The doctor was nice and polite ...he helped me with my problem a lot..Expalined me the issue happening in my throat.It was a pl... Read more reviews
A nose infection may be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. Nose infection manifests in different nasal conditions, depending on the nature of the infection. Nose infection symptoms in that regards also varies widely depending on the underlying condition. The various symptoms include:
• Facial pain – around the cheeks, forehead and eyes
• Nasal blockage and discharge
• Loss of smell
• Upper teeth pain
• Bad breath (halitosis)
• Thick, yellowish-green nasal discharge
• Mucus drainage in the back of neck, i.e. postnasal drip
HOW IS NOSE INFECTION DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of Nose Infection depends on the symptoms and physical examination. A nasal X-ray or a CT-scan helps diagnose the cause of nose infection. Ear-nose-throat specialist may look for related symptoms like swelling of nose or inflammation.
HOW IS NOSE INFECTION TREATED?
The treatment of Nose Infection mainly involves medication.
DID YOU KNOW?
The following may increase the risk that an adult or child will develop sinusitis:
• Allergic rhinitis or hay fever
• Cystic fibrosis
• Going to daycare
• Diseases that prevent the cilia from working properly
• Changes in altitude (flying or scuba diving)
• Large adenoids
• Weakened immune system from HIV or chemotherapy