Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in GZB and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit MehndirattaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir my baby birth weight was 2.56 kg after 1 month her weight was 4.6 kg after 2 month her weight was 5.7 but now she completed 3 months 20 day. We checked weight at the same duration her weight was 6.12 kg.now she takes 100 ml per feeding. Sometimes she refuses the milk. My worry is her weight was not increase gradually compare the previous month. Is it OK sir? Then how much ml she will taken this month?(only formula feed is taken)
My daughter is 20 month old. She is very thin. Her wt is 10 kg only. Is it OK? She is very fussy eater. Having tendency to vomit. What to do ?
My baby is 7 months old. He is passing stools with slight blood from today morning. He went 4 times from morning 6 a.m but his activities are very normal. No fever. He is active. I ve started solid foods for him past 45 days. Is he allergic to some food? I gave idli apple juice rice kanji.
Hello Doctors, We have been blessed boy baby on 10-04-2016 with 1.96 kg as a Late Pre Term (34 Weeks 6 Days) and now he is having the weight of around 2.5 Kg and we are giving his feeding as DBF 30ml of PRE-NAN every 2 hours by SPOON Feeding. My question here is like, in SPOON feeding some quantity will get waste and also we have doubt like that 30ml is sufficient or not so we are planning to give him with BOTTLE FEEDING, so here I need your suggestion like can we go with BOTTLE FEEDING or not and also can we increase the quantity of milk? Because in universe many controversy with bottle feeding so we need your valuable opinion on this. And also I request your valuable suggestion to continue with FEEDING and other things with the baby. Awaiting your greatest responses. Thanks.
Hi Doctor, my daughter is 2 and half years old, she never eat properly, she loves to eat only chocolates, I give her junior horlicks to drink every day. I am really worried about her growth. She is also on breast feed still. I really do not know what to do please help me for her good diet.
Dear Sir/Madam. I am from Arunachal Pradesh, Kanubari Block. I have a baby girl 11 months and in january she will attain in 1 year. My question is that why she is not sleep as other child as we know that sleeping is very much essential to every child to grow fast. And also she is feeling unfree while doing toilet (piss). Kindly give me some suggestion as there is only one Community Health Centre and no any other hospital in the place.
My daughter aanviya is 8 month old now what type of food shall I give to her. Pls say including every food.
My daughter had turned 2 months old today. Her vaccination hexavalent pneumococcal conjugate is due by end of 2nd month. Can I delay this vaccination by another 1 week. As there is no provision for vaccination in this town.
My baby boy is three months old and he is not getting mother feed directly and how he will get start to sick the feed directly.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
2 year old nephew totally avoiding milk feels like vomit, tried flavour but nothing works .what to do or alternates of calcium.
Hi, my two years baby girl some tym holds her breath at the tym when she fell down or crying literally. What we need to do in this situation? Pl suggest. She doesn't response. Her face become pale and she become faint totally.
You might expect your baby's skin to be flawless, but baby rashes and other skin conditions ? such as cradle cap ? are common.
Cradle cap appears as thick, yellow, crusty or greasy patches on a baby's scalp. Cradle cap is most common in newborns and usually clears up on its own by age 6 months.
In the meantime, wash your baby's hair with mild baby shampoo and loosen the scales with a small, soft-bristled brush. For stubborn scales, rub petrolatum or a few drops of mineral oil onto your baby's scalp, wait a few minutes, and then brush and shampoo your baby's hair. If cradle cap persists, ask your baby's doctor about other treatment options