Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit SinghYour feedback matters!
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am 27 Year old male, my hands and legs sleep automatically, Specially when I sit on ground with folded legs then legs sleep after 15 minutes, I feel like I have no legs. Same with hands when it is pressed for while then I won't be able to use my fingers and feel pain What is happening to me?
I am from Mumbai .I'm suffering from migraine since last 2 or 3 months .Dr. Please Can you make me sure that what is the treatment for this?
Im a epilepsy patient before after that I went medication under neuro doctor. Now im completely fine. Can I get marry, have sex and Kids in My Life? Is that okay for me and my children. Please assist me.
Late night sleep due to scared watch YouTube till 2.30 after taking bed rest medicine daily route, Not even 1 km walking office near by go on active so became healthy body stomach out little , migraine and Gas problem, Dark circle on eye ,oily face , pimple light marks on face . Suggest your best option want to changes lifestyle with your help .
I am suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia in right side on face since last 3 years please suggest me the best treatment and doctors in Hyderabad.
My age is 35. I suffered from brain stroke since last 3 months. I am taking medicine under supervision of local doctor. Mobility of my right hand is marginal. Speech is partly unclear. Recalling is not normal. PL advice how long it will take to become normal as I have paralysed in my right side.
1. Memory loss
2. Difficulty performing familiar tasks
3. Problems with language
4. Disorientation of time and place
5. Poor or decreased judgment
6. Problems with abstract thinking
7. Misplacing things
8. Changes in personality
9. Loss of initiative
10. Changes in mood or behavior
Sir while walking too much I feel like something is obstructing my breath I feel shakiness while walking. Feeling of numbness in brain regions.
Hi, I am 17 years old I have a problem with my hands they start shaking unnecessarily sometimes please provide me a solution to this. Thanks.
How to get relief from migraine. My sister have migraine from last 3 year. Can you tell me that it is possible to get ride from migraine. Ravi.
Difference between Parkinson disease and Parkinsonism and how each is diagnosed by objective tests ?
Sir, I'm suffer from migraine. From last few years how can I get treated for? Is there any permanent cure for that.
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating autism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.