Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Chickballapur, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Bronchiectasis in Chickballapur, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Bronchiectasis in Chickballapur, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
Permanent damage to or inflammation in the bronchial tubes can lead to a condition known as Bronchiectasis. It can be caused if you have mistakenly swallowed some foreign particles, or breathed in harmful stomach acids. It can lead to excessive coughing with blood, shortness of breath and even chest pain.
HOW IS BRONCHIECTASIS DIAGNOSED?
The doctor will listen to the lungs to check for any abnormal sounds or evidence of airway blockage. A complete blood test may be recommended to identify the infection which may also include:
• sputum test to check your mucous for viruses or bacteria
• chest X-ray or CT scan to provide images of your lungs
• pulmonary function tests to find out how well air is flowing into your lungs
• purified protein derivative (PPD) skin test to check for tuberculosis
HOW IS BRONCHIECTASIS TREATED?
Bronchiectasis cannot be cured, only treated to manage the condition. Treatments help keep bronchial secretions and infections under control. Treatment methods are:
• Antibiotics for infection
• Bronchodilators to open airways
• Medications to thin mucus
• Expectorants for coughing up mucus
• Oxygen therapy
DID YOU KNOW?
A high frequency, chest wall oscillation test can help get rid of mucus.