Doctors for Gastric Trouble in Mandihal, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Gastric Trouble is a broad term used for defining a series of gastric problems that affect the individual ranging from indigestion, inability to keep food down, nausea and also burning sensation. These are attributes or signs of other inherent disease and usually they are not dangerous. The problem can range from mild to extreme and if it recurs, then you should consult an expert.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE DIAGNOSED?
The General Physician would be able to diagnose your condition based on the symptoms you recount. If the doctor wants to be sure of the intensity of the condition, an ultrasound test of the abdomen can also be recommended.
HOW IS GASTRIC TROUBLE TREATED?
Gastric Trouble may be caused by various health issues. Treatment targets addressing these issues and minimizing discomfort. Identifying the trigger of gastric trouble is important. Avoidance of the trigger helps prevent gas trouble. Over the counter medication is also available for relief from heaviness or heartburn
DID YOU KNOW?
That people who have crossed 40 years are more susceptible to gastric problems and have to regulate their eating habits.
Gastric problems usually occur in the food pipe (esophagus) and/or stomach. Generally triggered by a disturbance of the gastric mucosa, the soft membrane lining in the stomach contains gastric glands and acid pits which induces stomach pain and discomfort.
The stomach pain may be caused by organic or inorganic causes. The organic causes include the following:
• Peptic ulcer disease: In this disease, a small lesion or abrasion is formed in the wall of the duodenum where the small intestine joins the stomach or in the innermost layer of the stomach itself. Peptic ulcers may be a result of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection or the use of NSAIDs like aspirin, other painkillers like erythromycin and corticosteroids or beta- blockers.
• Gastro - esophageal reflux disease (GERD): This is a chronic condition resulting from the irritation of the esophageal lining by the backwards flow of bile juice into the esophagus.
• Gallstone disease: This disease can cause severe stomach pain due to the blockage of the bile duct or inflammation of the gallbladder itself. In rare cases, the stone alone can cause intense stomach pain.
• Cancer: If the cells in the liver, pancreas or stomach of a patient grow malignant, it can trigger persistent stomach pain.
When no organic cause can be detected as a cause for the stomach pain, patients are usually diagnosed with non-ulcer dyspepsia which causes pain in the upper abdomen.
In general, both the organic and inorganic causes of gastric problem are a result of a few common practices:
• Having an extremely stressful life-style
• Consuming unhealthy food
• Smoking and alcohol intake
• Substance abuse
Gastric problems usually are accompanied with the following symptoms:
• Stomach Pain
• Nausea and vomiting
• Gas trouble and flatulence
• Heart burn
While gas trouble is quite common, it becomes embarrassing if flatulence develops. The term flatulence refers to the passage of, often time odorous, gas through the anus.
Bloating, or the sudden abnormal swelling causing a constrictive pressure on the abdomen, induces intense discomfort. It may be accompanied by increased stomach growling, and is marked by a total absence of growling in more serious cases. Bloating usually indicates irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, constipation and/or an unhealthy diet.
Stomach pain caused by gastric trouble can be fixed with the help of a few home remedies for gastric:
• Drink the juice of one lemon mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda in a cup of water.
• Mix powdered turmeric leaves with a glass of milk to relieve the stomach pain.
• Increase the intake of water. This helps reduce flatulence.
• Chew on a small piece of ginger along with your food to cure gas trouble.
• Make a solution of three drops of apple cider vinegar with warm water. When it cools, drink it for instant relief from stomach pain.
When the gastric problems are stress-induced, small doses of anti-depressants and anxiety-relieving medicines are prescribed along with medicines to reduce the production of stomach acids. Since gastric is a long-lasting problem, patients are advised to cut down on tobacco and alcohol consumption, avoid spicy food and stop skipping meals entirely, eat small meals at regular intervals instead. Regular exercise including yogasana like pranayama and vajrasana also help.
In case of persistent gastric problem, consult the best gastroenterologist right away. Click a button to send your question directly to the top doctor in the field or to book an appointment with the top doctors. Lybrate offers you the unique option of getting your health queries answered in an instant. To know more on stomach pain, symptoms and causes of gastric, bloating and flatulence, home remedies for gastric etc. subscribe to Lybrate.com. Search for the best general physicians and gastroenterologists in Jalandhar, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mohali, Nagpur etc.
Consult top doctors for Gastric Trouble online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Gastric Trouble.
Above are listed top doctors for Gastric Trouble in Mandihal , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Gastric Trouble and get answers from top doctors in no time.