Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha GeraYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 28 yrs old, female and I have a pain in my left gum (mouth) for last 1 months. What should I do.
I am 22 year old and sometimes face problem that my teeth get sharpen and inside mouth some kind of rashes inside mouth.
I have infected by HSV 1 IgG from the pase 10 years and lost immunity if any permanent cure for HSV 1 IgG
Sir. I have very bad odour in my mouth. I brush daily 3 times in a day. please help me sir how to get solution for prevent of bad odour.
My teethes are not strong. Have extracted many. Painful while biting. Got only 5 on the upper jaw. How to protect the remaining teethes.
Hello sir before six month I went for hiv test for job purpose in government ictc but am anxious coz next day almost 23 hours of hiv test I went for teeth scaling at dentist with same clothes that I wear during hiv test now I am assuming if my clothes contracted some hiv infected blood then dentist touch that blood contaminated area from cloth then put his fingers in my mouth during scaling and touch my gums that were bleeding due to scaling so can I get hiv in this situation, I am paranoid please help me should take another hiv test, is hiv test is warranted in this case?
I am suffering from this infection on my lips, this occurs in every 6 months interval around mouth area. They're kind of ulcers, I need to get rid of this completely. I think its called "cold sores"
Hi sir. I had cold & cough, is very high problem and also mouth ulcers problem since 6 months it is not curing please say me sir.
My teeth is very dirty yellowish color I brush 2 time in one day but no result on it I have no any kinds of bad habit's please tell me how I got white teeth ?
Home remedy for tooth decay? I have decayed tooth or cavity and I have no time visiting a dentist as of now? My half tooth had been decayed and when I touch and smell it I have a bad smell. Suggest some remedies.
Hello actually I am facing very major problem from 3-4 months me apna mouth proper tarah se open nahi kr parhi hu meko kaafi left side se pain hora hai jbh me yawn krti hu tbh meko bhut jyda pain hota hai left side me or abh ear me b pain hone lga hai left side ke me kuch din pehle doctor pass gyi homeopathy ke unhone kaha ya toh apko ear infection hua hai ya apko mouth me swelling hogyi hai nerves dab gyi hai unhone phir mujhe 2 homeopathy ka dawai diya bt jese he me vo leri meri halat khrbh ho jarhi hai meko pura mouth me pain hora hai dono side se mujhe kuch khane me b kaafi nakli hori he mouth me bhut pain hora teeth me koi problem nhi hai mere samj nhi aarha me karu kya kaafi problem hora mouth kholne me meko.
Hello doctor. My teeth become yellow from front nd become black from inside. I do brush regularly from childhood. Nd never eat tobacco. Bt drink teaevery day. Plzz give me suggestion. How can I got white teeth. N plzz sugest a good toothpaste also. Thnx.
One of my Molar tooth is half broken. One dentist told me the other half needs to be removed and replace it by using metal screw and artificial molar on top of existing base kindly confirm the best solution ?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.