Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonu Balhara AhlawatYour feedback matters!
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!
Recently my mother has witnessed, near her thigh & knees area, thin pink veins, very prominent. Kindly suggest something, if it's a reason to worry?
How can we have safe sex with unmarried girl without using condom. Having sex using condom is 100% safe or not?
I have my due menses date on 20th of this month I have got t travel on the same day I want some tablet to be suggested so I get my periods today itself.
Is there any chance of getting pregnant by taking ipill within 2 hrs of unprotected sex. And that too on unfertile day?
Dear doctor, I have brother. He is married on 30 april 2015. His wife took i-pill on 2 may 2015. They were gave birth one boy on 30 march 2017. What could i-pill made pregnancy after 2 years. Kindly give me reasons of late children. I am mahesh. If I will marry later can I can get one children within one-two months without sex. I not want to delay children. How I safe and secure relation with my wife. After one month I also do marry with a girl. So tell me complete ideas.
Even couples with a healthy sex life filled with abundant activity find that they can occasionally benefit from sex tips. This is especially true for couples who have been together for an extended period of time and so may need to explore avenues for "livening things up a bit"- which is where role playing can come in handy. Many sex tips revolve around things like penis health or getting plenty of exercise, which are important, but these tips will focus on rules that couples need to take into consideration as they begin exploring the wonderful world of sexual role playing.
Communication is the key
The first rule for role playing is: communicate. (Really, this should be the first rule for all matters in a couple's life.) On the most basic level, a couple needs to decide together if role playing is something that each partner feels comfortable with doing.
The hurdle is usually taking that first step and broaching the subject. A man may feel awkward admitting that he has a desire to pretend he is a patient who gets turned on when his nurse gives him a sponge bath, for example. But once the idea of engaging in role playing is introduced, many people are surprised to find that their partner has some scenarios of their own that they want to explore.
Equally important is for each partner to hear their mate's role playing ideas without passing negative judgment on them. That doesn't mean that a person has to acquiesce to every idea their partner has; rather, they need to be respectful of the fact that their partner is sharing this part of themselves. If a partner's fantasy is distasteful to their mate, the mate should not respond with "No way, that's totally disgusting!" Instead, something along the lines of "I'm glad you told me about that, but I don't think I'd be comfortable in that role" is more appropriate.
By the same token, if a woman has already made it clear that she is not into a particular fantasy, the man should not continue pushing it or raising it again and again. Let it go and move on to the next.
However, a person may want to discover why their partner is not interested in a particular scenario - especially if the partner says no to two or three of them. It may be that there is a recurring theme in the scenarios that is the problem. In such cases, asking "Can you tell me what it is about the role playing idea that makes you uncomfortable?" can be a good idea.
Talk about boundaries
Although this is just a preliminary discussion, it may be a good idea to talk about boundaries at this early stage - even before a later conversation about setting specific rules. Some people will have some firm ideas about things that are deal breakers for them. Deal breakers can cover a wide range, from not putting on costumes to location to whether pictures can be taken to the "roughness" that might be involved in some scenarios. Getting these out in the open early on can make it easier for some people to discuss the topic and how to move on to something both partners will enjoy.
Role playing sex tips can help lead a couple into new sexual areas, so a man will want to be sure his manhood is in good playing shape for any new activities. That's why daily use of a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is so important. The ideal crème is going to contain both L-arginine and vitamin C. L-arginine is an amino acid involved in the process by which penile blood vessels are kept open and receptive to increased blood flow, an area in which vitamin C also plays a role. It also helps if the selected crème contains pantothenic acid (also called vitamin B5), a nutrient that significantly aids cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy penile tissue.
I think my girlfriend is pregnant. But we never had sex. We only touched each others private parts for pleasure and maybe she touched my part and then touched her. But now she's not getting her periods and there is some white jelly like substance coming out of her vagina. We cannot have a baby now. We want an abortion. I heard there is a abortion method medically by taking tablets. My girlfriend is above the age of 18 which is legal to get an abortion on her wish. So will you help us? And how much will it cost?
Health problems caused by not drinking enough water
Our body is made up of almost 70% water and while we can live without food for a few days at least, it is important to replenish your water needs every day. If you miss drinking enough water even for a day, you will notice a change. And the ill effects of not drinking enough water can be severe and should not be taken lightly.
You might have to face these 5 health problems if you are not drinking enough water:
- Constipation: If your body is not getting enough water, it will not be able to digest well because our bodies need right amount of liquid to process the foods we eat. When the stomach is constipated, digestive juices are secreted in lesser quantity, thus leading to other digestive disorders.
- Weight gain: Many a times, we eat or feel hungry just a while after eating. This is not really hunger and actually means that the body needs water. A dehydrated body often sends misleading signals which is misinterpreted as hunger and we end up gaining unnecessary weight.
