Doctors for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Median Road, Hubli-Dharwad
ratings and reviews)
Patient reviews for Doctors for Alcoholic Liver Disease in Median Road, Hubli-Dharwad
Kalmesh's review for Dr. R. V. Desai
yea it was nice meeting doctor .... was satisfied with hi consultant Read more reviews
ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE
Alcohol is the major cause of liver disease. Excessive consumption of Alcohol leads to liver disease including fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, fibrosis or cirrhosis. The various symptoms of alcohol liver disease are: • Fluid build up of the legs (edema) and in the abdomen (ascites) • Yellow color in the skin, mucous membranes, or eyes (jaundice) • Redness on the palms of the hands • In men, impotence, shrinking of the testicles, and breast swelling • Easy bruising and abnormal bleeding • Confusion or problem in thinking • Pale or clay-colored stools
HOW IS ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of Alcoholic liver disease in Gastroenterology includes • Full abdominal check up following USG • CBC • Liver function tests and biopsy • Coagulation study
HOW IS ALCOHOLIC LIVER DISEASE TREATED?
While there is no absolute cure for alcoholic liver disease, the topmost treatment is to reduce or completely stop the intake of alcohol. Additionally, medications along with ayurvedic and homeopathic remedies can prove to be helpful. In severe cases, a liver transplant becomes mandatory.
DID YOU KNOW?
Absolute abstinence from alcohol, eating healthy food, and quitting smoking are few ways one can prevent himself or herself from Alcoholic liver disease
Liver disease generally affects the liver by making it weak and affecting other daily processes in our body which is generally controlled by the liver. The liver affects bodily functions such as protein production in our body, cholesterol, iron metabolism and also sugar (diabetes).
Liver disease can occur due to the following reasons:
1. Consumption of certain amount of drugs, such as acetaminophen, norco, vicodin and stains. Food products which contain this drug are very harmful and can cause severe liver disease.
2. Consuming too much alcohol. It is a poison for our body and also contains high levels of sugar which can affect the liver functions greatly.
3. Sometimes hepatitis A, B,C,D and E also causes liver diseases.
4. There is a virus known as infectious mononucleosis which is also called Epstein Barr virus. This virus can also cause serious liver disease.
5. Fatty liver disease or non-alcohol liver disease.
6. Hemochromatosis is a disorder in which there is iron overload in your body. This causes liver disease.
Symptoms of liver diseases include feelings of nausea, vomiting, feeling of fatigue and weight loss, etc. You might also develop jaundice and your skin might turn into a light yellow shade.
Fatty liver disease is caused by consuming too much alcohol. If your liver contains excess fat, which makes up more than 5 to 10 percent of your body weight, you might have fatty liver disease. Fatty liver disease is divided into two categories, alcoholic liver disease (ALD), non-alcoholic liver disease (NAFLD).
1. Alcoholic liver disease (ALD) - It usually occurs due to heavy alcohol consumption. People who take alcohol every day are very susceptible to getting alcohol liver disease. Sometimes it can also be transferred from a parent to a child. Hepatitis c can also make your liver inflamed, which might also cause ALD. Being obese and not burning down calories may resultantly lead to excess fat accumulation in your body and result in ALD.
2. Non alcoholic liver disease (NAFLD) - Overweight and middle aged people also tend to get non alcoholic liver disease. NAFLD can also occur if you are malnourished and avoid consuming more food. Viral hepatitis and liver disease which you might have inherited from your parents can also be a cause of Non alcoholic liver disease.
Liver problems can cause a lot of diseases such as:
1. Alcoholic liver disease
2. Non-alcoholic liver disease
3. Haemochromatosis is generally inherited and it is due to too much iron formation in the body
4. Hepatitis which causes swelling or inflammation of the liver
5. Primary biliary cirrhosis is very rare. It damages the bile duct
Liver disease affects your body and can even cause liver failure. Hence, you should book an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. Lybrate offers you the best chance to seek professional advices about liver diseases and its treatment. Lybrate has the best medical practitioners and liver specialists in Mohali, Nagpur, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Noida. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about liver diseases and their remedies.
Call doctors and view Alcoholic Liver Disease treatment cost in Anand Nagar, Anchatgere, Bammapur oni, Belavanki, Bhabani Nagar, Bhavani Nagar and in any other locality in Hubli-Dharwad. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Alcoholic Liver Disease.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Median Road , Hubli-Dharwad for Alcoholic Liver Disease. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.