Lybrate.com has top trusted Hematologists from across India. You will find Hematologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vimresh Raina
Submit a review for Dr. Vimresh RainaYour feedback matters!
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
- Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
- Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
- There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
- If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
- A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
- Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
- Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
Surgery may also be option of treatment when non-operative treatment fails or pain worsens during non-operative treatment. Surgery is performed to trim part of Acromio bone which is causing impingement on underlying Rotator cuff to provide adequate space for mobility of tendons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
- Sleep at same time every night & Get up at same time every day (Even On weekends)
- No Lights in bedroom
- Bedroom should be cool, comfortable, free from Noise
- Bed must be used for Sleep & Sex Only
- Switch off mobile & all digital feeds including TV at least 1 hour before going to bed
- No Tea/coffee or smoking at least 4 hours before bedtime