Dull skin can occur when the skin loses its ability to produce and retain moisture and oils to help it look lively and bright. There are a number of reasons for dull skin which can be classified as biological, some individuals have dull skin which they could have inherited. Environmental factors such as pollutants, chemicals and dust can cause skin to become dull. Unhealthy lifestyle and diet, exposure to UV rays from the sun and aging are also causes of dull skin.
HOW IS DULL SKIN DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of dull skin can be done by dermatologists through physical examination. He or she may examine your medical history, consumed medication and lifestyle for determining the underlying cause of dull skin. Other medical conditions may also cause dull skin.
HOW IS DULL SKIN TREATED?
There are many ways to treat dull skin which include:
• Massages and facials
• Dietary changes
• Lifestyle modifications
DID YOU KNOW?
Overexposure to sun can cause dull skin
Many feel that maintaining their skin is tough and annoying to keep up. However it is actually easier than you think. Dull skin is a commonality nowadays, and is often a result of leading a poor lifestyle and dietary input. So what is dull skin? It is skin that is covered by a layer of dead cells marked by acne or wrinkles that don’t allow the sunlight to diffuse, therefore making your skin look dark and dead. Our skin cells are renewed every month, with the renewal period being longer as we grow older. But first, let’s look at a few reasons why you can have dull skin and what you can do to solve them to get glowing skin:
• Improper or irregular exfoliation: Just washing your face everyday is not enough, as it does nothing to get rid of all the dead skin. It is important to slough off that dead skin with proper and regular exfoliation. This reveals the new and bright skin underneath. Go easy on this exfoliation though. If you’re too rough with this process, the skin can become very dry and develop age spots and acne with time.
• Lack of moisturisation: With dry skin comes cracks in our skin that need to be filled in with fatty substances like moisturizers. They help to increase the water retention of the skin cells, making them look fuller and plumper. With increased blood circulation, the skin begins to look brighter.
• Lack of hydration: With less volume of water in your blood, the blood going to your face makes you look pale and sickly. If this goes on for long, the skin becomes very wrinkly and saggy. You need to drink enough water to be well hydrated and have nourished skin
• Smoking: Carcinogenic substances are terrible news for the structure of your skin. Cigarette smoke breaks down the collagen of your skin, thus giving it a waxy and wrinkled appearance.
• Unbalanced diet: Stay away from salty and saturated fat foods or processed food that only swell your skin up and make your face very oily and prone to acne. Go for a lot of healthy kinds of beans like red beans and pinto beans. Citrus fruits and any other fruits like kiwi that contain Vitamin C are also excellent as they slow down the ageing process.
Ageing doesn’t always mean that you should accept your dull and lackluster skin. You need to genuinely take care of your skin by simply following a skin care regime so as to keep all skin problems at bay.
Lybrate has an up to date network of the best dermatologists of Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad. We make every effort to make sure we have the best doctors on board. Sign up and subscribe to us to receive several updates and tips to keep your skin glowing and healthy.
Consult top doctors for Dull Skin online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Dull Skin.
Above are listed top doctors for Dull Skin in Mandihal , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Dull Skin and get answers from top doctors in no time.