Doctors in EKTA HOSPITAL
Management of Abortion
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Submit a review for EKTA HOSPITALYour feedback matters!
Ebooks maybe are a lot easier to carry, and with the emerging trend of Kindles, it may appear to be more convenient than paperbacks, but the smell of new books, the texture of its pristine pages, is unparalleled to the inanimateness of ebooks. But that is not just why you must choose paperbacks over ebooks. Read on to find out why paperbacks work well over ebooks for better eye health.
- Does not involve light-emission- The backlit electronic devices, strain your eyes, causing redness, irritation and watering. Most doctors advise that exposure to light during the evening, especially from artificial sources should be minimal. On the other hand, books do not emit any harmful rays, making it the obvious choice if you want to take good care of your eyes.
- Do not hamper body clock: Our system has a tendency to adapt itself to the rhythm of life by responding to the surrounding light. However, the blue light in reading devices disrupt the release of melatonin or the sleep hormone, causing inadequate, less deep sleep, and fatigue and irritation the following morning. Thus, not giving enough time to your eyes and body for revitalizing. On the other hand, studies have shown that people reading books sleep better and timelier than those reading on devices.
- Proximity to device not required- The admonition of not sitting too close to the television's screen glare is nullified by reading devices where a certain level of proximity is required for comfortable reading, which harms our eyes. But paperbacks do not have any such risk involved as there is no glare that would affect our eyes.
- Does not induce disrupted winking- Electronic devices often trigger a tendency to not blink and stare at the screen constantly for longer than advisable. That does not give the lenses in your eyes the momentary rest that the eyes require in order to replenish themselves.
Exercises to improve eye health
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or improve their vision. These include wearing glasses, lenses, sunglasses and many such measures. Here are some effective exercises which prove to be highly beneficial in increasing your eye health:
- Stretching: This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds, then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
- Flexing: This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
- Focus switching: This particular eye exercise is used for accommodation and is probably the most useful one. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes which are twenty feet away and this may improve your eyesight.
- Palming: This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to destress the eyes.
- Deep blinking: This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. All you have to do is to place some large letters at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After the gap of 5 seconds, open your eyes and see the letters for a second or two. The more time you do this the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
Finally, a warning has to be given that these eye treatments are not universally accepted by all doctors.
Recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) is defined as a condition where the woman suffers three or more pregnancy losses consecutively and the miscarriages occur within 20 weeks from the last menstrual cycle of the women. This condition is fairly common in women. Some of the causes that may be responsible for this condition include genetic factors, uterine disorders, hypothyroidism, diabetes, anatomical or cervical conditions, endocrine-related disorders, auto-immune diseases, chronic endometritis, viral infection, ecological conditions, and antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS).
As part of the RPL diagnosis, the medical experts will conduct a transvaginal ultrasonography during the early stages of the pregnancy. If the woman is not pregnant, had had two to three pregnancy losses in the past, and is being evaluated for pregnancy loss, the doctors may deem it suitable to conduct parental chromosome testing (karyogram). Also, blood tests may also be carried out to determine blood sugar levels, thyroid-related problems, ovarian dysfunction, and thrombophilia.
Treatment For RPL-
When treating a woman for RPL, the doctors will need to determine the cause of this condition. In cases of congenital thrombophilia and antiphospholipid syndrome, the doctors could prescribe anticoagulants if the woman has suffered recurrent miscarriages. Several studies conducted in the past have shown that through a course of antibiotics, women suffering from chronic endometritis can enjoy a healthy pregnancy. In cases wherein the woman is found to have a karyotypic disorder, she is advised to undergo genetic counseling. During the sessions, the genetic specialist will have a discussion on the type of genetic disorder and the possibility of future pregnancies.
Some couples may also opt for prenatal genetic studies for analyzing the genetic makeup of the fetus. In this procedure, chorionic virus sampling and amniocentesis may be carried out. In cases of chromosomal conditions, when treatment is not available, the in vitro fertilization (IVF) with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) procedure may be advised. As a part of this treatment, the woman is given shots over a period of some days for eggs to grow in her ovaries. Then, the eggs are obtained through a minor surgery and a sperm is injected into them to enable the embryos to grow. Thereafter, a single cell of the embryo is subjected to biopsy and the genetic disposition is examined. This helps to prevent the transfer of an afflicted embryo. In cases of uterine abnormality, the doctors may conduct a surgery as a part of the treatment.
In cases of thyroid-related issues or diabetes, medicines for treating the respective conditions are prescribed. However, if the patient has antiphospholipid syndrome, they are given drugs to prevent the development of blood clots.
The condition of women who has a history of recurrent pregnancy loss must be monitored closely. Even if they are given proper treatment, the chances of future pregnancy loss cannot be ruled out completely. After each pregnancy loss, the woman may suffer from psychological trauma and she may harbor doubts about her ability to conceive as well. In such cases, they require counseling for helping them in overcoming their grief. Also, recurrent miscarriages can result in the women suffering from coronary heart disease, cardiovascular problems, and ovarian cancer at a later stage. During their later pregnancies, they run the risk of having preeclampsia as well. Moreover, the mortality rates of such groups of women are high.
