Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Lakshmi Narayan Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Bronchiectasis in Lakshmi Narayan Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Bronchiectasis in Lakshmi Narayan Nagar, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
Bronchiectasis is a condition in which the airways of the lungs are damaged and permanently blocked. This allows mucus and bacteria to build up which make the lungs more vulnerable to infection. The symptoms can be persistent cough with phlegm or sputum along with breathlessness.
HOW IS BRONCHIECTASIS DIAGNOSED?
The doctor will listen to the lungs to check for any abnormal sounds or evidence of airway blockage. A complete blood test may be recommended to identify the infection which may also include:
• sputum test to check your mucous for viruses or bacteria
• chest X-ray or CT scan to provide images of your lungs
• pulmonary function tests to find out how well air is flowing into your lungs
• purified protein derivative (PPD) skin test to check for tuberculosis
HOW IS BRONCHIECTASIS TREATED?
The damage caused to the lungs by bronchiectasis is permanent, but treatment can help relieve the symptoms and stop the damage getting worse.
The main treatments include:
• exercises and special devices to help you clear mucus out of your lungs
• medication to help improve airflow within the lungs
• antibiotics to treat any lung infections that develop
• Surgery is usually only considered for bronchiectasis in rare cases
DID YOU KNOW?
A high frequency, chest wall oscillation test can help get rid of mucus.