Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit SinghYour feedback matters!
Benefits of sleeping on your left side. In ayurveda it is called vamkushi:
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fats gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of parkinsons and alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to ayurveda.
I am 21 years old female. I had a history of photosensitive epilepsy. Recently stopped taking my medications under doctors supervision. Now, working as a UI developer trainee. Little stressful job ,but I love the job. Had to work 9 hrs daily on computer LCD display. For one month I was doing good. Then for three days had headache. Now on leave. Kind of feel my mental strength disappearing. Do not know why. Does it have anything to do with epilepsy. Will I be able to continue working.
I am having migraine problem. I get a severe headache whenever I travel. Kindly suggest me remedy. Nd even at night tym some times.
DEAR SIR, after acupuncture treatment vide wwwacu5solution since 12-09-15, pains, sprains, tightness, numbness all over body, tried Dr. ortho for 45 days, oils, balms, gels, home etc no relief, what to do? I am 66, male on insulin, lantus, amyral-m and madhu sanjeevani-02-0-02, bph on urimax d, regards---narasanna n.
I experience numbness in my hands & legs early in the morning. Also suffer from backache and shoulder pain. Pls advise.
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation. After first seizure MRI and EEG may help to know whether you have the risk of second seizure or not.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
I am 18 years old and when I wake up in morning I see black all in front of my eyes and my brain feels heavy. What can I do?
Are indigestion - gas problems related with stiff neck and migraine (one-sided headaches)? I am a 22 years old Student and get these issues which has immensely troubled my attention and work. Also, should I do any Internal tests to review risks as I tend to get throbbing pain in my stomach. Kindly help.
My son aged 32 yrs has been suffering from cerebral palsy hyper tone since birth. Unable to stand on his own and walk. Talks but slowly. Can you please suggest any treatment or otherwise?
I am suffering from polio from 6 years and please tell me how I can control this and what is its prevention?
Carpal nerve syndrome in my right hand. Kindly suggest remedy and specialist contact details. Thanks.
Suffering from parkinson disease and having bowel movement after a long period of 7 days. Suddenly on the 8th day loose motion conditions arises which is tough to minimize. This condition is prevailing since last 6 months. Body movement stamina eyesight have got weakened. Cuts and tears on foot and hands are rarely sensed. Suggest me a good hospital in india to overcome such problems. Previously visited nimhans bangalore for which medicines are contd. Yet. Should I go for a multispeciality hospital or specifically for a neuro centre. Please suggest a good hospital which is affordable and reliable too.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.