Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for ompratibha chikitsalayaYour feedback matters!
Acne, also known as pimples, is a skin disorder caused due to inflammation in the skin's hair follicles and sebaceous glands. Acne may also cause permanent scars on your skin. It usually occurs in teenagers going through puberty due to the production of high levels of hormone that clog pores. Many women also get premenstrual acne which, as the name suggests, are caused after ovulation due to excessive release of progesterone. Most pimples are found on the face, shoulders, back, chest and neck. Apart from hormones, pimples are also caused due to genes, amassing of dead skin cells, bacteria, birth control pills, certain medications, greasy medication and so on. Although acnes do not pose a serious risk to your health, it may cause scars and look displeasing. There are many different types of acne such as acne vulgaris, baby acne, acne rosacea, acne cosmetic, chloracne, acne medicamentosa, etc.
Since the causes of acne in people vary from person to person, homeopathy treatment for acne is one of the best options as the remedy for acne is individualized to the person.
Homeopathy has a great success rate when it comes to removing pimples and eliminating the chances of reoccurrence. Homeopaths prescribe the treatments depending on the symptoms. Mentioned below are a few homeopathic treatments for acne.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is the most common homeopathic treatment for acne, especially if the skin condition is chronic. Apart from clearing your acne and giving you a glowing skin, sulphur also helps to remove your tendency to develop acne. It clears acne within a few months. Sulphur is usually the first choice because it treats almost all types of acne.
- Hepar Sulph: Pustular acne is the type of acne which is painful to touch and contains pus. They bleed easily and are very sensitive; usually forming a cluster on the forehead with discharges.
- Calcarea Sulph: Calcarea Sulph is used to treat severe cystic acne. This acne persists for weeks and heals at a very slow pace, following which, a creamy and yellowish pus is drained. These types of pimples are mainly found on the face, near the hairline as well as ears. Calcarea sulph is a very effective treatment.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
Meningitis is a serious disease, and shouldn’t be left untreated. It has every possibility of getting fatal if left unattended. It can cause severe damage to the neurological system. The disease is caused due to the inflammation of the meninges or the membrane of the brain or spinal cord. It can also lead to stiffness of the cervical area. If a patient often complains of painfulness, when moving towards the chest from the chin, a medical intervention is needed. Muscle spasms make the neck so stiff that head and trunk cannot be lifted up at the time of passive flexion of the neck.
This disease is highly contagious and can be spread by droplet infection or by sneezing. It is of two type: viral and bacterial. The bacteria’s responsible for meningitis are Haemophilus influenza Neisseria meningitides, and Streptococcus pneumonia. Meningitis develops if these microbes enter a patient’s bloodstream and thereafter reaches the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF surrounds the brain and spinal cord. The CSF has no white blood cells and hence cannot fight the infection. So, the microorganisms multiply rapidly.
Symptoms: The most common symptoms of meningitis are as follows:
- Pain in muscles, joints or limbs
- Severe headache
- Cold hands and feet
- Pale or blotchy skin
- Blue lips
Diagnosis of Meningitis: It is difficult to detect the disease in its initial stages. It can be confused with severe influenza. A lumbar puncture is done and a sample of CSF is collected for diagnosis.
Why seek homoeopathic help for treating meningitis?
Homeopathy has the most effective method of treating meningitis. It is good for prolonged treatment. It doesn’t have side-effects on other organs. The treatment is also cost-effective. The format of the medicine is safe. They are devoid of any toxic substance and are absolutely harmless.
Common Homeopathic remedies for treating meningitis
- Aconite: It is given to patients who develop meningitis due to long exposure to sunlight. It is also given to patients who suffer from cerebral congestions from anger and fear is a marked symptom in them.
- Apis mellifica: If a patient suffers from nervous agitation, shrill cries and complains of stabbing pains, he or she may be prescribed this remedy. It is best to treat children, who put their hands to their heads and scream. A practitioner also looks for other symptoms like swelling in the face, less urine, and thirstlessness.
- Baptisia tinctoria: When obvious mastoid is found to develop and there is tenderness in the area, this remedy can be used.
- Belladonna: This is best for treating initial stages. Cerebral irritation is a marked symptom in this case. The child is found crying out and grinding its teeth.
- Bryonia: It is best for treating meningitis when there is a chewing motion with the mouth. Other symptoms that have to be looked for are distended abdomen, white tongue, excessive thirst, flushed face, etc.
Things to note: These are only a few remedies. There are plenty of other options in homoeopathy. It is best to see a homoeopathy practitioner for the correct treatment.
