Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
I'm 24 years old, I have tan in my face n hands n I'm using vlcc products, can you say me some remedies to cure. Looking forward to your reply.
I am 22 years old female I have back heads on my nose can you tell me how to remove those permanently at home?
Do not no y my skin tone is becoming darker and my lips are also becoming dark and dry. So pls suggest me y and wat to do to avoid it.
My father is 68 years old. He had fallen rt side 2 years back and made fracture rt Hand and ribs. Dr. did plaster wrongly and hand fused wrongly. Now he has tingling sensation and numbness in hand and spread upto rt side brain and felt fairness. please tell me what should I do and is it a serious issue. How much time it will take to recover from it? which specialist we should consult?
Dear sir my hand and my legs are very dark in colour please tell me which type of cream I will use Increase the white beauty of my hands and my legs please sir tell me. My hand and my legs are very dark colour black please sir tell me which type of cream I will use Increase the white beauty of my hand and my legs.
I got a surgery on my hand on 17-07-2015 Have got 8 stitches Which left a thick black mark on my hand How to get rid of this black mark ? If I can not get rid of that, at least tell a way to make it mix in my skin tone.
I am fed up by marks on my nose. Marks are like dump on my nose. Reflects on mirror. Suggest me some better treatment.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions, which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk:
- Age: People who are older than 40 years of age tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40 years.
- Climate: As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
- Profession: Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day, which can also lead to dry skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools, which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness on your skin.
- Lifestyle changes: Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
- Lactic acid: Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor, if the dryness of your skin does not go away with moisturizers. These creams are usually over-the-counter medications.
- Prescription creams: Prescription creams are given, only when conditions such as dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis are present.
- Wet dressing: Wet dressing is given only when dermatitis has set in, as it mostly help in preventing the infection.
- Oiling: Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil, ensures that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
- Hand sanitizer: Normal hand sanitizers tend to make your hands dry. Thus, dermatologists recommend hydrating hand sanitizers that allow your hands to maintain their moisture. Therefore, whenever you are using a hand sanitizer, use a hydrating one.