Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Yattingudda, Hubli-Dharwad. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Bluish Color on Lips and Face in Yattingudda, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
BLUISH COLOR ON LIPS AND FACE
Bluish color on lips and face, medically referred as central cyanosis, is caused by low blood oxygen levels or poor circulation. If there is low levels of oxygen in blood, skin changes from bright red to darker in color. This may also occur when a person is at high altitude. Also, it may be due to chronic underlying conditions that lead to a decrease in blood oxygen levels including Asthma, Lung diseases, Pneumonia, Pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs), heart defect, etc. Often, it accompanies with the following symptoms:
• Bluish discoloration of the fingers and toes
• Thickening of the tissues beneath the nails
• Fainting or change in level of consciousness; lethargy
• Fatigue, Nausea, vomiting
• Rapid breathing or shortness of breath
HOW IS BLUISH COLOR ON LIPS AND FACE DIAGNOSED?
The various tests that are involved to diagnose the symptom of bluish Color on Lips and Face are:
• Arterial blood gas analysis
• Blood oxygen saturation by pulse oximetry
• Chest x-ray
• Chest CT scan
• Complete blood count (CBC)
• Echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart)
HOW IS BLUISH COLOR ON LIPS AND FACE TREATED?
Treatment involves indentifying and correcting the underlying cause and restoring the oxygenated blood flow in the lips under the department of internal medicine