Dandruff is basically a side effect or result of excessive dry scalp and is often referred to as seborrheic dermatitis. In many cases it can be the result of underlying conditions like psoriasis or even eczema of the scalp. The symptoms of the same include extreme itchiness in the scalp area followed with very flaky white formation on the same.
HOW IS DANDRUFF DIAGNOSED?
Dermatologists can diagnose dandruff based on the symptoms and appearance of the scalp. The doctor may also evaluate your medical history and personal hygiene habits to determine the cause of dandruff.
HOW IS DANDRUFF TREATED?
Tar based shampoos and Zinc Pyrithione shampoos may be prescribed for most patients as these substances soothe and deep clean the scalp even as the fungus growth and spread is reduced. Kotaconazole shampoos can also help in preventing the skin cells from dying too soon.
DID YOU KNOW?
Dandruff is one of the most common causes of hair fall in both men and women.
Dandruff is a dermatological condition of flaking scalp, irritated and tingling skin. It can be caused due to psoriasis, eczema, a general lack of hygiene and cleanliness, dryness of the skin, seborrheic dermatitis, and allergic reaction against hair care products or fungal infections.
How to remove dandruff is an oft-repeated question. While OTC products like ketoconazole, zinc pyrithione, selenium sulphide and salicylic acid may also be used, these products tend to cause temporary damage by making the hair dull and dry. Due to the absence of a permanent dandruff remedies, people search for dandruff treatment at home. There are many natural remedies for dandruff in products of everyday use, which are easily available in every household.
Given below is a list of useful home-remedies for dandruff:
• Massage your head with 10-12 teaspoons of olive oil and leave it overnight. Wash it off with a mild shampoo the next day. You may also consider mixing a few drops of olive oil with your regular shampoo.
• Lemon is very useful for dandruff treatment at home. Rub two teaspoons of lemon juice on your scalp and wash off with a mixture of a cup of water and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Doing this regularly will prevent dandruff build-up.
• Apple-cider vinegar is one of the best home-remedies for dandruff. Mix one-quarter apple-cider vinegar with one-quarter cup of water. Rub the mixture onto your scalp and lock the moisture in by wrapping a towel around our head for 15 minutes-1 hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo. The mild acid content alters the pH balance of the scalp thus cleaning the dandruff.
• Rub a handful of baking soda onto your scalp. Rinse thoroughly with water.
• Add a few-drops of tea-tree oil to your regular shampoo. It is a natural remedy for dandruff which also help keeps your hair moisturized and beautiful.
• Aspirin contains salicylic acid which is helpful to get rid of dandruff. Crush two aspirins and mix them with your everyday shampoo. Massage your scalp with this mixture for two-minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat with a regular shampoo.
• Rinse your hair with mouthwash. Follow up with a conditioner. The anti-fungal content of the mouthwash removes dandruff.
• Soak neem-leaves in warm water overnight. The strained water should be used to rinse your head the next morning to remove dandruff. Conversely, you could make a pack of the neem leaves and apply it to your scalp for an hour.
• Rub aloe-vera gel onto your scalp to soothe the itch.
• Massage your scalp with a paste of fenugreek powder and water. It will get rid of dandruff besides nourishing your hair.
Here at Lybrate, we enable you to get in touch with the best dermatologists. Contact the top doctors online or book an appointment with them immediately. You can find the best dermatologists in Panchkula, Patna, Rajkot, Surat, Thane etc. You can receive the opinion of medical practitioners on the best cures for dandruff. Subscribe to Lybrate.com for helpful tips on home-remedies for dandruff and how to remove dandruff.
You can consult doctors online for Dandruff from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Andul Road, Bally, Bataitala, Belur, Golabari Ghat Rd, GT Road and in any other locality in Howrah.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Bally, Howrah for Dandruff. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.