Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shelly KapoorYour feedback matters!
I just had one day period but I don't have any other pregnancy symptoms. So wat does one day period mean.
She is not getting her periods fr more than 2 days in her cycle that too not heavy, further she is gaining weight too. She had 2 ipill one each last 2 months nd also has hormonal trouble in past. Could it be pregnancy? The periods happen every month but only flr two days with brownish thing and some blood. Please help.
Can anyone one tell me that without prescription from doctor then also urine test will be made for pregnancy test in lab? Or should we have to consult doctor bcz my girlfriend is just 20 years I don't want trouble to her? And is it illegal to do so.
The time we hve sex while intercoursing her vagina pain so I am not able to intercourse.Please tell.
Hello Mam actually I am 22 year old girl since beginning of my periods they r irregular I had tests all r normal so please suggest medicine so that I get the cycle regularly in every month.
Hello sir/ma'am, I am married and a mother of a daughter but our sex life is going down day by day. The sex period is very less of my husband only 2-3 minutes. in that we both are not satisfied. How to rise the sex timing please let me know. Please fully thanking you.
After conceiving how many days after the symptoms start? Does it start immediately after the fertilization.
My wife has missed her date. She's pregnant 1 month 10 days we have planned to abort it n that when we got to know about this unwanted kit. Can you tell us how to use unwanted kit.
I want sex with my wife. With out having condom and I do not want to use any medicine after having sex to prevent pregnancy. She will get periods in between 14 to 19 days. Which days is safe not get pregnancy to have sex without using condom.
Mujhe periods ki bahut dikkat he mc regular nhi hoti 1 ya 2 month gap ho jata he to uske liye mujhe koi solutions do aap pls.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
She told me that she is not feeling comfortable after she became physical with her boyfriend and she is not felling well is she pregnant.please help
1. Know the friends or people who tend to wear you out, and deliberately limit the time you spend with them.
2. Be aware of how your thought patterns change throughout the day, and challenge these thought patterns when they’re harsh or negative.
3. Recognise that it is normal to struggle with your feelings, and feelings can be fickle – so don’t let them rule your life.
4. Set some personal goals that use your talents and your gifts. It’s good to stretch ourselves, and to be all that we can be.
5. Be gentle with yourself when you are anxious, tired and stressed. Be kind, and understanding – and give yourself a break.
6. Self-nurturing is crucial for a healthy self esteem. You need to treat yourself as you would treat a special friend.
7. Remember: we ALL fail. It’s just normal part of life. What matters is you’re learning and you’re changing over time.
During the 1st month of age, I fed my baby every 2 hrs in a day. She is in 2nd month now. Do I continue feeding like this? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
I had sex on 1st of feb and had my last periods on 10th jan. While having sex the condom broke and I do not know where the piece of condom had gone. Is there chances of pregnancy if I do not take ipill cause it causes my hormonal change and the total cycle changes because of that. Please guide me what should I do?
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.