Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old. I have headache problems. I often get headaches and they are not normal as it starts with one side and then shifts from I side to other. Back to front, left to right. It doesn't stop if I don't take any medication. This even happens with my forehead but it starts from left side of some time right. With this my eye also hurts alot. I am even losing memory.
Sir from the last some days I am able to sleep well at night don't know what is the reason please suggest me what should I do.
I am 21 year old boy. When I drink cold water then it created the problem for me in terms of tonsil. Feeing bad because it happens 2 to 3 times I'm the month what should I do?
My sister sometimes say tat she sometimes gets a pain in her heart. She tokd me as if a current passes through sometimes. We evwn consulted a doc. Bt he said that there's no problem she juZ needs to avoid tension. What do you suggest?
I have pain in a stomach Whenever eat few things feel like stomach is full and feel I am gonna vomit it out Not able to poop easily, hard stools. What should i do?
From past two days am having shortness in breathing sometimes it complete sometimes short had been restless please suggest action ?
Sir mere papa ko tb hai so please mujhe batain unhe khane ke liye kya kya dena chahiye jisase unhki kamjori dur ho sake aur unhe sugar ki v problem hai.
I have diabetes last hba1c report is 10.0 I am taking human mixtard insulin taking morning 12 units and evening 5 unit. I have thyroid too. Taking thyronorm 75 mg tablet. What should I do reduce hba1c level?
I am suffering from cold for 4 years. I met doctor they said me that it permanent. I want solution for it.
A person is suffering from anemia, what type of food he or she has to take so that she can get sufficient amount of Iron?
Contraceptive methods of birth control are usually quite successful. By these methods, you can enjoy your sex without the worry of pregnancy. Modern technology has led to the formulation of avid techniques of contraception; some are temporary and the others permanent. However, no matter how well these methods work, almost all of them have got a variety of side effects on your body and health.
Here is a list of different modes of contraception and the side effects they may cause:
- Intra Uterine Device: A device is fitted into the uterus, which does not cause pregnancy. An effective method with the following side effects:
- There is a risk of the device falling off.
- This causes puncture in the uterus.
- The device made of copper may lead to menstrual cramps and spotting.
- Depo Provera Hormonal Injection: This mode of contraception involves taking an injection, which restricts pregnancy for a period of three months. The side effects are:
- Gaining of extra weight, fatigue.
- Decrease of bone density.
- Menstrual bleeding along with spotting takes place.
- Birth Control Pills: Birth control pills are one of the most common and most effective ways of birth control or contraception. However, several side effects may be observed.
- Causes nausea, headaches and blood clots in very rare cases.
- In case you use other prescribed medicines along with birth control pills, severe damage may be inflicted.
- Condoms: Effective condoms are made of latex or polyurethane. Unrolled, condoms look like long, thin balloons. They prevent body fluids from mixing when two people have sex. The condom is put onto the penis before the penis comes into contact with the vagina, mouth, or anus. General Tips:
- Use a water based lubricant to decrease the chance of the condom breaking.
- To decrease the chance of the condom slipping down the penis or falling off inside the vagina, pull the penis out of the vagina right after ejaculation.
- Hold the rim of the condom onto the shaft of the penis during withdrawal.
- Never use more than one condom at a time.
- Never re-use a condom.
- Vaginal Ring: Mode of contraception is very effective. It also helps in making menstrual periods of women much lighter and in continuity. The side effects are:
- May cause nausea and headache.
- There is a vast increase in appetite
- There is a risk of blood clot formation.
- Diaphragm: A very successful mode of contraception where a diaphragm is inserted and fitted into the vagina. The negatives of this mode are:
- It may get out of place during sex and is likely to cause damage
- The process can be a mess
- Causes urinary infections
- Hormonal implants: This long term method of birth control is an effective one. The side effects are:
- A surgery is required where rods are inserted under your skin. This might be risky surgery.
- If you want to remove it, again another surgery has to be carried out.
- An Infection may develop in the area where the thin rods are inserted.
All modes of contraception irrespective of their effectiveness have got some side effects on your health. Hence, you must choose them wisely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.