Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.M. Sharma
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. S.M. SharmaYour feedback matters!
My father has a severe back pain. Doctor says the nerves are pressed and he needs complete bed rest. He can't walk straight. He has to bend and walk with support of chair or stick. Any solution.
Meri spine ke right side waist k pas hamesha dard bna rhta hai. Chahe aage jhooka ya pichhe ya chlne pr hr wqt. Agr train me continuously 7-8 ghanta baith jao to wha hlka sujan aa jata hai. Agar kabhi dard jyda bdh jata hai to phir pure right leg me bhi dard suru ho jata hai.
BEST EXERCISE TO EASE BACK PAIN : SPINAL ROLLING
Fold a bath towel double and place it on a carpeted area of floor to roll on. Do not attempt to roll in bed.
· Lower yourself down carefully to lie on your back on the floor.
· Gather up both thighs and link your fingers under them.
· Lift up your head and neck so your low makes a wide rounded ‘u’ shape on the floor. ( To help keep your upper trunk forward you may need to bend both elbows out to the side as you hold your legs.) The stiffer you are the more difficult it will be get into this position.
· Once in position, rock gently back and forth along the spine with small amplitude movements.· Attempt to pivot on the stiff link in your spine which will be obvious by its ‘bruised bone’ tenderness as you roll over it.
· Use your legs for leverage. As you straighten them out they alter your weight distribution and make it easier to tip towards the lower end of the spine. If you keep your legs bunched up on your chest it will focus the rolling towards the upper end of the spine and require more jerking effort of your head to bring it down to the lower end.
· Continue for 15-30 seconds, trying to relax as much as possible as you do it. Let the gentle rocking motion mesmerize you.
· To rest, put one foot on the floor, and then the other, leaving both knees crooked. Do not put your legs down flat.
· Resume at one minute intervals and repeat up to five times.
· This is not an easy exercise to overdo. Cramp of the tummy muscles may be only thing that stops you.