Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonu Balhara AhlawatYour feedback matters!
She is feeling like vomits, and stomach ache. Currently going through periods. Just before periods we have an unprotected physical activity. Is their any chance of getting pregnant?
How to get pregnant if the period cycle is not happening on time. My wife is suffering from this period disorder how to cure it.
Of the few things which make summers in the sub-continent somewhat bearable, the watermelon is certainly a chart-topper. Nothing can refresh our tired and dehydrated bodies more than juicy watermelon cubes after a day at the office. The very sight of the large green fruit quenches our thirst somehow.
For a fruit this delicious, the benefits may seem add-ons but take a look at the following and you are sure to jump into the watermelon fan club, in case you are not a member yet:
1. Hydrates the body
The water content in the fruit is more than 90%. Having as little as a cup full of watermelon cubes replenishes fluid level in the body. Electrolytes like calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron are present in abundance that aids the rehydration process.
2. Rejuvenates eye and skin health
Watermelon has a very high vitamin a content. This is a powerful anti-oxidant that fights free radicals in the body and is great for vision and skin. Vitamin a goes a long way in boosting the body's immunity as well.
3. Promotes health of vital organs
Watermelon is a source of potassium. This essential mineral controls blood pressure and the heart rate thereby ensuring proper functioning of the heart. Also, the kidney is another organ that is benefited owing to the water and mineral content of the fruit.
4. Relieves muscle pains
Arginine is an amino acid that improves blood circulation in the body and relaxes the tissue. Watermelon contains the amino acid citrulline that is synthesized into arginine automatically in the body. Thus, it is a food of choice for athletes.
5. Reduces tanning
Watermelon is the richest natural source of lycopene, an antioxidant that combats UV-ray induced free radicals which cause sunburns. Owing to this, only two cups of watermelon can help you get brighter and glowing skin.
6. Promotes sexual health
Studies have shown the fruit to beef up libido in humans. The improved circulation owing to essential minerals present in the fruit will certainly improve performance in the bed.
7. Improves sleep
A few slices of the fruit before bed-time induces the body to secrete serotonin that helps us get deep sleep that is necessary after all the action the fruit promises to help us get.
8. Combats cancer
The lycopene present in watermelon has been shown by some studies to combat the spread of cancer.
9. Low in calories
For its size and roundness, the fruit's calorie and fat content are incredibly low. Thus, using this tasty treat to satiate your hunger is a healthy lifestyle thing. The cholesterol levels also do not go up at all from having watermelon.
It is recommended to have 2 cups of watermelon daily or as frequently as you can get your hands on it. Going up to anywhere between three to four cups should be absolutely fine. So, go ahead and indulge in the goodness of this delicious and hydrating fruit this summer. Stay healthy, stay happy!
My wife is pregnant and first month running she is suffering from morning sickness would you please tell how it will reduce?
I have herpes zoster on my abdomen region .what may the reason doctor? How it occurs .thank you so much.
Hello doc , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding , now its 21st can I start the process again or should I go for d and c .
Hello mam, I am jyoti from delhi. I had some problem with my mensuration period. I am married. My last date eas coming on 1 august. Too long time I didn't get my date. I also checked for pregnancy bt its negative. So please consult me medicine for getting date.
Hello Doctor, My question is does sex effects ovarian cyst of 8.3 cm. Can sex effect as twist or rupture of cyst? Please help me. Is there any way that I can have sex and my cyst will not be twist.
The build-up of gases in the stomach can be uncomfortable and very embarrassing when it leads to flatulence. Flatulence can be defined as the release of intestinal gas from the anus. This may or may not be accompanied by sound and odour. Both men and women can be affected by flatulence at any age.
Some of the causes of flatulence include:
• Swallowing excessive amounts of air while eating
• Lactose intolerance
Food that is difficult to digest often triggers the formation of gas such as hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane and sulphur in the digestive system as a result of the microbial breakdown of this food. Sulphur is largely responsible for the odor that accompanies the release of these gases. Beans, chickpeas, cauliflower and cabbage are some such foods that can trigger flatulence.
Flatulence on its own is not a serious condition and usually resolves itself without medication. However if it triggers severe abdominal cramps, diarrhea, persistent constipation, blood in the stools, nausea and pain in the right side of the abdomen, medical care should be immediately sought.
If flatulence is a problem you suffer from often, take a look at your diet and modify your eating habits. Keep a food diary to determine what food triggers this condition and avoid it. If you are lactose intolerant switch your dairy products for soya substitutes and avoid dairy. Anti-gas compounds that are available over the counter can also provide relief. Chew your food slowly, thoroughly and ensure that your mouth is closed while chewing to prevent swallowing air. For this reason, also avoid chewing gums and fizzy drinks. If you must eat beans, soak them overnight before cooking.
