Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Victoria Road, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Lymphoedema in Victoria Road, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Lymphoedema is a medical condition in which there is swelling in one of your arms or legs. Lymphoedema is usually caused by the removal of the lymph nodes or any damage caused to it. Lymph nodes are usually damaged during cancer treatment. Symptoms are:
• Swelling of a part or the whole of arms and legs
• Feeling of heaviness or lightness
• Restricted range of motion
• Aching or discomfort
• Recurring infections
• Hardening or thickening of skin
HOW IS LYMPHOEDEMA DIAGNOSED?
Lymphoedema is diagnosed with a number of different tests, including:
• Physical examination – taking into account the person’s prior medical history.
• Scans – specialised x-rays, including CT scans and especially lymphoscintigraphy (which gives a functional picture of the lymphatic system).
• Bioimpedance – to detect fluids.
• Perometry – to detect limb volume and circumference changes.
• Tonometry – to detect changes in the toughness of the limb.
HOW IS LYMPHOEDEMA TREATED?
As there is no cure for this disorder treatments are aimed at relieving symptoms such as exercises and massages.
DID YOU KNOW?
Factors that may increase your risk of developing lymphedema after cancer, cancer treatment or other secondary causes include:
• Older age
• Excess weight or obesity
• Rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis