Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShaliniYour feedback matters!
Sir, My wife age 28 conceived few months ago every thing was well but after 8 weeks when TV scan done then no heart beat was found of the child now she is again pregnant after 4 week we done the TV scan and found the no fetal pole present please give me the solution.
My scheduled period was on 15th Dec 2016. Which I missed. My ovulation date was 1-Dec-2016. I have done UPT today early morning and its showing very very light line. Close to ignorable. Please suggest what inference should I derive from this. When can I be sure I am pregnant or not.
My periods got late 15 days. I am not pregnant. please suggest me some medicine for immediate and suggest me treatment also. Because facing it often.
In this modern times many are leading busy fast paced lifestyles that are very effective for achieving career goals. However other areas of life can and do suffer as a result particularly that of health. In order to achieve few ways can be followed
1. Drink plenty of water: the importance of maintaining hydration is key in all areas of health. Not doing so not only affects energy and concentration levels but also can lead to further illness or exacerbation of existing ones.
2. Deep diaphragmatic breathing: just five slow diaphragmatic breaths has a profound effect on both physical and psychological state almost instantly, as in case of stress.
3. Regular exercise: that means spending for 10 to 15 minutes of regular stretching and strengthening exercises in stipulated time period.
4. Meditation: it could be done anywhere and at anytime as it requires simple practice of being mindful.
5. Positive focus: negative thinking can be most draining things as it doesn't have to be. To change it effectively with thought patterns with enough focus and consistency as it brings positive outcomes.
I have irregular periods problem, is that due to thyroid, I am using thyroid medicine from two months, now also it is irregular.
I am 17 weeks pregnancy. .during pregnancy Its assure my baby is good until I had any spotting or heavy bleeding. Is this statement is right or wrong? Pls give your suggestion.
What do I do to moisturize my vagina as I hav dry vagina so because of dryness it is too much itchy in night.
Hi, I am 28 years old and I got married 7 months back and my periods are irregular from 2 months, so please suggest what should I do?
I am 22 now and I have been diagnosed by PCOS since I was 18 years old. I took medication for 6-8 months, after which my cycles has been regular for few years. But now I am facing irregularities and pelvic pressure since a month. Why would this be happening?
I delivered a baby before 6 months and it was through operation and not a normal delivery. Me and my husband were not physically involved after delivery. Is it safe now for a relation? Were my inside wounds healed?
My friend a 27 years old female experiencing all day long sleepiness for some time. This condition is noticeable for 1 week. She yawns for all day long and feel tired though she is not involved any kind of physical activity. A little excessive urine problem. And she experience a little abdomen pain before periods and timing varies. Bp is little low.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.
In monsoon all gets affected with the health conditions like allergies, cough, cold etc. Even when you are having your diet, it will be really important to be cautious about meal and choose the adequate type of meal that won’t make you sick.
- Avoid taking food from outside vendors as that might be infected by flies and bacteria
- Always try to take filtered water and warm drinks.
- Use a powerful insect repellent to hold mosquitoes away and prevent getting bitten.
- Where likely, try to avoid walking through rainy water. It can lead to numerous fungal diseases of the feet and heels.
- Keep the items like umbrella, rain coat etc when you are going out.
- Take moderately hot food and drinks in this monsoon.
- Keep away the children to play in the rain and rainy water.
- Avoid colds and coughs by keeping your body moderately hot and dry.
- Don’t go in air conditioned rooms with wet hair and damp apparels.
- If you suffer from asthma or diabetes, avoid residing any place with wet walls. It encourages the development of fungus and can be especially hurtful.
- Drink many of heating herbal teas, particularly those with antibacterial properties.