Doctors for Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Yattingudda, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Dilated Cardiomyopathy is a condition in which the heart’s ability to pump blood is reduced considerably. In this case, the heart’s main left ventricle is enlarged and weakened. In some cases, the condition also prevents the heart from relaxing. Most people with this condition do not show any symptoms or there may be very mild symptoms such as fatigue and shortness of breath, fainting, palpitations, dizziness and chest pain.
HOW IS DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY DIAGNOSED?
A number of laboratory tests may be done to determine the cause:
• Antinuclear antibody (ANA), erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), and other tests to diagnose autoimmune illnesses
• Blood tests
• Serum TSH and T4 test to identify thyroid problems
• Tests for amyloidosis
• Echocardiography (ultrasound of the heart)
• Chest x-ray
• Coronary angiogram to look at blood flow to the heart
• CT scan of the heart
• MRI of the heart
• Nuclear heart scan (MUGA, RNV)
• Heart biopsy,
HOW IS DILATED CARDIOMYOPATHY TREATED?
f you have dilated cardiomyopathy, your doctor might recommend treatment for the underlying cause, if known, and to improve blood flow and prevent further heart damage.
Medications are as follows:
1. Angiotensin converting enzyme(ACE)inhibitors
2. Angiotensin II receptor blockers
3. Beta Blockers
6. Blood thinning medications
Devices implantable to treat dilated cardiomyopathy are:
1. Biventricular pacemakers
2. Implantable Cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs)
3. Heart Pumps
Heart transplant is the last option to treat this condition
DID YOU KNOW?
Chest constrictions and palpitations are also common symptoms of this disease, and may cause sudden death.