Flatulence can be easily treated with home remedies. Following home remedies can be used
1. Ginger: Ginger aids the digestion process, eases bloating and reduces gas. It also helps stool pass smoothly and helps keep the intestines clear. This does not give stomach gases a chance to build up. Ginger can be consumed in the form of capsules or a tea made by steeping ginger in hot water for a few minutes.
2. Papaya: Along with being rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, papaya contains an enzyme known as papain that helps digest proteins and reduce gas. To benefit from papain, you could eat the papaya fruit or drink a tea made with papaya leaves. Papaya enzymes are also available as supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I'm trying for the pregnancy. My cycle is about 32 to 36 days. I was really very hard to find the fertility period or ovulation period. Anyone reply me the evaluation days for me to have sex for getting pregnant?
With changing times the nature and effects of virus and bacteria are also changing and due to this, one of the biggest risks of unprotected sex is catching a sexually transmitted disease or STD. An STD can be contacted by any form of intercourse including oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STDs are serious diseases that should not be ignored and require treatment and medication. Some common STDs are:
- Hepatitis B
- Genital Herpes
- Syphilis and
The only way to protect yourself from an STD is to abstain from unprotected sex and always use a condom. Sometimes STD infections have no symptoms and can remain dormant for years, hence it is essential to get yourself regularly treated for STDs if you have more than one sexual partner.
On the other hand some STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by a STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
- Painful urination: A burning sensation or pain while urinating is a symptom for a number of STDs. There may also be a change in the colour of urine. Some STDs associated with painful urination as Chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. However, this may also be triggered by kidney stones or a urinary tract infection.
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of a STD.
- Abnormal discharge: Abnormal discharge from the vagina or penis can be a symptom of a number of infections not all of which are STDs. Strangely coloured and odorous vaginal discharge can be a symptom of yeast infections or a Sexually transmitted disease like trichomoniasis or gonorrhea. Bleeding in between periods can also be a symptom of a STD. Abnormal discharge from the penis can be a sign of Chlamydia, gonorrhea or trichomoniasis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
My wife 11 weeks Pregnant. She does not take fruits and milks. Please suggest me diet it means Fruits and Food items. I am confusing, If not taking meals and fruits will there be any problem in baby growing in this moment?
Homeopathic treatment is one of the most natural and effective modes of treatment for a number of diseases and disorders. However, there should be a restriction on certain kinds of food when you are under homeopathic medication. Homeopathic medicines are consumed orally, and the tiny globules get absorbed in the oral cavity, and thus it is recommended that you keep away from food substances with a strong smell and taste. If a minimum gap is not maintained between having food and taking of the medicines, effective results will not be provided.
It has been explained that if you do not intake any food material half an hour before and after taking homeopathic medicines, no harm is done on the effect of the medicine. There is a controversy regarding coffee and homeopathic medicines, but coffee is quite safe to have, but you must keep the timing in mind and maintain the half an hour gap. The same applies to onions, garlic, ginger and other strong-smelling food items. However, in the case of certain homeopathic medicines, coffee acts like an antidote. This is because there are medicines, which are prepared using coffee in crude and roasted forms. You should ask your homeopath about it when he gives you a certain homeopathic medicine.
As long as you are following the half an hour before and after rule, there are no such food restrictions when you are under homeopathic medication. However, in case of certain diseases where the homeopathic cure is used, the intake of several common food items increases the intensity of the disease. For this, you must take several dietary precautions until you start experiencing results from homeopathic medicines.
Here is a list of diseases along with the food items that should be avoided if you are having homeopathic medicines for treatment:
- Respiratory disorders: While you are undergoing a homeopathic treatment for respiratory disorders such as cough and cold, avoid cold drinks, ice cream or any chilled food item.
- Skin disorders: In case of skin disorders, you should avoid rich, spicy food or artificially flavored food of any kind. You should also abstain from non vegetarian food if you want homeopathic medicines to work effectively.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Keep away from spicy and pungent food and also avoid fried, oily foods while taking homeopathic medicines for gastrointestinal problems. Alcohol should also be abstained from.
- Vitiligo: For effective homeopathic treatment for vitiligo, avoid eating unripe, sour fruits. Avoid anything sour such as curd or yoghurt. Also consume fewer amounts of fish and seafood.
Usually, there are no such food restrictions for homeopathic medicines as long as you maintain the half an hour rule, before and after the intake of a homeopathic medicine.