Doctors for Chronic Granulomatous Disease in Victoria Road, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
CHRONIC GRANULOMATOUS DISEASE
Chronic Granulomatous Disease is a condition that affects the immunity of the body and increases the risk of contracting infections. This condition increases the susceptibility of getting infections caused by certain germs and bacteria. These can be severe infections that affect the lungs, liver, bones and skin.
HOW IS CHRONIC GRANULOMATOUS DISEASE DIAGNOSED?
Tests, that may be done by a dermatologist, include:
• Bone scan
• Chest x-ray
• Complete blood count (CBC)
• Flow cytometry tests to help confirm the disease
• Nitroblue tetrazolium test (NBT) to help diagnose the disease and find out whether the mother is a carrier
• Genetic testing to confirm the diagnosis
• Tissue biopsy
HOW IS CHRONIC GRANULOMATOUS DISEASE TREATED?
Treatment is around the two goals:
2. educating the patient for prompt treatment
Stem cell transplant is also considered as a form of treatment
DID YOU KNOW?
Chronic Granulomatous Disease may cause these complications:
• Bone damage and infections
• Chronic infections in the nose
• Pneumonia that keeps coming back and is hard to cure
• Lung damage
• Skin damage
• Swollen lymph nodes