Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep ChauhanYour feedback matters!
I am 58 year old lady. I am suffering from severe pain in my heels for past one month. When I get up in the morning it is difficult to walk. I am also a patient of hypothyroidism and take eltroxine 100mg in the morning. Ialso take sheical 500 and neurobion forte. Please advise how to get rid of the pain in my heels. Should I take thuja 1000 ?
I am suffering from osteo arthritis in my knees and also my weight is about 85 kgs my height 5'6" my age is 58 years pls advice me suitable treatment.
I am 26 years old. In my right hand and some other places of my body little part have been swollen. It is there from last 5 years. It is not paining. Is it harmful? Help me.
My friend has no pain in leg but when ever he sit down and get up he get a sound in his leg. What should he do? Please advise.
Hi this is Ben. I havenjoy stiff calf muscles on my left left and have knew pain when I squat. There I should also have numbness in the left toe and heel. Is this something to worry. . Is it due to weight. ?
I am 68 years male. Feel lack of strength, flexibility,balance. And pain below heel. May kindly help me.
My work requires me to sit infrontvof a computer for long hours continuously. I have been doing it since last 2 years. But, from the last month I have been suffering from severe neck pain and eye pain when I try to get into my work. Tried various home remedies but didn't work. Please help me.
My mother 48 years old before she getting pain knee after Ayurvedic treatment & acupuncture it stop but after some days legs veins started paining.
Hello I'm having upper back right side pain since 1 year. Just mri and doctor said only nerve compress I'm taking medicine but still not getting relief. When I'm trying to sleep my upper back hurt. Pain every time feels like deep pain inside. something more serious rather then nerve pain. please help. I'm having insulin resistance and hormonal imbalance weight gain also very fast.
Hi sir I have constant back pain problem since last 4 month my age is just 25 ,pain is throbbing in nature and aggravated by prolonged sitting like 3 or 4 constant sitting hour, please suggest me something like remedies I do not want analgesics.
I am 41years old and suffering from back pain, no sensation on my left thai since last two years, so please advice what should I do?
My bones are paining very much and there is severe pain in joints. Also there is more hair fall. Please suggest me some home remedies.
M 22 years old and I am having severe backbone pain I have consulted many doctor but still shaving pain please tell me some cure.
If you have a desk job that involves sitting right in front of your computer throughout the day or for a major part of the day, you could be unknowingly putting yourself at augmented risk of reduced hip mobility. The hips are one of the major muscles in your body that are used in a number of activities you do everyday.
Causes of Hip Immobility-
1. Sitting for long hours at the same place and working. This is common to people who work in front of the computer screens for extended hours continuously.
2. Toxic Synovitis, which is an inflammation of the hip joint. It causes pain and stiffness.
3. Juvenile Arthritis
4. Rheumatoid arthritis
5. Tendinitis or inflammation of the tendons that causes severe discomfort in movement
6. Ankylosing spondylitis that mainly affects the spine. It can cause extreme pain and discomfort in the movement of the hips. This makes it difficult to sit, stand or lie down.
8. Fractures and breakage
9. Muscle and tissue ruptures near the hip region
10. Sprains and strains
11. Lack of proper blood circulation
12. Pain and injuries in the lower back region which can spread to the hip, causing stiffness and swelling
Physiotherapy for Hip Mobility-
Physiotherapy alias physical therapy is considered as one of the fastest growing allied areas of present generation medicine. Being an important rehabilitative service needed in a community and a vital therapeutic supplement of the medical profession, it's the treatment of diseases and disabilities using physical exercises, heat radiations, cold therapy, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and therapeutic massage.
As doctors, physiotherapists or physical therapists are essential in helping the patient to recover and rehabilitate from a state of incapacity, due to genetic defect or the result of an accident or an illness. Physiotherapy for Hip Mobility involves certain exercises. Below give are some of the most common exercises for hip mobility-.
Lying Hip Rotations. One has to lie on the back on a padded mat, then put one leg over the other, exactly over the knee on one’s lower thigh. Now, use either a towel or the hands to get to the leg that is placed below and without hyperextending, slowly pull this leg’s knee closer to the chest.
Butterfly Movements and The Frog Posture.
The Kneeling Lunge. Here, one has to lunge forward with one knee on a padded mat. Then position the foot carefully beyond the knee that is put forward. Place your hands over the knees; straighten hip of the rear leg while leaning with the hips forward. Hold this particular stretch and repeat with the opposite side.
The Squatting Position.
The Pigeon Posture. In this, your knees need to be right below the hip on the padded mat. Then lower the outer side of the right buttock to the mat. You have to position your right heel in such a manner that it is exactly in front of the left hip. Hold this stretch for about 5-6 breaths and exhale deeply through the nose.
Bending forwards or backwards, guided and assisted by a physiotherapist.
Hot compresses on the area of inflammation.
Ice packs can also be applied alternately on the spot of injury.
Massage helps to regulate blood circulation and is an important part of physiotherapy.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.