Doctor in Uphi
Patient Review Highlights
Excellent ! He listened complete talk about my problems. Checkup several types to know the actual problem.
I have enlarged foliate papillae right side of tongue red but no pain. Is this cancer. Left side is fine.Please help me for that.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder, which generally affects the colon (large intestine). It usually shows symptoms like abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, diarrhea, gas and constipation. IBS is a long-term condition. It can result in sudden mood swings, depression and thus holds you back from living your life to the fullest. IBS can be controlled by managing lifestyle, stress and managing your diet. Medication and counseling could also be required to manage IBS.
Symptoms of IBS:
- Immense cramping and pain.
- A feeling that your belly is bloated all the time
- Severe gas
- Alternating and sudden bouts of constipation and diarrhea.
- Presence of mucus in the feces.
Whenever you experience such kind of symptoms, it is always advisable that you must consult a doctor, so that it doesn't lead to a serious condition.
When should you consult a doctor for IBS?
IBS is not a chronic disorder and can be controlled by home remedies. It may also require medical treatment if the symptoms become acute and persist for too long. If you experience certain symptoms like rectal bleeding, weight loss and heavy abdominal pain that might increase at night, you may be at a risk for colon cancer. If such symptoms persist, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible.
Causes of IBS:
- Foods: Most people are susceptible to IBS if they consume foods like spices, fats, fruits, cabbage, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carbonated beverage, milk or alcohol. These foods irritate the lining of the stomach and trigger IBS. However, the trigger may vary from person to person.
- Stress: Signs and symptoms of IBS can also increase if you are very stressed out. Stress makes your muscles too worked up and this may result in IBS. However, you should know that stress aggravates or triggers the symptoms but doesn’t cause IBS.
- Hormones: Women are more likely to develop IBS. Fluctuations in the hormonal cycle can trigger IBS. This usually occurs around or during menstruation.
- Other illnesses: Sometimes illness such as gastroenteritis (infectious diarrhea) or bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can trigger symptoms of IBS.
- Age: You will be more likely to develop IBS if you are 45 years of age or above.
- Hereditary: People having a family history of IBS are more susceptible to develop IBS.
- Mental problems: Depression, personality disorder, anxiety and a history of sexual abuse can also trigger symptoms of IBS. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am aged 51 and suffering from GERD There is frequent regurgitation after eating food or drinking water. Unless the gas is real ease there is utter discomfort in the stomach. Kindly prescribe some medicine. This happening since last Ten Year’s.
Sir I have been a burning sensation before and after and jelly like blood just after urinating since 2 days. I am a male and my age is 21.
Earlier my father was taking Urimax D for a slightly enlarged prostate. Was advised to take solid 8 mg 2 months back. But he is now not able to control his bladder and often is passing urine involuntarily. Shall h go back to Urimax D?
What is ulceration of intestine. Is apc a successful procedure? Are solitary rectal ulcer syndrome and ulcerative colitis the same?
Sir. Mere ureter me 10 mm stone tha. Jo mai 1 sal pahle URS krwa k niklwa diya tha. Par aaj v kabhi kabhi jaha stone tha I mean jaha operation hua tha waha pe pain karta hai. Mai 6 mahine pahle v ultrasound krwaya tha par waha kuch show nahi karta hai. Pls help. Thanks.
Hi, My 6 month old girl baby is having diarrhea since yesterday gave arrow root powder ors powder. But nothing worked out ?Is true that if I apply to walnut paste in anus it will stop?
Many times we forget about the importance of our health in the race to pursue our careers and goals. We take our bodies for granted and keep working them without stopping for a breath. While some may have mastered this art, there are many who may not be able to cope with such a lifestyle and may end up falling ill. The most common problem that most people suffer from is stomach upset, gas, or stomach pain, and all of this may be because of not eating right or having irregular eating habits.
It is due to such problems that people fall ill and then go to the doctor with a problem that may take much longer to treat. However, if the patient starts to check in with the doctor before the stomach pain worsens, it may be easier to treat because very often the pain arises from stomach ulcers. Ulcers are sores that are caused on the lining of the stomach or the oesophagus or even on the intestines. In serious cases, the sores may cause great damage to the stomach and may lead to much worse issues. However, with the right intake of food, the damage may be controlled in combination with medicines and treatment from experts.
Foods to avoid
In controlling the spread of stomach ulcers or peptic ulcers, it may be important to know the food that should be avoided so that the medicines and treatments taken for controlling the problem may work better. Here is a list of foods that you should avoid:
- Hot beverages such as tea, coffee, cocoa and milk should be avoided because they cause acid imbalance in the stomach.
- Anything that may contain caffeine should also be avoided.
- Alcohol should be completely avoided by those suffering from peptic ulcers.
- Citric or sour drinks such as grape or orange drinks should also be avoided for remaining at ease.
- Any spicy powders or seasonings, such as pepper, chilli powder and garlic should be excluded from the diet.
- Anything that is made from milk or cream and is extremely fatty in nature should not be consumed.
- Flavoured cheese that is strong and spicy should not be eaten.
- Meats that include high levels of fat or those that are highly seasoned should be completely avoided.
- Chillies or peppers in any form should be kept away from your diet.
- Anything that is made from tomato should also be avoided, such gravy, sauces or raw tomatoes.
When you start to keep your diet clean and healthy, it may be much easier for your doctor to cure you of stomach ulcers.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!