Doctors for Asthma in Kundgol Cross, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Asthma in Kundgol Cross, Hubli-Dharwad
Lybrate User's review for Dr. Ashutosh Wahi
dr wahi marvelous his experience appear in way of asking to patient. Read more reviews
Asthma is a chronic disease that affects the airways of the lungs. It is characterized by recurring symptoms, bronchospasm and reversible airflow obstruction. The causes are both genetic and environmental. Symptoms are recurrent wheezing, tightness of chest, shortness of breath and coughing. Symptoms are generally worse at nights than in the day.
HOW IS ASTHMA DIAGNOSED?
A pulmonologist diagnoses asthma through complete evaluation of medical history and breathing tests. Spirometry is a common breathing test. Allergy testing is another method to identify the triggers of asthma.
HOW IS ASTHMA TREATED?
The treatment of Asthma is done by medicines like steroids and other anti-Inflammatory drugs, bronchodilators, Asthma inhalers, nebulizers, etc. The doctor may advise lifestyle modifications as a part of the treatment. Avoid smoking, aspirin and other identified triggers.
DID YOU KNOW?
Asthma is caused by a combination of complex and incompletely understood environmental and genetic interactions. These factors affect its severity and its responsiveness to treatment. Some people with asthma rarely experience symptoms, usually in response to triggers, whereas others may have persistent symptoms.
Bronchial asthma, which is commonly known as asthma, is a chronic condition which leads to swollen airways of the lungs. These airways are called bronchial tubes, and act as a passage for air to enter and exit the lungs. As a result of asthma the inflamed airway makes breathing difficult. Certain environmental and physical triggers can aggravate this condition causing an asthma attack, leading to severe breathing problems. Although, metered dose inhaler (MDI) is an effective way through which asthma attacks can be controlled. Individuals suffering from chronic bronchitis, may also suffer from asthma attacks and generally carry MDI along with them, for safety,
Depending on asthma causes, the condition can be characterized into 2 types-
1. Asthma due to allergies- allergic triggers cause this types of asthma.
2. Asthma due to other factors- Various other factors like stress, exercise, ill health and variations in weather, cause this types of asthma.
Various asthma triggers that you should be aware of are-
• Outdoor allergens (pollen, seeds, dust)
• Indoor allergens (pet dander, dust mites, mould)
• Various types of drugs and foods
• Air irritants (smoke, chemicals fumes, odours)
• Infections (Cold, flu, hay fever)
• Strenuous exercise
• Excessive stress and anxiety
• Sudden weather changes
Asthma is a condition which occurs in adults and even children. Among children it is more common in boys, while among adults this condition affects women more. Thus, you should know the common symptoms of asthma so that you can consult your doctor whenever necessary-
• Cough- Bouts of cough occur especially in the night or early in the morning
• Wheezing- a squeaky sound generally occurs when asthma patients breathe
• Chest tightness- a common asthma symptom, it leads to a sense of claustrophobia, with a sensation that the chest is being squeezed.
• Shortness of breath- asthma patients generally find it difficult to catch their breath after strenuous physical activity.
If you are suffering from these symptoms and visit the doctor, he will suggest a lung function test after taking details of your medical history and conducting a physical exam. If the lung function test indicate that you have asthma, he may recommend some sort of asthma treatment, such as-
• Changes in lifestyle- Certain essential lifestyle changes are needed to control the condition and prevent any severe attacks. This entails eating a balanced diet and avoiding foods that will act as triggers. Your doctor may also recommend that you follow an exercise regime which is not very strenuous but will keep you fit.
• Long- term control medicines- most bronchial asthma patients are recommended long term medicines, which reduce inflammation and do away with the symptoms of the condition. These medicines are either administered through a nebulizer or injected into the body.
• Quick relief medicines- these medicines offer quick relief from any symptoms of an asthma attack. Quick relief medicines are administered through inhalers or MDIs.
Lybrate offers you a chance to get in touch with the leading allergists and consult them either online or face to face. Through Lybrate you can seek the advice of the top doctors all across India. Locate leading allergists and general physicians in Visakhapatnam, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai etc. Lybrate.com is an effective online solution to your health problems. You can subscribe to Lybrate.com today and get more information on chronic bronchitis and the use of MDI.
Consult top doctors for Asthma online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad for Asthma.
Above are listed top doctors for Asthma in Kundgol Cross , Hubli-Dharwad. Post a free question today regarding Asthma and get answers from top doctors in no time.