Doctors for Gastritis in Sobermutt Galli, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Gastritis is a condition that occurs when your stomach lining becomes inflamed. This can be a result of excessive alcohol or caffeine intake. When this condition occurs, your stomach lining produces fewer amounts of acid, pepsin and the protective mucous. This causes you to feel bloated and feel full even when you eat too little. There may also be stomach ulcers in this case. Indigestion, loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, and nausea are common symptoms.
HOW IS GASTRITIS DIAGNOSED?
The health care practitioner may recommend one or more of the following tests:
• a stool test
• a breath test for Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection
• an endoscopy
• a barium swallow
HOW IS GASTRITIS TREATED?
Treatment of gastritis depends on the underlying cause. Acute gastritis may be treated by non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Abstaining from alcohol and smoking may help in faster recovery. If H.pylori bacteria are found, then antibiotic medication is required. In case of heartburn due to Gastritis, medication to reduce acid production should be given
DID YOU KNOW?
Gastritis problems on a regular basis indicate chronic or serious stomach problems and should not be ignored.
Gastritis is irritation, inflammation and erosion of the lining of the stomach. Gastritis is very common and causes nausea, vomiting, extreme stomach pain and indigestion. It also makes you feel fatigued. Stomach inflammation should be avoided during gastritis.
If you are diagnosed by gastritis, it is necessary that you need to control your diet and avoid food products which can alleviate the condition further.
1. There are some foods which can give you acute stomach pain when you are suffering from gastritis, so it is necessary to avoid such food products. Your gastric diet should comprise of food products which don't include spices, chocolate, products which are high in fat. Beverages that contain caffeine or alcohol may also irritate your stomach.
2. Dairy foods like milk, cream, yogurt and butter should also be avoided to an extent in your gastric diet.
3. Meat which has high fat content like bacon, ham, sausage and salami should be avoided.
4. Tomato paste and food products with tomato in them should be avoided in your gastric diet.
5. Whole grains such as whole wheat-bread, pasta, cereal and brown rice is very healthy. Also having healthy meats like poultry chicken, fish and eggs should be added to your gastric diet.
1. Proton-pump Inhibitors- This form of medication is extremely effective for gastritis treatment. It works by blocking the cells that create stomach acid. This medication should not be used in high doses because it causes severe complications. It might increase the risk of hip, spine and wrist fracture. Omeprazole, lansoprazole and esomeprazole are common pump inhibitors.
2. Medications which reduce acid- This form of medication reduce the amount of acids such as ranitidine and famotidine. This gastric treatment generally lowers the pain in the abdomen area caused by gastritis.
3. Antacids- These are generally prescribed by doctors for your gastritis treatment. This medication will reduce the acid content in your stomach. Sometimes antacids can also cause diarrhea or constipation. These gastric remedies are extremely useful.
Cure for gastritis:
1. Consuming probiotics is an effective way to cure gastritis.
2. Try to eat meals in an interval of every two hours rather than consuming two to three big meals in a day.
3. Exercise also makes inflammation reduce so exercising on a daily basis can be an effective gastritis cure.
Symptoms of gastritis:
1. Black stools, indigestion and appetite loss can be symptoms of gastritis.
2. Other symptoms of gastritis include bloody vomit, nausea and immense pain in the abdomen.
3. Increase in the intensity of hiccups and burping are symptoms of gastritis.
4. Some symptoms of gastritis are very similar to other health conditions, hence it can be very difficult to diagnose gastritis. One should visit a doctor as soon as possible when these symptoms start to occur.
With Lybrate, you get detailed information on the top gastroenterologists in India, in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Panaji etc. So subscribe to Lybrate today.
You can consult doctors online for Gastritis from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Sobermutt Galli, Hubli-Dharwad for Gastritis. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.