- Cholesterol and changes in blood pressure: When we don't drink enough water, the water reserve in the body gets used up resulting in there not being enough for the capillaries, veins and arteries. This results in blood pressure going high and/or low. Similarly, the cells of the body get dehydrated and in an attempt to stop this, the body starts producing cholesterol more than what's required.
- Dryness of the skin and other problems: Apart from through urine, our body also loses water in the form of sweat. This needs to be replenished or the skin starts becoming dry, lips are chapped and we even experience an increase in hair fall. Not drinking enough water also leads to premature aging and graying.
- Infections: It is important to urinate frequently because through urine, our body releases toxins which are not needed for the body. If you don't drink enough water, you won't urinate enough and might end up with problems like UTI and cystitis.
Bariatric surgery refers to the procedure by which excessive fat is removed gradually within few months from an individual’s body after modification in size of stomach and modification in gut pathway and length by laproscopically (key hole surgery).
The diet that must succeed a bariatric surgery changes with time. A post bariatric surgery diet will tentatively look like:
- Initial stages: At the initial stage, eating solid food should be strictly avoided. A liquid diet with added protein can is a feasible option as long as it does not have any solid particles. The doctor may also prescribe regular and intermittent consumption at the beginning.
- Intermediary stages: The diet must be changed post second till the sixth week as the meal is made thicker. However, solid food must still be expelled. Due to the surgery, it is only normal that you would feel full after small consumption thereby, necessitating regular intake of food within short span of time.
- Final stages: Post sixth week, incorporating solid food in the diet is generally allowed by the doctors. With the introduction of fuller meals, regular intake of food should be reduced and four meals a day should be the norm.
Along with a fixed diet chart, you may also practice certain exercises to expedite the process of recovery. Some of them are:
- Light exercise: Depending on the condition, few patients may be prescribed exercises every week for an hour.
- Multiple exercises: Few, on the other hand, may be prescribed by the surgeons to exercise twice every week, generally for an hour.
I am 26 years old woman. I am 4 months pregnant .having low laying placenta. My doc suggested me michelle aq injection for 4 weeks (one in one week. Is it safe to have it during pregnancy?
I had sex with my boyfriend on 23th my period were late 6 days I have check pregnancy test in home 4 time it is negative but my period are not starting its 6 days late so what I do? am i pregnant?
she is 1 month pregnant. She is 26 and have very lean body. She just recovered from thyroid 3 months ago. Does this effect on baby? We have not consulted any doctor yet regarding pregnancy. .she is having little stomach pain sometime. .and how frequently we should get checked by doctor during pregnancy period?
Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I am too tired of family problems. Coming to the point, i am a PCOS patient. I need to know whether am pregnant or not. We had sexual relationship after long period. We are trying for baby. Past 2 weeks daily we are doing sex. My husband told, I will be pregnant. My question is, is there any option to know whether sperm attached in my uterus? Because am going office. I am travelling near 1 hour. I don’t want to miss this chance. I need a baby soon. May be if i am pregnant means fetus survive under cell division. So how can I detect regard my pregnancy? Is there any scanning option is there? Or I should wait 45 days to know about my pregnancy? Please advise me.
Replantation is the surgical reattachment of a body part by microsurgical means, such as a finger, hand or arm, that has been completely cut & separated from a person's body. Replantation of amputated parts is performed on fingers, hands, forearms, arms, toes, feet, legs, ears, avulsed scalp injuries, a face, lips, penis and a tongue. Dr.Ramakant Bembde has done the first successful Replantation of hand during postgraduate training only at Topiwala National Medical College & Nair Hospital in 1997. Till date he has done more than 50 Replantations of various parts like thumb, fingers, hand, elbow, wrist, scalp ,etc. Replantation requires microsurgery and must be performed within specific hours after amputation,at a center with specialized equipments, Microvasular Plastic surgeon and supporting staff.
Preservation & Transport of Amutated Parts:
To improve the chances of a successful replantation, it is very important to preserve the amputated part as soon as possible in a cool(close to freezing, but not at or below freezing) and sterile or clean environment. Parts should be wrapped with moistened gauze and placed inside a clean or sterile plastic bag floating in ice water. Dry ice should not be used as it can result in freezing of the tissue.
Parts without muscles such as fingers can be preserved for many hours, while major muscled containing parts such as arms need to be re attached and revascularized within 6 hours to survive.
I'm 25 year old girl. I want to delay my periods as I'm going to devolution place (having pooja in temple) so I want to delay my periods for 2 days. Please suggest something.
I am 30 yrs old single woman. I have hypothyroidism. I am on medication (currently on thyronorm 100mcg) for last 11-12 yrs. I have irregular periods & it lasts for 2-3 days. I was diagnosed with pcos & was given metformin 500. Currently I am not taking metformin. Can you suggest me what should I do?
Prevention is better than cure. Vaccines prevents us from getting sick. Vaccines are good weapons against diseases. Stay healthy and vaccinate yourself and children.