Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShaliniYour feedback matters!
What are the signs of ovulation for ladies? What is the time frame for the highest chances of pregnancies? Days particularly after 15 days of the period with considering the first day as bleeding? The best time to have sex for My wife's getting pregnant would be after 10 days of periods with first day of bleeding included? Please suggest. Thanks in advance. I am much confused. I get news answers from every doctors. And yah my wife's periods are irregular. It extends up to 5-10 days. It keeps on changing. Please advise me.
I am 30 yr old. I am married and I have a 5 yr old girl baby. Before my Delkivery I was having irregular periods but after my ceasaerian I am bleeding all time. Its almost 5 yrs even now I have bleedings at time but it lasts for 3 months continuously. And when I get white discharge I smell some foul smell and feel very uncomfortable. I am also 87kgs now. Can you pls suggest me something so that I can proceed wtih that.
I am asking this question for my friend. That he is in a doubt. Will precum cause pregnancy? As he had sex with his girlfriend without any safety measures. If so what are the methods to prevent pregnancy. Now it is the third week.
Hello sir/ma'am, I am 22 years old. I am in a relationship for 2 years. We both are ready for physical intercourse. But we are afraid of unwanted pregnancy. What should we do to avoid this and continue our love.
I had femilon for 21 days from 4th Oct to 24th Oct and in between had unprotected sex when I am supposed to have period.
What are the causes of excess bleeding During menstruation period? If bleeding is much more Dan it usually happens.
Menorrhagia refers to very heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding or periods in women. The bleeding is abnormal in nature, and if this continues for a long time, a hysterectomy surgery needs to be carried out to solve the problem.
Bleeding during the night time and passage of large blood clots during menstruation are other symptoms of Menorrhagia.
The various possible causes of this kind of heavy menstrual bleeding are:
Hormonal imbalance, specifically of estrogen and progesterone is a common cause, which is more likely in adolescents and in women nearing menopause. Dysfunction in the ovaries also causes hormonal imbalance.
Non-cancerous tumors or fibroids may also be responsible for menorrhagia.
Women suffering from a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy are likely to experience heavy menstrual bleeding.
Using blood thinners may lead to menorrhagia.
An intrauterine device used for birth control measures can cause disturbance and may lead to heavy menstruation.
A condition known as adenomyosis, where the glands in the uterus lining get embedded in the walls of the uterus, also causes menorrhagia.
Pelvic inflammatory diseases, infection in the uterus or fallopian tubes are other common causes.
Heavy bleeding may occur in patients with ovarian or cervical cancer.
Diseases of the kidney, liver or thyroid diseases may also cause menorrhagia.
Several tests and methods are carried out for the diagnosis of menorrhagia. They are:
A general physical examination.
Bleeding diary of the woman.
Blood tests to detect anemia or thyroid.
Pap Smear for the evaluation of cervical inflammation, infections or cancer
Ultrasound for evaluation of pelvic organs like uterus, ovaries and pelvis.
Hysteroscopy, where a camera is inserted into the uterus to observe the linings.
Sonohysterography, where a fluid gets instilled into the uterus along with an ultrasound test.
Certain drugs are used to treat menorrhagia. They include:
Iron supplements for treating anemia.
NSAIDS or non-steroidal anti-inflammatories for treating and reducing blood loss.
Tranexamic acid is used for reducing menstrual bleeding.
Several oral contraceptives are used for regulation of the menstrual cycle. Oral progesterone corrects hormonal imbalance and reduces bleeding.
Surgical procedures for treatment of menorrhagia include:
Hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, where uterus lining is scraped and evaluated.
Uterine artery embolization treats menorrhagia with fibroids.
Focused ultrasound ablation enables the killing of the fibroid tissue.
Myomectomy, endometrial ablation and endometrial resection are other surgical techniques.
Hysterectomy surgery is the penultimate solution, where the uterus, cervix or ovaries are completely removed.
