Doctors for Cellulitis in Itigatti Village, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Cellulitis in Itigatti Village, Hubli-Dharwad
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
Cellulitis is a common bacterial skin infection. Cellulitis may first appear as a red, swollen area that feels hot and tender to the touch. The redness and swelling often spread rapidly. The symptoms are:
1. Pain and ternderness in the affected area
2. rednesss or inflammation of your skin
3. a skin sore or rash that appears and grows quickly
4. a tight, glossy, swollen appearance of the skin
5. a feeling of warmth in the affected area
6. a central area that has an abscess with pus formation
7. a fever
Some common symptoms of a more serious cellulitis infection are shaking, chills, fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, muscle aches, warm skin and sweating
HOW IS CELLULITIS DIAGNOSED?
A General physician will examine your medical history and perform a complete physical examination. Other tests for confirming diagnosis are:
• Blood tests for checking if the blood is infected
• X-ray to determine if a foreign object under the skin is affected
• Culture test
HOW IS CELLULITIS TREATED?
The doctor will usually prescribe a 10 - 21 day regimen of oral antibiotics to treat cellulitis. The length of treatment with oral antibiotics will depend on the severity of the condition. Pain relievers are prescribed and rest is adviced until the symptoms improve.
DID YOU KNOW?
People who have diabetes or problem with blood circulation are more prone to the cellulitis infection. Liver diseases can also make you prone to this infection.