The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging. There are four noticeable changes that occur around our eyes as we get older. These are:
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Eye bags
- Scleral show
There are many causes for these conditions and they affect each person differently. While some people show signs of aging early, others continue to look youthful for longer.
Let's take a look at four common causes for our eyes to show signs of aging:
- Loss of fat and bone tissue: As we age, the fat in our facial muscles begins to clump up and shifts downwards. As this happens skin begins to sag. The loss of fat is also accompanied by a loss in bone tissue. This makes the skin under the eyes sag further as they lose their underlying support. A loss of fat and bone tissue also leads to hollow surfaces on the skin which results in dark circles.
- Loss of collagen: Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its strength and structure. It is also important in the production of new skin cells. Collagen production is affected by a number of factors such as exposure to UV radiation, smoking and high sugar intake. While these are controllable factors, one uncontrollable factor that affects the production of collagen is aging. As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, the production of collagen reduces. With the loss of collagen, skin becomes thinner and veins become more visible. This also results in a thinner epidermis that makes fine lines appear and causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Loss of elasticity: Along with collagen the other protein responsible for the firmness of skin is elastin. Elastin helps the skin return to its original state after being stretched or pinched. As we grow older, the production of elastin is also reduced. This loss of elasticity is visible around the eyes as skin begins to droop. The eyelid muscles are also one of the most used muscles in our body. We use them unconsciously every time we open and close our eyes, squint, wink etc. As the amount of elastin is reduced the eyelid skin no longer returns to its normal state every time it is used. Thus it triggers the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Weak muscles: Muscles also grow weaker as we get older. This causes the fat sacks to protrude through the skin leading to bags under the eyes and puffiness. A weak levator muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelids can also cause the eyelid to appear droopy.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Eczema is an autoimmune disorder wherein the skin overreacts to certain triggers in or outside the body resulting in inflammation and lesions. Eczema is also known as atopic dermatitis. The skin becomes dry, patchy and rough, and it tends to form itchy and red blisters. Eczema is usually caused due to inflammation; in most cases, allergy triggers eczema. It has been observed that quite often, patients who suffer from eczema have a family history of allergy. In some cases, patients having other allergies, may also develop eczema. Apart from this, low immunity triggers this disease.
- Red patches over skin
- Dry rough skin with blisters
- Intense itching on skin, with occasional bleeding
- Formation of a thick leather-like layer over the affected areas of the skin
- Discharge of an oozing watery and sticky liquid from the affected area, in case of wet eczema (In case of dry eczema, there is no watery discharge; the skin stays rough and dry.)
Treating eczema with homeopathy
Treating eczema might be possible by taking several medications. But treating doesn't mean curing. People who suffer from eczema know how irritating the disorder is. So they want a cure for eczema, which is possible with homeopathic medicines. Homeopathy is known for curing eczema, from the root. Basically, homeopathy helps to improve the immune system, as low immunity is responsible for causing allergies. When immunity is built, and low immunity quits from overreacting to several reactions, eczema is cured.
Here are five homeopathic medicines suitable for treating eczema:
- Graphites: Graphites is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for treating wet eczema, when there is thick, oozing watery and sticky discharge. In most cases, the patient with this type of eczema suffers from constipation and obesity. He or she might be sensitive towards cold. Their usual skin becomes hard and cold, but the affected area remains dry and rough. The remedy is prescribed mostly to women with menstrual disorders.
- Mezereum: This is the suitable for patients with eczema, which tends to form a leathery crust on the head. The patient might feel intense itching especially at night.
- Hepar sulphur: This is suitable for eczema with formation of pus. The patient is usually too sensitive to cold. Intense itching, sneezing and sensitivity towards cold are the symptoms, which indicate the need for this medicine.
- Dulcamara: This is one of the finest homeopathic medicines for eczema, which aggravates in damp or cold weather. Thick formation of yellowish crust and intense itching are the symptoms, which clearly indicate the need for this remedy.
- Sulphur: This one is suitable for eczema with burning sensation along with intense itching. Symptoms usually worsen in summer and the skin feels rough and dry.
Face-washing may be a simple everyday task that requires no great effort on your part. But when it’s not done right, it causes significant harm to your skin, each day. The mistakes that you may make while washing your face could lead to issues like irritation, dryness and even wrinkles. Read on to find out how you can avoid making these common errors, and save your skin from blemishes, ageing and lustreless look.
1. Using the wrong cleanser
The use of the wrong cleanser can throw your pH levels out of balance. The optimal pH balance of your skin is 5.5pH. This is the ideal level at which the thin protective layer on the surface of the skin (called acid mantle) can function to keep germs, toxins and bacteria at bay. You should therefore be picking your cleanser based on your skin type as it would come with the right pH balance.
