Doctors for Hearing Impairment in Lakshmi Narayan Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Hearing Impairment in Lakshmi Narayan Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
Hearing impairment could be a permanent or temporary disorder, which prevents an individual from getting the exact and clear sounds of the environment. There are different degrees and types of hearing impairments that could affect one or both ears. Having trouble hearing, sudden pain in the ear or difficulty in hearing from one ear are the common symptoms here.
HOW IS HEARING IMPAIRMENT DIAGNOSED?
An ENT would diagnose the problem by doing a thorough checkup of your ears. He/ she would also conduct some hearing tests to check how audible your eardrums are.
HOW IS HEARING IMPAIRMENT TREATED?
Treatment depends on the kind of hearing impairment you suffer from. If it is something temporary due to an infection or acute cold, ear drops and nasal decongestants might help. If it is something more severe and permanent then a hearing machine along with relevant medications are given.
DID YOU KNOW?
If you work in a noisy environment, then regulating the workplace noise helps prevent hearing impairment.
Hearing loss, or hearing impairment, is a problem referring to the partial or complete inability to hear. It may affect one or both ears. It is diagnosed when an individual cannot detect sounds of 25 decibels or less in at least one ear. It can either be temporary or permanent state.
The factors causing deafness include:
• Birth complications.
• Injuries or trauma to the ear.
• Exposure to loud noise.
• Rubella infection during pregnancy.
• Chronic ear infections.
Problems of hearing have the following symptoms:
• Pain or pressure in the ears
• Loss of directionality of sound.
• Dullness, muffling or attenuation of sounds or speech.
• Difficulty in understanding speech, especially of women and children.
• Hyperacusis or heightened sensitivity to certain volumes and frequencies of sound.
• Disturbance of facial movement (indicating a possibility of stroke or tumour).
• Tympanotonus or the abnormal hearing of one's own voice and respiratory sounds.
• Tinnitus, ringing, buzzing, hissing or other sounds in the ear when no external sound is present.
Tinnitus which results from hearing loss is called subjective tinnitus. It is caused by exposure to noise which damages the hair cells in the inner ear, ontological or neurological reasons. Subjective tinnitus can only be heard by the affected person. In individuals affected by tinnitus, deafness is mostly induced by cochlear damage.
Hearing loss is of two types:
• Conductive hearing loss caused by any condition or disease preventing the transmission of sound through the middle ear cavity to the inner ear. It may result from a blockage in the external ear canal. This reduces the intensity of the sound reaching the inner ear. This condition can usually be remedied leading to complete or partial improvement in hearing.
• Sensorineural hearing loss: Sensorineural hearing loss is caused by a dysfunctioning auditory nerve or a problem in the inner ear. While the reasons for sensorineural hearing loss cannot always be determined, it is usually an irreversible and permanent condition. It reduces the intensity of sound besides distorting it so that it becomes unclear even when audible.
Hearing tests are required to ascertain the stage of hearing loss. Physical exams, general screening, audiometer tests and tuning fork tests are used for diagnosis. Further course of treatment may include surgery, hearing aids or cochlear implants.
• Surgery in the event of a serious ear injury or infections which require draining.
• Hearing aids if the hearing loss results from damage to the inner ear. A hearing aid can help improve hearing by increasing the volume of the transmitted sounds. The audiologist usually recommends devices according to the patient’s requirement.
A bone-anchored hearing aid (BAHA) or bone-anchored hearing device is a type of hearing aid based on bone conduction. It is primarily designed for people whose hearing loss is conductive, unilateral, single-sided or mixed. BAHAs are more expensive than conventional hearing aids, and need invasive surgery with minimal complications.
• Cochlear implants in the event of severe hearing loss. It is an electronic, medical device which transmits sound to the brain by bypassing the damaged cochlea.
Lybrate helps you to seek the best medical treatment for your problems. Ask the top ENT specialists and audiologists questions about your ear problems or book an appointment easily. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more on hearing test, deafness, tinnitus and other topics. Search for the top ENT specialists and audiologists in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Coimbatore, etc.
Consult top doctors for Hearing Impairment online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Hearing Impairment.
Above are listed top doctors for Hearing Impairment in Lakshmi Narayan Nagar , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Hearing Impairment and get answers from top doctors in no time.