Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hi I suffered from" Viral Arthritis" from 13th to 18th July and was hospitalized with high fever of 104 for 6 days. Even after a month I have acute joint pains in ankles, feet, knees, fingers and shoulders. No amount of painkillers is helping reduce the pain. Difficulty in walking sitting n getting up. Kindly advise.
I am not able to sleep for last 3 days and having serval headache. And sometimes back pain also happen, i've tried some home remedies but all in wain please help me what should I do?
Ankush is having chronic lower back ache. Sometimes it aggravates without any physical activity. No radiating pain associated.
I am 44 years old and suffering from saviour backache at two points of the waist .Some times I am feeling two points are meeting and colliding each other. Some time shocks are going up. Here I am showing at doctor .Doctor has advised me take the tab "Renerve plus" and tryptomer 10 mg" for 15 days advise me how it completely curable.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The Towel Hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel Roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee Marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
If you wish to discuss about any specific joint or bone problem, you can consult a specilized orthopedist and ask a free question.
Sir my problem is shoulder pain. From 5 day shoulder paining very much .plz advise me to what medicine I take.
Hello Doctor, My age is 32 years. I have cervical spondylitis. I also have fatty liver. From past 3 days I am having muscle pain just below my front side shoulder. No medicines are working I took combiflam tolpidol flexura d nothing is working. The pain is passing down close to my chest. I do not what is the exact issue. Will ultrasound or scan show exact issue. The more I take medicines so I feel discomfort on my right side chest where liver is present. Why is this happening? I also have High Bp problem. Why are medicines not effecting me? Please help.
Severe pain in right shoulder, radiating to right arm. C4-c5 disc degeneration on MRI. Possible treatments?
Hi, While playing 2 years back I injured my left knee. I did x-ray nothing was found. But now for the past 1 year if I step unconsciously my left knee got twisted often. I searched met on this topic amd got that may be it is because of ligament issue. Can anyone please sugheat what I should do?
Doctor I having problems to back pain to daily hard study because I am a students so doctor what can I do daily and not do.
Uric acid is a breakdown product of purines that are part of many foods we eat. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, and blockage of the kidney filtering tubules with uric acid crystals, leading to kidney failure.
Gout has the unique distinction of being one of the most frequently recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
Gout results from abnormal deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint cartilage.
The crystals are later released into the joint fluid.
Gout was once incorrectly thought to be a disease of only the rich and famous, caused by consuming too much rich food and fine wine.
Although diet and excessive drinking contribute to gout, they are not the main cause of the condition.
We now know that heredity plays a role in the development of gout, and it's often associated with other medical problems like high blood pressure.
Not everyone with high levels of uric acid will develop gout.
The kidneys' ability to rid the body of uric acid is partly determined by heredity.
And just because someone in the family suffers from gout does not mean everyone in that family will have the disease.
This risk varies from person to person.
What Are the Symptoms of Gout?
- Sudden, intense joint pain, which often can wake a person from sleep
- Swollen joint that is warm to touch
- Red or purple skin around the joint.
The amount of uric acid in your blood can change depending on what you eat and drink, how hydrated or dehydrated you are, your overall health, how much alcohol you drink, and the medicines you are taking.
It can change in response to a sudden illness..
How Is Gout Treated?
There is no cure for gout, but it can be treated and controlled. Symptoms often are relieved within 24 hours after treatment has begun.
The type of treatment prescribed will depend on several factors, including the person's age, type of medications he or she is taking, overall health, medical history, and severity of gout attacks.
Gout attacks are mainly treated with anti-inflammatory drugs. These include:
* NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen or naproxen, are generally prescribed to treat sudden and severe gout attacks.
They usually reduce inflammation and pain within hours.
* Corticosteroids (also called steroids), may be prescribed for people who cannot take NSAIDs.
Steroids also work by decreasing inflammation.
Steroids can be injected into the affected joint or given as pills.
* Colchicine is often used to treat gout and usually begins working within a few hours of taking it. This drug is used less often due to concerns about its side effects.
Dr. Sanjay Kapoor(Orthopedics & Joint Replacement Surgeon)
For More Details