Doctors for Insomnia in Siddharameshwar Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Insomnia is a persistent disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, hard to stay asleep or both, despite the opportunity for adequate sleep. The most common complaints or symptoms in people with insomnia are:
• Trouble falling asleep on most nights
• Feeling tired during the day or falling asleep during the day
• Not feeling refreshed when one wakes up
• Waking up several times during sleep
HOW IS INSOMNIA DIAGNOSED?
Somnologists may evaluate your symptoms, medical history and your lifestyle. Your sleep-wake pattern and level of daytime sleepiness is evaluated through a questionnaire. You may need to spend a night at the sleep center so that the doctor may observe your sleep pattern.
HOW IS INSOMNIA TREATED?
Behaviour therapy to improve sleep patterns and good sleep habits would be suggest to patients with insomnia. Sleeping pills such as zolpidem and zaleplon could be prescribed.
DID YOU KNOW?
Insomnia is treatable in all patients and often promoting good sleep habit and lifestyle changes can help one overcome this disorder.
Snoring is treated as a rather common embarrassment. But if it gets louder and goes with a feeling of exhaustion during the day, then you might be suffering from sleep apnea. In these type of sleep disorders, your breathing periodically starts and stops while you are asleep and this condition is known as sleep apnea. It may have far-reaching implications on your day to day activities besides being one of the more uncomfortable sleep disorders.
What Obstructive Sleep Apnea Results in?
In some cases, people suffering from sleep disorders may display various symptoms besides narcolepsy, like:
• The patient often feels depressed due to his sleep disorders which stem from sleep apnea.
• In children, sleep disorders like sleep apnea often result in behaviors which may be characterized as being hyperactive.
• Sleep apnea may also result in high blood pressure which may prove to be problematic to the remedy. Such are the implications of sleep disorders.
• If your sleep apnea is severe enough you might also complain of swelling of the legs.
Why Do People Have Sleep Apnea?
There might be a multitude of reasons behind sleep disorders like sleep apnea, but you're particularly vulnerable if you have:
• Obesity is one of the major characteristics of people experiencing sleep disorders like sleep apnea.
• Males are particularly susceptible to sleep apnea.
• A family background of sleep apnea might also be a cause.
• Age also seems to be a factor in sleep apnea. People aged over fifty experience sleeping disorders like it more.
• Hispanics, blacks and those from pacific islands are also more prone to having sleep apnea as well as sleep disorders.
• Smokers too are more vulnerable to sleep apnea.
• People with high blood pressure should also watch out for sleep apnea.
• Physical dimensions like necks greater than 40 cm also count in sleep apnea type sleep disorders. Other physical issues are also involved in the occurrence of sleep apnea.
How Can Sleep Apnea Be Confirmed?
Doctors turn to sleep studies in order to confirm the presence of sleep apnea amidst the plethora of sleep disorders. These take place at sleep centers monitoring sleep apnea, where you doze off to your regular nightly sleep. They observe the number of times your breathing stops if the case is that you are indeed suffering from sleep apnea. They also reveal the amount of oxygen in your blood as you lie asleep and other details associated with sleep disorders like sleep apnea.
Insomnia Cures Tips
There are some common insomnia cures and popular sleep aids. We must rest ourselves regularly as sleep aids the various body functions. Some tips for insomnia treatment when diagnosed with sleep apnea are:
• Sleeping on the side to keep this cause of narcolepsy at bay.
• Give support to your back in this position to prevent you from rolling back. This is an easy way of insomnia treatment.
• Use cervical pillows so that the upper part of your body remains elevated. This forms the core behind many easy insomnia cures.
• Ensure that you’re the passage of your nose remains open through sleep aids.
• Try to keep tight the muscles of your mouth particularly those that keep them closed. This is also a relatively easy insomnia treatment.
If you want to get rid of the root cause behind your narcolepsy, then Lybrate is there with you in Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Noida etc. Just visit us to get up to date information on the best doctors around to treat your affliction.
You can consult doctors online for Insomnia from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Siddharameshwar Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad for Insomnia. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.