Doctors for Hearing Impairment in New Cotton Market, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Hearing Impairment in New Cotton Market, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
The inability of an individual to totally hear sounds through the ear is known as hearing impairment. The impairment could be mild, where the person has difficulty hearing faint or distant sounds.
HOW IS HEARING IMPAIRMENT DIAGNOSED?
An ENT specialist will conduct a physical examination to look for causes for hearing impairment such as an inflammation, infection or ear wax. Screening tests will be conducted to determine whether the impairment is in one or both ears. Tuning fork tests and audiometer tests would be conducted to determine the extent of the impairment.
HOW IS HEARING IMPAIRMENT TREATED?
Treatment depends on the kind of hearing impairment you suffer from. If it is something temporary due to an infection or acute cold, ear drops and nasal decongestants might help. If it is something more severe and permanent then a hearing machine along with relevant medications are given.
DID YOU KNOW?
At times, if the hearing impairment is not treated on time, it could lead to permanent ruptures.
Hearing loss, or hearing impairment is the partial or complete inability to hear. It may affect one or both ears. When an individual cannot detect sounds of 25 decibels or less in at least one ear, he/she is said to be affected by this condition. It can either be temporary or permanent state.
The factors causing deafness include:
• Birth complications.
• Rubella infection during pregnancy.
• Exposure to loud noise.
• Injuries or trauma to the ear.
• Chronic ear infections.
The following are a few symptoms of hearing loss:
• Loss of directionality of sound.
• Pain or pressure in the ears
• Difficulty in understanding speech, especially of women and children.
• Dullness, muffling or attenuation of sounds or speech.
• Disturbance of facial movement (indicating a possibility of stroke or tumour).
• Hyperacusis or heightened sensitivity to certain volumes and frequencies of sound.
• Tympanotonus or the abnormal hearing of one's own voice and respiratory sounds.
• Tinnitus, ringing, buzzing, hissing or other sounds in the ear when no external sound is present.
Tinnitus is caused by exposure to noise which damages the hair cells in the inner ear, ontological or neurological reasons. Subjective tinnitus can only be heard by the affected person. In individuals affected by tinnitus, deafness is mostly induced by cochlear damage.
Hearing loss is of two types:
• Sensorineural hearing loss: Sensorineural hearing loss is caused by a dysfunctional auditory nerve or a problem in the inner ear. Though the exact reasons for sensorineural hearing loss cannot always be detected, it is usually an irreversible and permanent condition. It reduces the intensity of sound being transmitted and distorts it so that the sound becomes unclear even when audible.
• Conductive hearing loss: Conductive hearing loss caused by any condition or disease preventing the transmission of sound through the middle ear cavity to the inner ear. It may result from a blockage in the external ear canal. This reduces the intensity of the sound being transmitted to the inner ear. This condition can usually be remedied leading to complete or partial improvement in hearing.
Hearing tests are required to ascertain the stage of hearing loss. Physical exams, general screening, audiometer tests and tuning fork tests are used for diagnosis. Further course of treatment may include surgery, cochlear implants or hearing aids.
• Surgery in the event of a serious ear injury or infections which require draining.
• Cochlear implants are used in the event of severe hearing loss. They are electronic, medical devices which transmit sound to the brain by bypassing the damaged cochlea.
• Hearing aids if the hearing loss results from damage to the inner ear. A hearing aid can help improve hearing by increasing the volume of the transmitted sounds. The audiologist usually recommends devices according to the patient’s requirement.
A bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) or bone-anchored hearing device is a type of hearing aid based on bone conduction. It is primarily designed for people whose hearing loss is conductive, unilateral, single-sided or mixed. BAHAs are more expensive than conventional hearing aids, and need invasive surgery with minimal complications.
Lybrate brings to you an interactional platform where you can communicate with the best ENT specialists and audiologists. Direct your queries on ear health, ear problems etc to the top ENT specialists and doctors or book a consultation appointment online for free. Subscribe to Lybrate.com to know more on tinnitus, hearing test, deafness etc. Search for the top ENT specialists and audiologists in Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, etc.
Call doctors and view Hearing Impairment treatment cost in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Hearing Impairment.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in New Cotton Market , Hubli-Dharwad for Hearing Impairment. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.