Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Model Town, Hisar. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
Doctors for Growth Hormone Deficiency in Model Town, Hisar
ratings and reviews)
GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY
Growth Hormone Deficiency is a common problem that occurs due to imbalances in the pituitary glands. It is a medical condition where the body is unable to produce enough growth hormones. Symptoms include chubbier faces, tummies, etc for babies along with lack of concentration, poor memory and phase of anxiety and emotional distress too.
HOW IS GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of the same is done by a general physician through blood tests. The hormone levels are tested through it.
HOW IS GROWTH HORMONE DEFICIENCY TREATED?
Growth hormone is given by injection, typically into the body’s fatty tissues, such as the back of the arms, thighs, or buttocks. It’s most effective as a daily treatment. Treatment with growth hormone is long-term, often lasting for several years. During this time, the child needs to be seen regularly by the pediatrician to ensure the treatment is working. If needed, the provider will change the dosage of the medicine.
DID YOU KNOW?
If a person is not born with growth hormone deficiency then it can be caused in later life due to a tumour in the brain.
What is HGH?
Human growth hormone or HGH is also often referred to simply as GH or growth hormone. This hormone is called somatropin or somatotropin. It is one of the peptide hormones that stimulates the reproduction and regeneration of cells in animals and humans. HGH also stimulates growth.
Functions of HGH
HGH is produced by the pituitary gland. Some important function of HGH are:
• HGH stimulates growth, particularly in adolescents and children.
• HGH is particularly helpful in regulating the composition of the body.
• HGH regulates body fluids.
• HGH regulates the growth of muscles.
Synthetic HGH was developed way back in 1985 and since then growth hormone treatment involving HGH injections have been approved by the FDA in the United States as hormone therapy in specific conditions in adults as well as children. HGH injections are used to treat short body frames, the reasons behind which remain unknown. Poor growth is also treated with HGH injections. HGH injections are also used to treat:
• Turner’s syndrome which is a genetic disorder affecting girls is treated with HGH injections.
• The Prader- Willi syndrome is a rare disorder caused by genes and is treated with HGH injections.
• HGH injections are used to treat chronic kidney insufficiency.
• Obviously, growth hormone treatment is used to treat cases where there is a deficiency of HGH or insufficiency of HGH.
• Children whose gestational ages are not proportional to their size at birth are also treated with HGH injections.
Growth Hormone Supplements
Some of the uses of HGH injections are however, not approved by the FDA. These uses of HGH injections and growth hormone supplements include:
• HGH injections are also put into use along with anabolic steroids and other drugs that enhance athletic performance to build muscles and to maximize the capabilities of their bodies. However, the effects and side effects of such practices are not clarified by medical studies.
• The levels of HGH in the body of a person decreases with age leading some to speculate that HGH injections and other growth hormone supplements reverse the signs of aging, a claim yet to be verified by medical science.
Side Effects of Somatropin
Treatment through somatotropin or growth hormone treatment has certain side effects like:
• Pain in the nerves, joints or muscles may occur as a result of hormone therapy.
• Edema is also a side effect of hormone therapy concerning HGH.
With Lybrate you get detailed information about endocrinologists in India across, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad etc.
You can consult doctors online for Growth Hormone Deficiency from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Model Town, Sector 13, Vidya Nagar Road and in any other locality in Hisar.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Model Town, Hisar for Growth Hormone Deficiency. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.