Unexplained RPL: In cases of unexplained RPL, there are no treatments available. The afflicted groups are given counseling. By doing so, there is around 50 to 60 percent probability of them delivering in their subsequent pregnancy. However, with each pregnancy loss, the woman’s chances of conceiving diminish. Aspirin is not known to be effective in preventing recurrent miscarriages in women. Also, immunotherapy does not meet the desired results. Currently, the drug NT100 is under scrutiny for improving the chances of conception in women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy losses.
According to the tenets of Ayurveda, HIV is primarily a disease involving low immunity which is considered the most vital sap of the body. Immunity is in charge of providing both mental and physical strengths required to cope up with the foreign bodies that cause unwanted changes in the human body. When the immune system gets disrupted, the individual becomes susceptible to a host of infections and disorders. There are incessant numbers of bacteria and viruses in the environment, and some of them are highly contagious which can easily cause an infection.
Ayurveda has numerous highly effective therapies to combat HIV exposure. There is a sector of Ayurveda specifically dedicated to boosting immunity and vitality in the body with the help of herbs, minerals, and practice of Ayurvedic techniques. The treatment first aims to detoxify the body and strengthen the immune system which improves the immune system with the help of certain "rasayanic" techniques.
How is HIV exposure treated through Ayurveda?
The first step of HIV exposure treatment through Ayurveda is having nourishing food and leading a positive life supported by well-meaning friends and relatives. The patient can also take part in some physical exercises which don't cause any strain to the fragile health condition. Engaging in comfortable yet fruitful activities can help in strengthening good tendencies and stimulating appetite as well.
Then the patient will have to take some Ayurvedic tonics along with rejuvenators that can boost immunity levels and eliminate the toxins from the body. This is particularly done through emesis, purgation, and enemas. The medications which are given at this stage are neither drastic nor very harsh for the body so that they can be digested without any difficulty.
In the third stage of treatment, appropriate medications will help in purifying the blood, and this is where the role of liver corrective measures come to the fore. The patient has to take preparations with medicated ghee and soups that can alleviate the signs and symptoms of HIV exposure. There is no scope of consuming spicy and oily junk foods as they can take a toll on the patient’s liver. Medicated alcohol may have to be used to aid in the digestive procedure and removal of blockages in the flow of energy.
Participating in physical activities on a daily basis is important. In case the patient is too weak to exercise or even run, then steaming can be helpful. This is very crucial since it is believed in Ayurveda that heated blood can weaken and sometimes destroy the virus involved in HIV.
There are some herbal cum mineral compounds which are helpful for subsiding the conditions of HIV exposure. It is important to consult with an expert who can evaluate your condition and help in healing the signs and symptoms that you are suffering from.
Health experts do believe, and are promoting the same nowadays, that eating right is the best step to control high blood pressure other than regular medications. Who knows, if you are strong enough to control your lifestyle and eating habits, you may not need a long term medication after some time. The blood pressure may lower down naturally with improving health and weight.
Factors that elevate blood pressure in the body.
Before suggesting the right eatables for lowering the blood pressure, let’s look at the conditions which actually increase the blood pressure. They are:
A coronary heart disease
Work pressure or family and relationship troubles
Each one has a toll on the body with resultant High Blood Pressure. With eating right you may gain a lot of control on the body.
Here are some quick tips on eating right:
Avoid excess salt intake. The more salt you take, the more sodium your body gets, and as a result BP elevates. When you eat readymade snacks, packaged foods and drinks with preservatives, check the nutritional information. Most of them contain high sodium. You may stop the intake of such foods or restrict them completely.
Avoid oily and junk food. Avoid food with unsaturated or trans fats. These kinds of foods straightaway add to the fat deposits of the body, and make you obese or more obese. In such cases, the obesity and increased weight build a pressure on the heart to pump more, thus elevating blood pressure.
Quit smoking, as this puts excess pressure on the lungs to breathe and thus the heart to pump.
Avoid alcohol intake in excess amounts. Drinking more alcohol or frequent drinking can elevate BP.
Besides there are some good foods that can always help to lower or control BP. They are:
Plain, fat-free yoghurt or Greek yoghurt
Small fishes like Tilapia
These food items are designed by nature to reduce blood pressure or normalize blood pressure in the body. Hence, if you are trying heart and soul to eat right, then try these in your daily food to see positive results. Besides, exercising and reducing weight are the two other important steps to take, which complement the healthy diet and eating habits to lower the blood pressure with or without medication.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
- Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
- Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one’s body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
- Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
- Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well, since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
- Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas – vata, pitta and kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration becomes sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
You might be eating healthy but sometimes few poor lifestyle habits like no physical activity, high salt intake etc. can also harm your heart.
You can avoid hypertension by keeping a check on your lifestyle habits. Exercise, eat healthy, relax and meditate and enjoy a stress-free life.