Doctors in Niramaya Nursing Home Infertility Centre
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Submit a review for Niramaya Nursing Home Infertility CentreYour feedback matters!
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycysticovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.
आज कपूर हमारे दैनिक जीवन का हिस्सा बन चूका है. इसके औषधीय और गैर औषधीय दोनों तरह के इस्तेमाल हैं. चाइनीज और भारतीय प्राचीन काल से ही कपूर का उपयोग बीमारियों के इलाज और धार्मिक उद्देश्यों के लिए करते आ रहे हैं. उस समय उनका मानना था कि कपूर में गहरी चिकित्सा शक्तियां हैं लेकिन आज यह सिर्फ एक लोकप्रिय लोककथा न होकर हकीकत बन चुका है. आयुर्वेद में, कपूर को जलाना मानव मन और शरीर के लिए उपचार माना जाता है. कपूर सिनामोमस कैफ़ोरा नामक एक पेड़ से मिलता है. इस पेड़ के चीन, जापान में सबसे पहले उगाए जाने के संकेत मिलते हैं. भारत में यह देहरादून, सहारनपुर, नीलगिरि और मैसूर आदि में उगाया जाता है. आइए इसके फायदे और नुकसान को जानते हैं.
1. जोड़ों के दर्द में-
जोड़ों और मांसपेशियों के आसपास दर्द का सामना करने वाले लोग कपूर के इलाज से इसे ठीक कर सकते हैं. कपूर तेल एक वार्मिंग सेंसेशन पैदा करता है, जिसके परिणामस्वरूप नसों के विचलन होता है, जो आपको दर्द से राहत देता है. ऐंठन के लिए, आपको गर्म तिल के तेल में कपूर को मिक्स करके इस्तेमाल करने से राहत मिलती है.
2. खुजली में-
कपूर को खुजली वाली त्वचा में राहत प्रदान करने के लिए जाना जाता है. इसकी ख़ास बात ये है कि यह रोम छिद्रों द्वारा अवशोषित हो जाता है जिससे आपकी त्वचा को ठंडक मिलता है. इसके लिए एक कप नारियल तेल में पिसे हुए एक चम्मच कपूर को मिक्स करके इस मिश्रण को खुजली वाले क्षेत्र में 1-2 बार लगायें.
3. त्वचा को ठीक करने में-
कपूर आपकी त्वचा को टाइट करने के अलावा बैक्टीरिया निर्माण से मुक्ति पाने में भी मदद करता है. ये एक एंटी इंफेक्टिव एजेंट के रूप में कार्य करता है. एक अध्ययन के अनुसार कपूर तैलीय त्वचा वाले लोगों के लिए विशेष रूप से फायदेमंद है जिससे यह मुँहासे उपचार के लिए बहुत उपयोगी है.
4. मच्छरों भगाने के लिए-
यह एक प्राकृतिक मच्छर रिपिलन्ट. यह पारंपरिक रूप से पतंगों से छुटकारा पाने के लिए इस्तेमाल किया गया है. अपने कमरे के कोने में एक कपूर टैबलेट जलाएं. इससे मच्छर दूर होते हैं.
5. जलने के उपचार में-
अगर आपकी त्वचा कही से हल्की सी जल जाएँ तो उसके लिए कपूर का उपयोग करें. यह जली हुई त्वचा को ठीक करने में मदद कर सकता है. न केवल यह आपको दर्द या जलन बल्कि घावों से मुक्त करता है. इसका नियमित आवेदन भी निशान को हल्का कर सकता है. इसका कारण यह है कि कपूर तेल तंत्रिका को उत्तेजित करता है, जिसके बदले में त्वचा को ठंडक मिलती है.
6. खाँसी के उपचार में-
कफ को दूर करने के लिए कपूर सबसे लोकप्रिय लाभों में से एक रूकी हुई छाती और नाक को साफ करने की क्षमता है. कपूर तेल में एक मजबूत गंध है जो एक भीड़भाड़ वाले श्वसन पथ को खोलती है. स्वीट आयल और कपूर का एक समान भाफ मिलाकर छाती पर धीरे से रगड़ें.
7. बालों के लिए-
नारियल के तेल के साथ कपूर की मालिश करने से स्वस्थ बाल विकास को प्रोत्साहित किया जा सकता है. हालांकि, नारियल के तेल ने बालों के नुकसान को रोकने, रूसी को कम करने और कंडीशनर के रूप में काम किया है.
8. कपूर के अन्य फायदे-
तुलसी के पत्तों के रस में कपूर को मिला कर दो दो बूँद को कान में डाल लें. इससे आपके कान का दर्द दूर होगा. कपूर, जायफल और हल्दी को बराबर मात्रा में मिला कर उसमें थोड़ा पानी डालें. इस मिश्रण को पेट पर लगायें और आपका दर्द कम हो जाएगा.
कपूर के नुकसान-
* इसे सीधे-सीधे त्वचा में लगाने से जलन हो सकती है इसलिए किसी भी वाहक तेल के साथ कपूर तेल को मिक्स करके इस्तेमाल करें.
* 2 वर्ष से कम उम्र के बच्चों के लिए कपूर का उपयोग नहीं करना चाहिए.
