Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I had been operated on my left leg below the knee as i got multiple fractures, it was in the month of Jan 2006. Till now the leg below knee till toes is swollen. When taken rest/ sleeping position keeping legs on pillow the swelling is gradually reducing and later when going to work is it swelling again. Your kind self is requested to advise the solution for the same. Thanks in advance.
Sir my mom has cervical problem from approx one year and sometimes the pain goes to the other parts also like hand or leg. So what should we done?
Good evening. My mom's right Leg Knee is always have a pain, she even do a leg exercise but didn't get the result, cab you suggest what she has to do ?
I'm having sharp pains in left waist when I touch its very sharp and otherwise it is dull ache in my waist. I noticed blood in my stool. What it can be doctors please help me its very concerning for me. I don't have any other symptom like vomiting nausea fever.
1) I have a flat foot. I can't stand for much longer. Please suggest what to do to overcome this problem. 2) 2 years ago I had an injury in my ankle. Maybe a hairline fracture. But it got cured. But nowadays I feel little pain in the same area in the morning.
I am suffering from osteoporosis from last 1 year. Is there any treatment available for complete cure of this disease.
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.