Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rk LahiyaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 4 month old, is phenomenal vaccine is necessary for her. Is it good if I can gave her this vaccine. Also after this vaccine it is painful and coming fever like DTPA vaccine. Please let me know.
Hi, I'm actually 14 years old, I'm a girl and I really need some advice now. So I have no boyfriend since birth then I don't usually go out in the house and I spent much more time with my family than friends. And I have this weird feeling that I'm pregnant, cause my nipples hurts when they're slightly touched and I have nausea early in the morning, abdominal pain, frequent urination, Thirst or a very dry mouth, Difficulty breathing and a blurred vision when I stand up, But then I also doubt that I have DKA (diabeticketoacidosis) Cause I searched in google and seems I have it's symptoms, I'm really confused, afraid and scared right now.
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
My baby is 11 week old. On her 11th week, as per vacation schedule doctor gave rotavirus drops. But as soon as the drops was given she had vomited everything. Doctor told medicine would have gone inside. But I'm worried whether it would gone inside or not. So please tell me whether it had gone inside or not.
Hi, My daughter is three months old. We found poop in her stool from last 03 days and from yesterday she toilets 07 time and out of 07 we found 06 times poop in her toilet. I want to know is poop normal in little babies? It is in white color. Please reply soon we are afraid of this.
My 6.5yrs old boy is very thin and short.Hes not gainin weight since his birth.He had multiple probs wen hewas born like his lungs were not functioning.Wsonly 1kg at d time of his birth. At present his weight(11kg) is very less compared to.His age.So plz tel me wat to do to gain his weight n height
Hi, My son is 18 month old and had chicken pot vaccination today after few hours of vaccination in his right hip his right hand also not moving well. Is the same a relevant after vaccination impact?
Fever remains the most common concern prompting parents to present their child to the emergency department. Fever has traditionally been defined as a rectal temperature over 100.4 F or 38 C. Temperatures measured at other body sites are usually lower. The threshold for defining a fever does vary significantly among different individuals, since body temperatures can vary by as much as 1 F. Low-grade fevers are usually considered less than 102.2 F (39 C).
Fever itself is not life-threatening unless it is extremely and persistently high, such as greater than 107 F (41.6 C) when measured rectally. Risk factors for worrisome fevers include age under 2 years (infants and toddlers) or recurrent fevers lasting more than one week. Fever may indicate the presence of a serious illness, but usually a fever is caused by a common infection, most of which are not serious. The part of the brain called the hypothalamus controls body temperature. The hypothalamus increases the body's temperature as a way to fight the infection. However, many conditions other than infections may cause a fever.
Fever in Children - Causes:
Causes of fever include:
- Bacterial infections
- Viral infections, like influenza (the "flu")
- Illicit drugs
- illnesses related to heat exposure
- Rarely, inflammatory diseases
When to seek medical care:
- The child is younger than 6 months of age (regardless of prematurity).
- One is unable to control the fever.
- One suspects a child may become dehydrated from vomiting, diarrhea, or not drinking (for example, the child has sunken eyes, dry diapers, tented skin, cannot be roused, etc.).
- The child has been to a doctor but is now getting worse or new symptoms or signs have developed.
Although you may have done your best to care for your child, sometimes it is smart to take your child to the emergency department. The child's doctor may meet you there, or the child may be evaluated and treated by the emergency doctor.
Take a child to an emergency clinic when any of the following happen:
- One has serious concerns and is unable to contact the child's doctor.
- One suspects the child is dehydrated.
- A seizure occurs.
- The child has a purple or red rash.
- A change in consciousness occurs.
- The child's breathing is shallow, rapid, or difficult.
- The child is younger than 2 months of age.
- The child has a headache that will not go away.
- The child continues to vomit.
- The child has complex medical problems or takes prescription medications on a chronic basis (for example, medications prescribed for more than two weeks' duration)
Home Remedies for Fever in Children:
The three goals of home care for a child with fever are to control the temperature, prevent dehydration, and monitor for serious or life-threatening illness.
- The first goal is to make the child comfortable by reducing the fever below 102 F (38.9 C) with medications and appropriately dressing the child. A warm water bath can also be helpful .
- To check a child's temperature, one will need a thermometer. Different types of thermometers are available, including glass, mercury, digital, and tympanic (used in the ear).
- Glass thermometers work well but may break, and they take several minutes to get a reading.
- Digital thermometers are inexpensive and obtain a reading in seconds.
- Oral temperatures may be obtained in older children who are not mouth breathing or have not recently consumed a hot or cold beverage.
- Monitoring and documenting the fever pattern is achieved using a thermometer and a handmade chart.
- Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are used to reduce fever.
- Follow the dosage and frequency instructions printed on the label.
- Remember to continue to give the medication over at least 24 hours or the fever will usually return.
- Children should not be overdressed indoors, even in the winter.
- Overdressing keeps the body from cooling by evaporation, radiation, conduction, or convection.
- The most practical solution is to dress the child in a single layer of clothing, then cover the child with a sheet or light blanket.