* गर्भवती या स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाओं को कपूर से बचना चाहिए.
* कपूर को मौखिक रूप से न लें क्योंकि यह अत्यधिक जहरीला होता है.
The Unani System of Medicine has a long and impressive record in India. It was introduced in India by the Arabs and Persians sometime around the eleventh century. Today, India is one of the leading countries in so far as the practice of Unani medicine is concerned. It has the largest number of Unani educational, research and health care institutions.
As the name indicates, the Unani system originated in Greece. The foundation of the Unani system was laid by Hippocrates. The system owes its present form to the Arabs who not only saved much of the Greek literature by rendering it into Arabic but also enriched the medicine of their day with their own contributions. In this process, they made extensive use of the science of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology, Therapeutics and Surgery.
Unani Medicines got enriched by imbibing what was best in the contemporary systems of traditional medicines in Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Persia, India, China, and other Middle East countries. In India, Unani System of Medicine was introduced by Arabs and soon it took firm roots. The Delhi Sultans (rulers) provided patronage to the scholars of Unani System and even enrolled some as state employees and court physicians.
After independence, the Unani System along with other Indian systems of medicine received a fresh boost under the patronage of the National Government and its people. The government of India took several steps for the all round development of this system. It passed laws to regulate and promote its education and training. It established research institutions, testing laboratories and standardized regulations for the production of drugs and for its practice. Today the Unani system of medicine with its recognized practitioners, hospitals and educational and research institutions, forms an integral part of the national health care delivery system.
Drink at least eight glasses (64 ounces total) of water daily. Water flushes waste out of our system and keeps the skin hydrated, acting as an internal moisturizer.
Sexual harassment can involve any unwanted physical contact. It can also include exposing body parts, requesting sexual favors, showing graphic images, and making inappropriate comments and jokes. Managers need to create a harassment free workplace for employees by providing clear guidelines, adequate training, and unflinching enforcement. School administrators must provide the same for students and staff.
Write an anti-harassment policy. As an employer, you are liable for any sex discrimination that happens in the workplace. Under Title VII, this includes sexual harassment as well as sexist and transphobic behavior. The best way to protect your employees from sexual harassment, and yourself from liability, is to prevent it.
- Get together with human resources, union leaders, and write a firm policy banning sexual harassment. Make it clear that management holds itself responsible for preventing sexual harassment within the company.
- Define sexual harassment broadly. Prohibit illegal sexual discrimination; unwelcome advances; requests for sexual favors; and any verbal, visual, or physical conduct of a sexual nature in the workplace.
- Ban the requirement of submission to any sexual conduct as a term or condition of employment, or used as a basis for any employment decisions.
- Ban all behavior that has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual's work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive work environment.
- Include examples of sexual harassment, but state that the list of examples is not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Review Title VII and state law to make sure that you are including all applicable behaviors.
Lay out clear protocol for responding to harassment. Within your anti-harassment policy, make the steps for reporting sexual harassment clear. Your policy must encourage victims of sexual harassment to report the behavior. Authorize and identify several appropriate to receive harassment complaints.
- Your employees should have several options of individuals to report sexual harassment to, as this will help prevent them from, for example, having to report to their harasser or a close friend of their harasser.
Train your employees to prevent and report sexual harassment. Give everyone a copy of the policy. The sexual harassment prevention policy should be in the employee handbook, should be emailed to every employee, and should be reviewed during annual anti-discrimination trainings.
- Give frequent trainings. Train supervisors and all levels of management to spot, prevent, and punish sexual harassment and sex discrimination. Train employees in the correct steps to report sexual harassment.
- Follow state requirements, which are variable.
Include examples your employees might not recognize. Employees need to understand that any form of sexual attention or behavior, as well as any form of sexist or transphobic behavior, is considered sex discrimination and could get them fired. Let them know, for instance, that men are liable if they harass men, not just women, that women are liable if they harass men or women, and that even compliments can feel like harassment if they are given the wrong way.
- Explain that any workplace pressure that employees comply with gender norms is sex harassment under Title VII
- Therefore, it is forbidden to tell a woman she does not act feminine enough, a man that he does not act masculine enough, or a transgender individual that his or her appearance or chosen pronoun is unacceptable.
- Explain that as an employer, you are even sometimes liable if a vendor or client sexually harasses your employees.
- Tell them that when in doubt, they should talk to HR or to you.
Monitor your workplace. Check for signs of harassment at all levels of your company. Eliminate any discriminatory jokes, signs, or cartoons that you see. Confront employees who are engaging in inappropriate behavior. If you think a co-worker is being harassed, encourage the victim to talk about it and to take immediate action to stop it.
- If you witness an incident of sexual harassment or find yourself within an offensive environment, take steps to resolve the harassment or co-file with the victim.
Enforce the policy without exceptions. When a complaint arises, or when you witness harassment, immediately investigate and deal with the situation. Discipline company members who harass other employees. Protect and support employees experiencing harassment.
- You should have a no-tolerance policy on repeat offenders, or for cases of egregious harassment or assault.
- Make it clear that no level of management is exempt from complying with the policy.