Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha GeraYour feedback matters!
My husband has lack of calcium and now he developed yellowness in his teeth. I need some home treatment so this yellow staining would removed?
I am 25 years old. And I have problem of my teeth. My teeth smells a lot I do brush 2 time In a day. But still I smells bad. Help me.
I' m suffering from mouth ulcers. In a month I will have 2 to 3 times ulcers. Please help me to get rid of it. How to come out of it?
My baby is one month old. I am breastfeeding him. For past two days, I am suffering from toothache on left upper side. Since yesterday the tooth just below is also aching. It spreads to the chin as well as towards the ear. It cones and goes. Ppleae help. Thank you.
I have bad breath problem my mouth starts stinking immediately 1 hour after brushing I feel very bad how can I get away from this problem.
I am very fat and all body parts are very mainly and my teeth is dirty I tried many tooth powder but not effects.
I am having the mouth ulcer for around 1 week every month. As per my family doctor, a done course of 30 days of B-Complex tablets. But the problem is still there. What should I do.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.
I am 30 years old ,and till now after 2 deliveries every now and then I have to visit the dentist and till now in past 1 year I have gone through 4 rootcanals of last four tooths pls suggest me so I can save my other teeth from damage.
I had an impacted wisdom tooth in upper jaw. I never get it extracted. Some people suggested me that it can deform my teeth alignment and cause teeth crowding. I do not have any pain? Should I get it extracted?
I am 18 year old. And my teeth are getting very much sensitivity. And I am not able to eat any cold thing. So please give me Some Solution.
I have ulcers in my mouth since last two days. I am not able to eat anything. What medicine I have to take.
My molar tooth are getting black these days. Will I be need to have root canal done or any kind of fillings? Please advise.
1. Brush teeth twice a day.
2. Floss daily.
3. Brush or scrape your tongue.
4. Use a mouth rinse- mix of water and few drops of peppermint oil or rinse your mouth with black or green tea.
5. Visit your dentist regularly.
6. Quit smoking and avoid tobacco products.
7. Be sure to drink a sufficient amount of water.