- A sponge bath in warm water will help reduce a fever.
- Such a bath is usually not needed but may more quickly reduce the fever.
- Put the child in a few inches of warm water, and use a sponge or washcloth to wet the skin of the body and arms and legs.
- The water itself does not cool the child. The evaporation of the water off the skin cools the child. So, do not cover the child with wet towels, which would prevent evaporation.
- Contrary to the popular folk remedy, never apply alcohol in a bath or on the skin to reduce fever. Alcohol is usually dangerous to children.
- The second goal is to keep the child from becoming dehydrated. Humans lose extra water from the skin and lungs during a fever.
- Encourage the child to drink clear fluids but without caffeine (and not water). Water does not contain the necessary electrolytes and glucose. Other clear fluids are chicken soup, other rehydrating drinks available at the grocery or drugstore.
- A child should urinate light-colored urine at least every four hours if well hydrated.
- If diarrhea or vomiting prevents one from assessing hydration, seek medical attention.
- The third goal is to monitor the child for signs of serious or life-threatening illness.
- A good strategy is to reduce the child's temperature below 102 F (39 C).
- Also, make sure the child is drinking enough clear fluids .
- If both these conditions are met and the child still appears ill, a more serious problem may exist.
- If a child refuses to drink or has a concerning change in appearance or behavior, seek medical attention.
My son 9 years old is suffering from atopic dermatitis since birth, I have tried both Allopathy and homeopathy treatment from so called famous doctors in this fields, but in vain. Have conducted all necessary allergy test, and all result were negative except a marginal allergy to cows milk. However cows milk has been stopped but still the allergy persists. My experience is he gets this allergy when there is season change .pl. Suggest Thanks.
My baby is 2 years old. I want to ask you that after 2 year which vaccine will b given to him and wts its cost?
My child is 9 day old she is suffering from cold from the beginning of her birth. Can help me pls .I'm very far from city.
My daughter gets stomach ache during first two days of menstruation cycle. What steps should be taken to relieve her of the pain?
I am a 23 years old man and I believe I am suffering from adhd for the last 6 years it has had negative impact on my studies and my social life I am able to concentrate on my studies my mind keeps on wondering to random thoughts, I procrastinate work too much, I cant sit still and breathe easy, there is a feeling of something brewing in the area just below my stomach and above the rectum, I over think a lot mostly about negative thoughts what should the course of treatment for me?
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc
Pl suggest which infant formula is best for my baby, Nusobee, nan or lactogen? She is a girl and has completed 6 months on 10th of this month. My pediatrician suggested me to give her lactogen 2 and cerelac wheat Apple.
My daughter has diabetes and gas issue she is taking insulator from last 2 years she can not walk suggest the food she should take to have control on diabetes.
Hello, I am Dr Mangesh Chandewar. I have done post graduation diploma course in community medicines.
Today's topic is the importance of vaccination.
Vaccination is a biological molecule which is injected either through the injections, orally or through sprays. This helps us to create immunity against most of the infections.
Why vaccine is so important?
Even though we try to maintain good hygiene, cleanliness, sanitation, but still we can not prevent infection and the diseases caused by such infections. Right from the birth when delivery occurs, the baby comes in contact with the environment which is highly infected. This is like TB, Tuberculosis, which is more prevelent in India and we want to save our baby. Then right from the birth, the vaccines like BCG which is helpful in developing immunity against tuberculosis.
As per the National Immunization schedule and as per the WHO, we shoul give basic immunization, also called vaccination to the baby in order to develop immunity against the diseases.
What are the reasons to vaccinate the child?
If we do not give vaccination, it is not like the baby is going to infect but we can prevent most of the infections. If we do not give vaccination, the disease or infections can cause serious consequences rather than the vaccines. Vaccines are safer because they are being evaluated through the various phases during the clinical tria;. And also when it comes in the market.
Since they are very safe, they hardly have any side effect or consequences. and if any of the serious consequence occurs due to vaccination, that happens once in millions, so that they can immediately be taken care of. And teh action is taken according to the condition. My aim to get every baby vaccinated by birth, till the age of 5 years, all the vaccines should be appropriately given according to the proper age group. And the vaccines which are given after 5 years as and when required, once should get vaccinated.
In adults, when there is endemic or epidemic for any infections, say in 2010 swine flu was there, one should get treated as early as possible and should get vaccinated so that the disease should not be reoccured. The maximum number of people get vaccinated against infections. The community get the hard immunity. Accordingly we can prevent the disease throughout the community not only the individuals. This will help our country to fight against the diseases ans the infections.
This is all the basic immunisation and the vaccinations, I talked about. There are otther infection also, such as dog bite and other infections as well which can be vaccinated.
There are so many vaccines in the trials for so many life threatning diseases. As and when you get the chance, you can discuss it with the famly physician or any other doctor.
In order to know about the different vaccines. the appropriate age groups for the vaccines, or the side effects or any other vaccine related querry.you can contact me through Lybrate.