Doctors for Difficulty Swallowing in Kundgol Cross, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Difficulty Swallowing is also known as dysphagia. Difficulty swallowing is an indication of a problem with the oesophagus or throat. Symptoms are:
• Problems getting food or liquids go down the throat
• Gagging or choking while swallowing
• Feeling of food stuck in your throat or chest
• Have pain while swallowing
• Pressure in your chest or heartburn
HOW IS DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING DIAGNOSED?
General physician conducts a thorough physical examination of your throat and evaluate your symptoms. If he suspects an underlying cause, he may refer you to a specialist. Imaging studies like X-rays may help detect any problem near the throat or chest. Barium swallow is another method of taking an X-ray. Laryngoscopy uses a fiber optic probe to examine the back of the throat.
HOW IS DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING TREATED?
The treatment for swallowing problem depends on the cause. Medicines that may be used depend on the cause. Procedures and surgeries that may be used include are upper endoscopy or radiation and surgery. The therapist will recommend some techniques to swallow food with minor changes in swallowing patterns.
DID YOU KNOW?
Swallowing difficulty can result from the following:
• Disorders of the brain or nervous system
• Disorders of the muscles in general
• Disorders of the esophagus (a physical blockage or a motility