Doctors for Chest Pain in Itigatti Village, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Chest pain is any discomfort in the heart. It varies in quality, intensity, duration and location. It may feel like a strong, stabbing pain or a dull ache. It may be a sign of a serious heart problem. The causes are:
1. A heart attack
6. Aortic dissection
7. Gastrointestinal causes
8. Lung related causes
9. Muscle or bone related causes
HOW IS CHEST PAIN DIAGNOSED?
The General Physician may order tests for identifying the cause of chest pain. Common diagnostic tests are:
• Electrocardiogram for checking heart’s electrical activity
• Blood tests for measuring enzyme levels
• Chest X-ray
• Echocardiogram for recording images of the heart
• Angiogram for locating heart blocks
• Stress tests to measure heart function
HOW IS CHEST PAIN TREATED?
3. Bypass surgery
DID YOU KNOW?
While it is true that chest pain is one of the most prominent symptoms of a cardiac arrest or other cardiac issues, only about 13% of reported cases of chest pain are actually due to a heart based condition.
Chest pain may occur either due to the onset of a cardiovascular disease or because of anxiety and acid reflux. Slight pain in the chest for a short period of time may be ignored, but one should immediately seek medical aid if the symptoms are too severe. For instance, seek help if you face the following symptoms of heart problems-
• The pain and pressure is too intense
• The pain lasts for about 15mins and more
• The pain spreads from the chest area to the arms and the jaw
• If you feel drowsy and nauseous
Various cardiovascular disease are generally responsible for chest pain. Some common ones are-
1. Angina- Known to be a pain which results when the coronary arteries become narrow. These arteries are responsible for blood supply to the heart. Generally, the arteries tend to become narrow due to patchy fat deposits and the accumulation of plaque. Angina pain can be very dull and uncomfortable. It usually stops when one takes rest.
2. Heart attack- The medical term for heart attack is myocardial infraction. A heart attack is the result of heart dysfunction, because of a blood clot in the coronary arteries that restricts the supply of blood to the organ. Heart attack symptoms include severe pain in the chest, which generally spreads to the arms and the jaw too. The pain is very similar to Angina chest pain, but more severe.
3. Ischemic heart disease- The condition may result in an ischemic stroke, as a blockage in the blood vessels supplying blood from the heart to the brains, restricts the efficient blood flow. Ischemic heart disease thus, damages brain cells causing severe impairments and complications.
4. Heart failure- This condition is also called congestive heart failure. This cardiovascular disease occurs when the heart cannot pump blood properly to all the parts of the body. The symptoms of this condition may vary from chest pain to discomfort.
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, which generally leads to acid reflux and oesophagitis, can also cause chest pain along with lower abdominal pain and nausea. Surprisingly even anxiety is a common cause of chest pain and heart problems.
If your chest pain persists make sure to consult a doctor and seek medical help. Your physician may ask you to get certain blood tests to determine the reason for the pain. Once the cause of the pain is determined the necessary treatment will be recommended by the doctor.
Lybrate gives you a perfect opportunity to get in touch with the top cardiologists of the medical field and seek their advice on heart conditions. With Lybrate one can effectively consult the top doctors all over India. You can now locate the top cardiologists and general physicians in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Coimbatore, Panaji etc. Moreover, Lybrate.com offers an effective online solution to various medical issues and problems, you can consult the doctor of your choice anytime you wish. Subscribe to Lybrate.com and get regular information about heart attack symptoms and other cardiovascular disease.
Consult top doctors for Chest Pain online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Chest Pain.
Above are listed top doctors for Chest Pain in Itigatti Village , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Chest Pain and get answers from top doctors in no time.