Doctors for Gastric Trouble in New Cotton Market, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Gastric Trouble is a broad term used for defining a series of gastric problems that affect the individual ranging from indigestion, inability to keep food down, nausea and also burning sensation. These are attributes or signs of other inherent disease and usually they are not dangerous. The problem can range from mild to extreme and if it recurs, then you should consult an expert.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE DIAGNOSED?
A general physician would check your lifestyle and food habits along with examining the stomach area physically. An x-ray or scan with some blood tests are suggested too.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE TREATED?
Treatment for gastric trouble is based on the underlying cause which usually involves:
• Taking antacids and other drugs
• Avoiding hot and spicy foods
• Antibiotics for blocking drug that cause heartburn.
• If the gastritis is caused by pernicious anemia, B12 vitamin shots will be given.
• Eliminating irritating foods from your diet such as lactose from dairy or gluten from wheat
DID YOU KNOW?
High-fiber foods that commonly cause gas and gas pains include:
• Whole grains
• Beans and peas (legumes)
Gastric problems, occurring in the food pipe (oesophagus) and/or stomach are fairly common and affect a huge section of the population. In most cases, they are a result of an irritation of the soft membranous lining of the stomach. Stomach pain sets in when the nerve ends come into contact with the acid secreted from the glands and gastric pits contained within the lining.
Listed below are the common organic causes of gastric problems:
• Peptic ulcer disease: Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection, the use of NSAIDs like aspirin, painkillers like erythromycin, corticosteroids and/or beta-blockers cause a defect in the lining of the duodenum wall or in the innermost layer of the stomach. This abrasion or lesion is called a peptic ulcer and causes stomach pain and gas trouble along with indigestion and severe nausea and vomiting.
• Gastro-esophageal reflux disease: When the bile juice flows backward into the esophagus, it irritates the membranous lining. GERD is chronic.
• Cancer: Cancer of the stomach, pancreas or liver triggers all the symptoms of gastric problem including continuous stomach pain.
• Gallstone disease: This disease generally shows no symptoms. In rare cases, the gallstone can cause severe stomach pain and indigestion by itself or as a result of the blockage of the bile duct or gallbladder inflammation.
If the stomach pain is not attributed to any of the organic causes as listed above, the patient may be suffering from non-ulcer dyspepsia. It causes pain in the area of the upper abdomen.
A few everyday practices contribute to the onset of both the organic and inorganic causes of gastric problems which includes:
• Leading a stressful life
• Consumption of unhealthy food
• Consuming alcohol
• Drug use
Gastric problems usually manifest the following symptoms:
• Stomach Pain
• Gas trouble and flatulence: Flatulence refers to the forced rectal ejection of gas. Though this common in all human beings, gastric problems often cause the gas to have an unpleasant smell. This makes gastric flatulence extremely embarrassing.
• Bloating: The abnormal increase of abdominal diameter due to accumulation of gas in the stomach as a result of constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance and/ or consumption of unhealthy food is called bloating. It exerts great pressure on the abdomen besides being accompanied by a sound of stomach growling. If a bloated stomach does not emit any sound, immediate medical help ought to be sought.
• Nausea and vomiting
• Heart burn
Gastric problems can generally be treated at home. Here are a few of the common home remedies to offer quick relief from the stomach pain and other gastric problems:
• Drink the mixture of the juice of one lemon and a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water.
• Increase the consumption of water to reduce the problem of flatulence
• Stir, powdered turmeric leaves into a glass of milk and drink it to reduce stomach pain. Avoid it in case of lactose intolerance.
• Mix three drops of apple cider vinegar in warm water. When the mixture cools, drink it for instant relief from gastric problem.
• Chew a small piece of ginger slowly along with your food. This will cure gas trouble.
Small doses of anxiety-relieving medicines and anti-depressants are prescribed along with medicines to control the production of acid in the stomach. As gastric problem is usually a long-term condition, prolonged care is necessary to alleviate it. Some of the measures to ensure cure include complete abstaining from alcohol and tobacco intake, consuming small portions of food at regular time intervals, avoiding spicy and unhealthy food and exercising regularly. Yogasana like pranayama and vajrasana are known to be effective.
Lybrate brings you the chance to get your questions on stomach pain and gastric problem answered in an instant. Talk online to the best gastroenterologists or book a consultation appointment for free online. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more on gastric problem, flatulence and bloating, stomach pain etc. Search for the best general physicians and gastroenterologists in Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Noida, Panchkula, Patna etc.
Call doctors and view Gastric Trouble treatment cost in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Gastric Trouble.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in New Cotton Market , Hubli-Dharwad for Gastric Trouble. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.