Doctors for Enlarged Prostate in Malmaddu, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Enlarged Prostate is a condition in which the prostate gland in men is swollen. This condition is also referred to as benign prostate hyperplasia. Causes of enlarged prostate are unknown, it could be due to ageing and changes in the cells of testicles. Symptoms are:
• Drooling at the end of urination
• Difficulty in urinating
• Pain or bloody urine
• Weak urine stream
• Strong and sudden urge to urinate
HOW IS ENLARGED PROSTATE DIAGNOSED?
A digital rectal exam will be conducted by the urologist after the standard lab tests based on urine and blood samples. This test can check the size as well as the firmness of the prostate. Also, the doctor may conduct a urinalysis or a urine culture to check for the presence of any urinary tract infections. Finally, a prostate specific antigen test can also be conducted for diagnosis.
HOW IS ENLARGED PROSTATE TREATED?
Watchful waiting is suggested when the symptoms of the enlarged prostate are mild. Regular check-ups are essential though to ensure that the early signs of any major inconvenience are identified and the treatment started accordingly. In most cases, treatment involves attending to the symptoms that affect the quality of life. Medications are advised for reducing the symptoms. Sometimes, surgery may be needed to treat the urine blockage.
DID YOU KNOW?
As per National Kidney and Urological Disease Clearinghouse, enlarged prostate is the most common problem in men above 50yrs of age
The prostate vis a very important gland in men whose size is that of a walnut. When afflicted it can lead to both bacterial prostatitis and non-bacterial prostatitis, show prostate cancer symptoms and associated signs of prostate cancer. It may also lead to benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH.
Chronic prostatitis in its nonbacterial form leads to urinary symptoms and long-term pain. It affects the prostate gland and nonbacterial prostatitis is not caused by bacterial infection.
Benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH is a condition caused by enlargement of the prostate gland. The urethra is squeezed or is blocked, at least partially, in BPH. BPH is common condition amongst men. However benign prostatic hypertrophy is quite distinct from signs of prostate cancer. Benign prostatic hypertrophy is a major headache but not a medical condition that is severe in nature. It is estimated that over 50% of men aged above 75 display BPH symptoms.
What is prostate cancer?
Men should pay close attention to prostate cancer symptoms and understand exactly what is prostate cancer. Prostate cancer symptoms show slow growth and you should keep an open eye for signs of prostate cancer.
The Causes of Prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is generally of the nonbacterial variety and may be caused by a number of factors like:
• Problems in the nerves of the lower portion of the urinary tract may lead to prostatitis.
• Parasites may also cause prostatitis.
• Problems of muscles of the floor of the pelvis is one of the reasons behind chronic prostatitis.
• Being abused sexually may also lead to prostatitis.
• Prostatitis, whether it is chronic prostatitis or not, may be the work of a virus also.
Symptoms of Prostatitis
Prostatitis is accompanied by signs like:
• Bowel movements causing pain is a sign of prostatitis.
• If you have prostatitis you may also experience pain while ejaculating.
• Complications during urination may also indicate prostatitis.
Nonbacterial prostatitis is a treatment challenge. Chronic prostatitis is notoriously difficult to cure and oftentimes all that may be done is to minimize the symptoms.
However, prostatitis is fought with a medical regimen of medicines which include:
• NSAIDs work to relieve symptoms of prostatitis for a number of men.
• Medicines that relax muscles reduce the spasm felt on the floor of the pelvis in people affected by prostatitis.
In patients with BPH the enlarged prostate results in difficulty urinating which is a common BPH Symptom. Besides that, some of the BPH symptoms are:
• Among common BPH symptoms one is that the bladder is not emptied wholly.
• Effort is needed to complete the act of urination. This is another symptom of BPH.
• The urinary stream also loses its force in BPH.
• Urine occurs in minuscule and weak streams if one has BPH.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
After knowing the basics of what is prostate cancer, you must be well aware that initially, there is an absence of prostate cancer symptoms. Lacking in overt prostate cancer symptoms it is usually diagnosed through routine blood tests and medical check-ups. Different stages of prostate cancer display prostate cancer symptoms like:
• Painful ejaculation is among prostate cancer symptoms.
• Problems in penile erection also constitutes prostate cancer symptoms.
• Prostate cancer symptoms of an advanced stage include pain in the bones, the spine, the ribs or the pelvis.
• Among the prostate cancer symptoms, the part of the femur near its neck may also be painful. This too is Prostate cancer symptoms of an advanced stage.
Other signs of prostate cancer also exist and one should pay close attention to any of the signs of prostate cancer listed above.
Lybrate is the best platform to know the best experts in Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad etc. in the field of urology.
Consult top doctors for Enlarged Prostate online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Enlarged Prostate.
Above are listed top doctors for Enlarged Prostate in Malmaddu , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Enlarged Prostate and get answers from top doctors in no time.