Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Guwahati. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nilakshi Phukan KumarYour feedback matters!
My age is 35 years male, 6 ft tall, 72 kgs. Recently married. She is 31 yrs, obesive, 102 kgs. we are very much indulged in sexual pleasure. 6 months has gone. Not yet conceived. She had undergone master check up including, thyroids test, pelvic bone x-ray, vaginal test etc. Every thing normal result shows. All are with acceptable limit specified by Dr. Could tell us doctor how to solve the problem to conceive?
My wife 24 year old suffering diabetes since 2005. Taking insulin 30/70 & Hum-insulin on three time in a day 20-20-30. One month before her HbA1C reading was 9.5 Now we want to conceive kindly suggest. Thanks
I have a problem with itching near my private place. It is long periods problem please give solution.
I am 26 old female married with two kids ,4 years back I had tubal ligation and now this year's from last three months I missed periods, light burning sensation in stomach above belly .feeling hunger. And one more thing every year in may or June in summer I used to get blood stools. But now from last three days in again having blood stools having pain in anal While going to stool after that no pain .can you explain the reasons for wat this going on.
I often feel pain in left nipple/breast (gaps of months and pain stays for 3-5 days) . I don't understand what all can be the reason behind .
In some women, the periods cease suddenly. After a year of no menstruation, a woman is said to have gone through menopause. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45 and 52, although in some it may start as early as the late thirties and early forties. The symptoms of menopause are many, and most women go through a body and mind altering period during menopause.
Homoeopathic remedies offer a completely safe treatment for the various symptoms of menopause. Homoeopathic remedies for menopause are made of natural substances and have no side effects at all.
Symptoms of menopause
All women have to go through menopause, but it affects each woman uniquely. The symptoms of menopause may range from hardly any to severe ones. The common menopausal symptoms may be divided into three categories:
Physical symptoms: hot flushes, osteoporosis (weak bones), weight gain (obesity) and hair loss.
Mental symptoms: depression, mood swings, anxiety, irritability, sleeplessness.
Local symptoms: vaginal dryness, loss of libido (sexual desire), excessive vaginal bleeding (flooding).
Homoeopathic treatment for menopause
As the controversy regarding the use of hormones for treating menopause deepens, the need for a completely harmless treatment becomes stronger than ever. Talking about safety, the homeopathy provides natural ways to treat menopause and is completely safe with zero side effects. The natural homeopathic medicines are of great help in dealing with various symptoms experienced by women during menopause.
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity:
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton of healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines or cordials.
Hello doctor, my wife is getting white discharge during mensuration. She is telling that it is thick white in colour. Can you explain the causes and diagnosis.
Ovulaion date k next day sex krne se pregnency aane ki Chance rehta hain? Patla semen se pregnency aaskti Hain?
I have PCOD, diagnosed in July 2015, married in Dec 2013, TTC since Feb 2015, took myoinisitol, duphaston n all9, regular periods since Aug 2015, average 29 days. This month it's already 8 days past taking last dosage of duphaston, but no periods, PT -ve. What can b odr reason for d delay?
Zinc is chemically a metal and a trace mineral with multiple health benefits. It is required by the body for a number of functions in small quantities on a regular basis. Some of its important roles include improving immunity, hormone production and promoting digestion, controlling inflammation, tissue growth and repair, etc. to name a few. It also helps in controlling free radical production and therefore has anti-inflammatory effects in reversing heart disease and fighting cancer.
About 5 to 8 mg of zinc is needed by a person per day, with smaller children needing it in the lesser range and women needing more of it. Natural sources of zinc include animal rich protein foods like animal meat and seafood. Dairy products, legumes, pulses and whole grains also contain good amounts of zinc. Modern day foods contain added zinc and therefore are good sources too, though they availability and utility value for the body remain a question.
- Zinc improves immunity i.e. the body produces what are called as T cells when there is any infection or foreign body in the body. These T cells also help in controlling and regulating immune responses and in people with zinc deficiency, the immune system is suppressed putting them at risk for infections and illnesses.
- Zinc has a great role to play in maintaining skin integrity and delayed wound healing is one of the first symptoms of zinc deficiency. These people also could develop chronic ulcers or wounds. There is increased bacterial growth (reduced immunity), increased inflammation, and reduced re-epithelialization, all leading to poor skin health and delaying wound healing.
- Zinc is essential for healthy gut function and it is one of the best remedies for diarrhoea. Deficiency can lead to leaky gut syndrome.
- Zinc reduces free radical damage, which is responsible for chronic inflammation. Eating adequate amounts of zinc can reduce this inflammation, leading to preventing heart disease, reducing the incidence of cancer, etc. It also is shown to prevent cellular damage in the retina, thereby reducing incidence of macular degeneration.
- Zinc is essential for proper growth and development. Zinc deficiency is shown to produce shorter stature, anaemia, and delayed sexual maturation. During the growing years especially, it is very important to provide an adequate amount of zinc for the body, either naturally or through supplements.
- Fertility and zinc also has a strong correlation. In males, it affects both the quantity and quality of sperm production. The sperm count was shown to improve with zinc supplementation in males who complained of low sperm count.
- Controlling memory is another function of zinc. It determines how neurones talk to each other, which is essential for transmission of signals across the brain and formation of memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 5 month pregnant. I think we should not do intercourse. Is it correct?? This is her 2nd pregnancy.
Period due date was on 3rd of may, started spotting on 3rd evening and it continued on 4th along with lower left side stomach pain and left side lower back pain on 5th it was lil heavy bleeding along with lots of stomach cramps and backache on 6th half day it was bleeding and second half spotting and on 7 th again spotting on 8th just stomach cramps and backache. Did home pregnancy test on 8th it showed negative. My period only last for 3 days even today thats 9th I still have cramps.
Nephropathy is also known as renal disease. It is any type of damage or disease relating to the kidneys. Though not everyone with diabetes has nephropathy, however, diabetic nephropathy can cause kidney failure.
How does diabetes affect the kidney?
Kidneys are responsible for taking waste out from your blood. They have a lot of tiny blood vessels to do this. High blood sugar may kill such blood vessels. Once these blood vessels are destroyed, the kidneys may not function as well or it may even lead to kidney failure.
What increases your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy?
There are several factors which increase your risk of getting diabetic nephropathy including: \
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Being Native American, African American or of Hispanic origin, for whom risk factors have proved to be magnified
- If you have family history of diabetic nephropathy
Symptoms and diagnosis:
There are very few noticeable symptoms, which appear when you have diabetic nephropathy, except swelling in your arms and legs. The diagnosis is done by checking for a type of protein in your urine known as albumin, which is not supposed to be there. Getting the diagnosis done early is crucial.
You can prevent kidney damage by doing the following:
- Keeping your blood sugar levels under control - keep HbA1C < 6-7%
- Keeping your blood pressure under control in the range of 130/80
- Eating healthy food
- Exercising regularly
- Not eating too much protein
- Not eating too much salt
- Reducing smoke or excessive tobacco usage
Medicines for treatment:
If you do get diabetic nephropathy, here are some medicines, which can help cure it
- ACE inhibitors which are also called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- Blood pressure may rise
- Triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels may rise.
Oestrogen reduces a women's ability to burn energy after eating resulting in more fat being stored around the body