Patient reviews for Doctors for Eye Redness in Unaki, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
""Red eye"" is a general term used to describe red, irritated and bloodshot eyes. Red eye is caused by swollen or dilated blood vessels on the sclera, the white outer surface of the eye.
Red eyes can be accompanied by eye pain, itching, eye discharge, swollen eyes or visual disturbances such as blurry vision. In other cases, a red eye may cause no irritation at all.
HOW IS EYE REDNESS DIAGNOSED?
The eye specialist will perform a physical exam, including an eye exam, and ask questions about medical history
HOW IS EYE REDNESS TREATED?
Treatment of eye redness is based on the underlying cause. If the redness is due to any irritant present in the eye, then the irritant needs to be removed. Applying a cold compress on the affected eye can help relieve the pain or irritation.
DID YOU KNOW?
Follow these tips to prevent eye redness:
• Wash hands when exposed to someone who has an eye infection.
• Remove all makeup from eyes each day.
• Do not wear contact lenses longer than recommended.
• Clean contact lenses regularly.
• Avoid activities that can cause eyestrain.
• Avoid substances that can cause the eyes to become irritated.
• If eye becomes contaminated, flush it out immediately with water.