Female Hair Loss is a condition in which there is drastic loss of hair, leading to baldness or bald patches. Women loose hair in the same way as men do, but the rate of loss of hair may be a little slower in some cases. Hair loss may be caused due to many reasons like stress, underlying diseases, cancer treatment or pregnancy. Symptoms are:
• Excessive loss of hair
• Formation of bald patches or baldness
• Thinning hair volume
• Scalp becomes more prominent
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of this problem is done by a general physician who would ask you to undertake different kinds of hormonal tests along with blood tests to check the cause of the problem.
HOW IS FEMALE HAIR LOSS TREATED?
The treatment is based on the cause of the condition which is suggested only after the diagnosis by the doctor. Treatments for hair loss include medications, surgery, laser therapy, and wigs or hairpieces.
DID YOU KNOW?
Social support plays an important role in helping patients with hair loss recover.
Female hair loss is a common problem today. While a normal person loses upto 150 strands of her hair regularly, any abnormal increase in hair loss rates require special attention. Sometimes, the hairloss is reversible. In others however, proper medical treatment and personal care are required.
Excessive hair loss is also known as alopecia. Listed below are a few conditions of alopecia:
• Androgenic alopecia or Female Pattern Baldness: Usually inherited, androgenic alopecia leads to a thinning of hair throughout the scalp. It may also be a result of hormonal fluctuations as in PCOS, pregnancy or menopause, consumption of oral contraceptives or the predominance of DSH and other androgens in the female body.
• Traction alopecia: This condition develops when the hair roots experience intense pressure because of tight hairstyles like braids, cornrows, hair extensions and tight ponytails.
• Alopecia Areata: In autoimmune disorders, the immunity system of the bosy begins to destroy the hair generating systems of the body. As a result, bald patches in oval or circular shapes begin to form on the patient’s scalp.
•Telogen Effluvium: A chronic condition which develops in the wake of traumatic incident like childbirth, high stress or major surgery, malnutrition etc. telogen effluvium leads to loss of handfuls of hair.
• Anagen Effluvium: This condition which can cause a patient to lose upto ninety percent of her hair develops when the metabolism of the hair follicles is adversely affected by treatments like chemotherapy.
Reasons for hairfall often include the following:
• Hereditary factors.
• Iron deficiency anaemia.
• Unhealthy scalp caused by psoriasis, dandruff, and/or fungal infections like ringworm.
• Excessive hair styling.
Hairloss is not an entirely preventable condition. A few home-remedies however can bring down the rate of hairfall significantly, besides improving the quality and texture of your hair:
• Consume beetroots and multi mineral and vitamin supplements regularly.
• Massage your hair with a concentrate of coconut oil and hibiscus flower extracts everytime before shampoo. You may also use other oils like almond, flaxseed, jojoba or olive oils at least an hour before shampoo.
• Rub a mixture of 10 drops of rosemary extract and 5 drops of nettle extract on your head daily .
• Wash your hair with diluted tincture of arnica and warm water.
• Make a pack of ground fenugreek seeds and apply it to your head. Shampoo after at least 40 minutes.
• Massage a solution of one tablespoon amla juice and one tablespoon lemon juice onto your scalp a night before shampoo.
• Use a mixture of onion juice with aloe vera gel or olive oil on your head to stop hairloss. Wash off an hour later.
• Apply a pack of ground licorice roots, a cup of milk and a pinch of saffron on your scalp. Leave it over night.
• Massage coconut milk into your hair.
• Eat a teaspoonful of flaxseeds regularly.
• Apply aloe vera gel to your head at night and drink aloe vera juice in the morning.
At Lybrate, you can communicate directly with the best dermatologists in the city and seek genuine medical solutions to your hairloss problems. Send your queries on alopecia, how to stop hairfall etc. to the top doctors and dermatologists or book a consultation appointment online at an instant completely free of charge. Search for the best dermatologists in Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata etc. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for more details on hairfall reasons, how to stop hairfall, home remedies for hairfall etc.
You can consult doctors online for Female Hair Loss from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Sobermutt Galli, Hubli-Dharwad for Female Hair Loss. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.