2. Not cleaning your hands before touching the face
Always clean the germs and dirt of your hands first before moving onto your face. Ignoring this crucial first step can cause you to transfer all the bacteria and dirt of your hands on your face, giving rise to common skin problems such as acne, pimples and blackheads.
3. Using a pre-used washcloth
To avoid the filth from clogging your pores, always clean the washcloth that you use with an antiseptic to keep germs and bacteria at bay. Once you’re done washing your face, don’t rub the cloth all over your face but pat dry it.
4. Washing face using with hot water
When it comes to the water that you splash on your face, you should always use lukewarm or room temperature water. This is because hot water leaves your skin dry as it washes away the skin’s essential oils; and cold water can break the capillaries (fine blood vessels) of your skin. In contrast, mildly lukewarm water will keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
5. Not washing the face twice a day
Just as you shouldn’t ignore this important skin care habit that keeps your skin clean, you also shouldn’t go overboard with it. Excessive face-washing can hamper the natural oil production of your skin, giving rise to dryness and irritation as a result. Your skin requires the natural oil it produces to keep it smooth and supple. Ideally, you should wash your face twice daily - once in the morning for removing the bacteria and dirt that clogged your pores, and again at night before going to bed.
6. Rushing through the routine
Lastly, don’t rush through your cleansing routine. Make sure to properly rinse your face of cleanser completely, otherwise the residues would cause your skin to dry up later on, leading to skin irritation.
It is therefore very important to pay attention to all the little details that make up your face-washing routine. By doing it right, you get to achieve the clear and blemish-free skin that you always wanted.
Hi from last 3 years I am not able to live a normal life. When I am alone I think a lot of negative things. Sometimes in my friends I feel lonely. Its like I am not able to breathe properly. While driving a car or sitting in a car I feel the same. Sometimes when I walk or in standing I am having the fear of falling. I feel thirsty always. I need water anytime while walking or sitting or driving. I hav taken shelcal xl 25 for 1 n half years in 2014 to mid of 2015 bcaz of the heart palpitation. But it has gone away. But still I feel depressed and can not able to think properly. I have done my ecg test also but its normal. I need 1 person every time near me. What should I do. I know that its just stress n depression but I can not handle it properly. Kindly suggest asap.
I'm 31 year's male I'm suffering from thoughts and mood disorder since 7 years. My own shop till I will not attending customers always my mind is thinking thoughts coming and taking Tab buzpin 10 mg. Daxid 100 mg still not over come and my doctor telling practice. Please help doctor.
I have gone through rct in my two teeth now doctor is saying there is operation required to taken out germs and my exams are very close I will be free after two months then I have to again go through rct? And full treatment?
A recent study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health revealed that using mouthwash twice a day can significantly raise your risk of developing type-2 diabetes. The research also indicates that a person using it twice a day is 55 percent more likely to develop type -2 diabetes.
So how should you take care of your oral health without increasing your risk of diabetes?
- Ensure you visit your dentist at least every six months
- Quit smoking
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft brush
- Eat foods that promote oral health, such as Almonds, apples & leafy greens, etc.
I have fundal erosion in my stomach. I was prescribed sucralfate for four month and nexpro 40 twice daily. Then the dose was reduced to 1 tab daily. Now I feel bloated, dull pain in tummy with lucky feeling. Please suggest.
Im 21 years old. I had unprotected sex just after 2 days when my periods got over. I took an ipill as well. Now after 7 days of taking that pill. Im noticing spotting (blood spotting. What is the reason for it?
My sister 12 months old is suffering from cold and fever. She can't able to inhale. Some time temperature is high and some time it is low.
If you are concerned about your health, it is important for you to keep your kidneys protected from several harmful conditions. There are several types of kidney disorders, which may develop if your kidneys are not well cared for. This may include overload of toxins, acute renal failure, chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Kidney cancer is another fatal threat.
Steps to keep your kidneys healthy
There are several ways you can undertake for keeping your kidneys safe. They include the following:
- Take certain tests for obtaining the panel reading of your BUN or blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. The estimated glomerular filtration rate (EGFR) must be determined as well. The scores obtained from these tests will tell you about the condition of your kidneys at that point of time.
- Lower the amount of phosphorous intake. When the kidney does not function properly, phosphorus accumulation is likely, which causes serious conditions like heart disorders and calcification of the tissues. You should avoid phosphorous-rich food items and abstain from drinking carbonated drinks.
- You must consume several kidney-supportive food items, which may include watermelon, cranberries, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries, apples, garlic, onions and olive oil.