Menorrhagia is characterized by abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding in women. This is quite unhealthy and proper measures must be taken for curing the heavy bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I came to Periods on 11th May. On 22nd May I made sex and On 8th June I came to Periods. But the bleeding was very low. That is the reason for low bleeding. Am I pregnant?
Can one have sex during pregnancy. Of the lady is having 21-22 weeks pregnancy. If yes how often can one do it. From which month one should stop having sex. What is the precautions one should take.
Falguni is married n hvng sex daily with her husband Still she is no getting pregnant from last 3 months. Is she having any sex problem or any other issue.
Hi If any women have release two mature agg, one of them fertilized, nd other is not. Then what happened?
Since last July, i've discovered two lumps in my breasts, one in because i'm only 20 years old, i'm trying to conceive myself that it is just some harmless stuff since i'm kind of, these last months, it started hurting just before my period begins and they grow larger, what should i do ? please help
I want to about ectopic pregnancy and it's treatment cost as I don't want to make child now so can you suggest me any suggestions how to know ectopic pregnancy and for cure any process Hcg blood report in one day from 1385 to 1568 some increase so it's normal or ectopic pregnancy and how to cure it soon.
Hi I am 20 years old four months back married 18/11/2016 my husband age 24 Is it we sex daily with out condom I have been missing period s irregular my lost period 05/12/2015 I los my period 02/01/2016. I checking pregnancy kit in home at 26/01/2016 result is negative I lost my next period also 30/01/2016 and 27/02/2016 also ten days onwards I have headache and nipples pain increase my breast also to day 14/03/2014 I checking pregnancy kit in home result is positive I do not no I am how many weeks pregnancy please tel me my sister suggest ultrasound test come original result. Is it true ar fall is please help me I have hove many weeks of pregnancy I don't no very well please tell me.
I was cuddling with my girlfriend and later on I inserted my penis 2-3 times without protection but did not ejaculate. Maybe I had a precum. She did not take any contraceptive. Also this was on 14th May. She got her periods 15 days later on 4th June as it was supposed to be on 20th May. She also have irregular periods. So does that mean she is pregnant? If so then what are the solutions. I am confused. Please help.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Undigested food that lurks around in the digestive tract produces a host of disorders due to intestinal distress. These disorders range from acidity to gastro-oesophageal reflux and even colon diseases like cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, gallstones, ulcers and Crohn's disease. Cramps, nausea, vomiting, loose motions, gas, and acidity are some of the most common symptoms that visit the patient as a result of such ailments. There are many ways of dealing with such intestinal distress, as follows :-
- Diet: Introduce plenty of fibre into your diet to aid the digestion process. This can cut the risk of many such ailments and also aid in the treatment of the same. Intestinal distress is largely caused by food that is still lurking around in the digestive tract, so it is important to clean out the digestive system with plenty of fibre and water.
- Nutrition for better Digestive System Health: Food that is rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and iron will help in creating a stronger system that cleanses the digestive tract and helps in reducing the production of excess acid in the stomach. A balanced diet with plenty of nutrition aids digestion and makes the immunity stronger.
- Study your Triggers: Watch out for foods that can trigger reflux action and other acidity related issues on the intake. These can include fatty food, fried and oily food as well as extremely spicy food. Stress is also a major trigger of intestinal distress, so it would be a good idea to avoid stressful situations or take medical help to deal with them in a better manner.
- Medication: Antacids and other medication to prevent the onset and growth of such distress can be sought out after due consultation with a medical practitioner. Medication will help in dealing with and altering the acid level production in the stomach.
- Surgery: In very extreme cases like ulcers and large size gallstones, surgery may be helpful so that you avoid rupturing the stomach's lining which can lead to a serious infection or even internal bleeding.
Knowing your triggers and getting into a better routine as far as your diet goes is as important as seeing a doctor about the severity of your case when it comes to intestinal distress.
To know more, take a private consultation today!