Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Seema
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SeemaYour feedback matters!
My friend got period on 31 dec. Nd she did sex on 28 Jan. Without precautions. Will she be pregnant. Rpy.
Can a girl get pregnant if she had sex in last day of her period? And what if she took a pill named unwanted 72' 5 times in 4 months? Will it affect her future pregnancy? Or cause any abnormalities in her child?
How to loose my weight after pregnancy and even tummy please guide me also my hairs r getting white what should I use?
I am 29 years having 2 years baby with normal delivery. having endometrial cyst of 3.8 on left ovary. I am having endosis 2 mg medicine content only dienogest from past 2 and half months to cure endometriosis cyst. From past two months my periods were on time and there were no side effects of medicine. I have never missed my periods. But this month first time I have missed my period it has been a week. Today I check pregnancy test but its negative as well. My 3 month course of medication ends on August 17 .My question is my having again pain on same left side. why? I use medicine regularly. Secondly is there any chance of pregnancy ?My period were always regular on time on 20th to 22th of every month but this time missed. please guide.
My friend is using overall tablet for irregular periods on regular course basis of 21 days which is consulted by a doctor. Is it ok to use the tablet continuously? is there is any side effects with those tablet by using it on regular basis. My doubt is that if the tablet changes the activities in a body and how harmful is that tablet to human that to especially for girls! please reply me on this. Thanks.
I had unprotected sex with my bf after her next day of her periods got over and I am not sure whether the sperm got inside my vagina or not but he did not ejaculate but may be pre ejaculation or drop of sperm may be got inside or not doctor I am not sure please tell there are any chances of pregnancy or something else please tell doctor.
I am at 7 weeks pregnant. I have slight pain in abdominal and vagina. I don’t have any bleeding or spotting. Any issues please let me know. I am really worried.
Androgens, or the male sex hormones are steroid hormones that mainly include Testosterone, Androstenedione, DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone), DHEA-S (Dehydroepiandrosterone- Sulfate). These hormones are produced in both males and females, and androgen is responsible for the secondary sexual characteristics in men. Androgen is also responsible for the synthesis of estrogen (a precursor for estrogen synthesis) in females. The hormone is also known to regulate the activities of a host of body organs including the reproductive tract (both in males and females).
In females, androgens (testosterone, in particular) are, however, produced in lesser quantities by the ovaries. The problem arises when the there is an elevated production of androgens in females, a condition termed as Hyperandrogenism. Mentioned below are some of the symptoms and complications indicative of Hyperandrogenism in women.
- Hair loss and alopecia: This is common in women with Hyperandrogenism. When there is an increased production of androgen, especially testosterone, some of the testosterone gets converted into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). A healthy hair growth cycle consists of three phases- Anagen (growth phase), Catagen (transitional hair growth phase), and Telogen (resting phase). The DHT produced get attached to the hair follicles, resulting in the hair follicles to enter into the Telogen phase prematurely with increased hair loss and alopecia.
- PCOS: The elevated levels of androgen also result in the formation of cysts in one or both the ovaries. The ovarian cysts often interfere with the ovulation process as the condition either stall the maturation of the eggs or the release of the matured eggs from the ovary fail to take place.
- Menstrual problems (irregular periods, heavy or scanty flow) and infertility are common in females with PCOS.
- Menstrual problems and abnormalities: Research suggests that elevated plasma androgen levels can significantly affect the menstrual cycle in females. Incidences of Amenorrhea (a condition whereby a woman has missed three or more successive menstrual cycles) and Oligomenorrhea (a condition where the menstrual cycle is often lighter and less frequent) are relatively higher in women with Hyperandrogenism.
- Hirsutism: Hirsutism is characterized by the presence of the excess body and facial hair in females (male pattern hair growth). Androgen plays a pivotal role in the regulation of the pilosebaceous unit along with the modulation of the hair growth. The pilosebaceous unit (the unit mainly includes the sebaceous glands and the hair follicles) is involved in the production of the sebum.
In females with Hyperandrogenism, the elevated androgen level contributes significantly towards increased production of terminal body hair as seen in males (increased facial hair, hair on the chest, arms, legs) resulting in Hirsutism.
Probable complications and problems Hyperandrogenism can cause
- Hyperandrogenism in females also triggers an elevated sebum production, resulting in acne and related skin problems.
- As already mentioned, androgen is responsible for secondary male sexual characteristics. Thus, females with Hyperandrogenism often exhibit Virilization or increased male characteristics.
- With Increased incidences of menstrual abnormalities and PCOS, Hyperandrogenism can eventually make it difficult for a woman to conceive.
- Females with Hyperandrogenism often suffer from obesity.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!