- Obesity is linked with kidney cancer and hence, you must maintain a healthy weight. Carry out regular exercises.
- Several pain relievers such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS may have harmful side effects on the kidney and may lead to kidney cancer. Try to avoid these medicines.
- You can take an Epsom salt bath. This is a common measure for detoxification, and the wastes and toxins get removed, improving the kidney’s health rapidly. Have regular checkups of blood and urine along with ultra-sound to know kidneys are working good.
- You should keep your blood-sugar level and blood pressure under control as they are triggers for kidney failure. You should quit smoking and stop using tobacco in any form as the toxins from nicotine harm the kidneys.
With proper care and management of your kidneys, you will be able to prevent several harmful conditions.One should get Kidney function test and Ultrasound done to check that the kidney is functioning normally. If you experience any symptom associated with kidney disorders, consult a doctor immediately.
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained.
Ayurveda is an excellent and holistic approach to healthcare and originated in India. It is a combination of two Sanskrit words where ‘ayus’ means life and ‘Veda’ means knowledge. Ayurve da treatment is beneficial for women who are physically incapable of producing children. The condition also referred to as sterility or infertility can be treated with Ayurveda medicines. It is just not the females who suffer from this condition but even the males also suffer from the problem of sterility.
Types of Sterility
Mainly two types of infertility or sterility are seen in people.
- The first type in which a couple has never conceived a child is referred to as primary sterility.
- Whereas, in the second type, the couple may have conceived a child but had a miscarriage and is referred to as secondary sterility.
In the first type, the problem of sterility can be either of the male or the female. But for secondary sterility, the problem is because of the problems of the reproductive system of a woman.
Important Dietary Guidelines to Follow
- The most important thing to remember is to eat the right kind of food. It is a must for both men and women.
- It is very important that men and women suffering from infertility drink a glass of milk before sexual activity as milk and milk products are considered good for treating sterility.
- Males who suffer from the problem of infertility or sterility must not consume pungent, bitter, sour and saline foods.
- In the same manner, women suffering from sterility should avoid pungent and alkaline foods. Females should also increase the intake of fruits and sweet foods in their diet.
- Consumption of eggs is considered good to promote conception.
- For sterile couples eating rice is a better option than having chapattis and the suitable fat for sterile couples is Ghee.
- Problems regarding the reproductive system can be treated by intake of Honey and this is acceptable for both men and women.
- Ayurveda Treatment for Men and Women
- The most prescribed herb for sterile women is Bala, and it is used externally as a douche. The other herb which is used for the treatment of sterility is the Phala ghrita and 2 teaspoons of this commonly prescribed medication can be taken twice daily on empty stomach. Shilajit is a useful Ayurveda medication used for both men and women, which is known for its aphrodisiacal properties. Men can make use of the root of Ashwagandha herb for the treatment of sterility. The root of the Ashwagandha is dried and made into powder; this powder is then mixed with milk and consumed. Another important medicine for men is the Makardhwaja and that must be taken on an empty stomach and twice daily.
For any further details, it is advised that you consult a medical practitioner.
All you teenagers, young guns and cell phone addicts out there! Next time you are exchanging any text message with your friends or colleagues, beware! You may end up suffering from sore wrists & thumbs and repetitive strain injury. Every year, more than 3 million people across the globe complain of injuries resulting from text messaging. People tend to hold the device in their fingers and press the tiny keys with their thumbs which results in numb fingers, painful thumb and aching wrists. It is a signal to stop.
Blackberry Thumb and iPhone finger are few of the hand ailments caused by this method of typing or pressing your phone keys. At first, you will feel a slight discomfort in your thumb and ignoring it would soon lead to its painful swelling. Following are some tips that would help you get some relief from this condition before you consult a pain specialist:
Outward thumb bending: Bend your thumb towards the outward direction applying resistance until you feel the stretch or pull.
Thumb Rotation: Rotate your thumb in both clockwise and anti-clockwise movement to loosen the stiffened joints and relieve pain.
Hot Fermentation: Treat your aching thumb with hot water fomentation to increase blood circulation and help the joint muscles to relax. Add 1 teaspoon Epsom salt in a small vessel of hot water. Soak a towel in the saline water. Squeeze out excess water and place the towel on the affected area. Repeat this 5 times.
Wrap your thumb safely: To avoid any pressure on your paining thumb, keep it safe and padded at night by wrapping it in a soft bed of cotton.
Rest: Stop doing what makes your thumb hurt. Put a halt to your daily routine of texting. It won’t do any harm. This important pause will, in fact, allow the thumb to start healing otherwise surgery may be required which also doesn’t guarantee a cure.