Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ram Chandar MalikYour feedback matters!
I am 27 year old male. I used to have no breakfast daily and I frequently get headache daily at the end of the day, the headache that I get is all over the forehead but not to a side of the forehead.
My husband had stomach ache. Nd had hep b and c test, urine test, sonography. He was having e colic grown in urine culture. He had anti gen hep b test and antibody hep c.Both r negative. His sgpt is 166. Other thing r normal. Cn you please tell that there cn b hep or any other serious problem. Or it will be normal.
Hello Dr. I used panderm plus for a while like a week. Not like rest of the cream it showed good results in the very first day itself. Can I use it for months?
What is d-bole anabolic tablets are? My age 21 height 163cm 63 weight. And am in body building frm last 1 half years and now am planing to take anabolic and one of my friend suggested me about this d-bole anabolic. But little bit I'm concern about this so I need some advice on this. Whats the advantage and disadvantages of this anabolic on me will it will effect anything in my sexual life because yet am not married hehe. So please help me out.
I am a 22 Yr old boy. I had been suffering from sinus infection for more than 10 years. In dust, pollen season and winter, water like fluid continue to secretes from nose. I have tried in both homeopathy and allopathy but in vain. What should I do now? If operation is any solution to this problem.
I have neck pain from the last week. What is the reason for that. Not a simple neck pain some it feel weight for my shoulder. What I have to do or it will be ready automatically.
My wife and me both are working professional. We stay in separate cities. We meet on Sunday only. We generally have sex 4-5 time on that only and then next week. I hope it's okay, is there any limit for a day. Can I increase my no. Or I should decrease.
Nose bleeding happens because of the presence of large amount of blood vessels in the nose.
Most common reasons for nose bleeding are nose picking, trauma, low levels of Vitamin K, Vitamin C, colds and allergies and nose lining getting dry along with so many other reasons.
Above 40 years of age bleeding nose is to be taken with suspicion.
But there are ways with the help of which it can be prevented and stopped.
Let’s first learn how it can be instantly stopped.
- Sit comfortably: When your nose starts bleeding, you should sit in a comfortable position. Do not stand or lie down because in these positions, blood may pass on to your throat which could be harmful. Tilt your face forward and let a piece of cloth soak in all the blood.
- Hold the nose: During nose bleeding, one should hold and pinch the nose for at least 10 minutes continuously. If it still doesn’t stop then hold it for 5-7 minutes more. Holding or pinching the nose stops bleeding by direct pressure on the nose.
- Apply ice: This can be a great way of instantly stopping nose bleeding. Ice usually shrinks and tightens the blood vessels because of which bleeding stops. Ice should preferably be applied on cheeks and root of nose.
- No anxiety: Bleeding is a safety valve, specially, in hypertensive patients. If nose doesn't bleed than brain would bleed. It's better nose to bleed than brain.
Nose bleeding can be prevented by taking the following measures:
- Elevate the head end while resting.
- Do not blow or scratch nose forcefully.
- Keep blood pressure in control.
- Avoid smoking because it delays the healing process.
- Make sure the room you sleep in isn’t dry. Keep a check on the humidity of the room, especially, in winter electric heaters dry up air. Keep a mug of water in room.
- Need to take special care in winters because the nose lining gets dry mostly. Apply Vaseline or oil or Ghee.
- Drink plenty of water and citrus food like oranges, lemon, sweet lime, Indian gooseberry to keep your nose moist and strengthen blood vessels.
- Do not overuse cold and allergy medicines.
If I eat oe drink anything which is cold like Ice cream or cool drink immediately I'll have throat infection and have severe pain in my throat.
I have been suffering from cold and cough since last 6 days, what are the best home remedies for this?
I am suffering from cough and child around for a week and also feeling tired. Give me solution how to cure from this disease.
Although there is no cure for a sore throat caused by a cold virus, there are ways to help you feel more comfortable. Drinking warm liquids, gargling with warm salt water, sucking on ice chips, or taking an over-the-counter medicine may relieve symptoms of pain or fever. When you are sick with a cold, it is also important to get enough rest, eat a healthy diet, and drink plenty of fluids.
My son is 13 year old. He has a problem of sweating in his palms in summers it is very difficult for him to write. I consult to many doctors but after some time problem starts again. please suggest something.
The kidneys are the main excretory organs and remove all toxins and wastes from the body in a liquid medium, the urine. The urine is normally straw coloured as there are filters which do not allow blood to enter the kidneys. However, due to various reasons, when there is a disease in the urinary tract, red blood cells can escape into the urine. The urine then assumes a pinkish tinge; the exact colour would depend on the amount of blood leaked. While the thought of pinkish urine is scary, it becomes a bigger concern when seen in children. Read on to know a little more about the types, causes, and ways to manage this condition.
- Microscopic: When there is blood visible only through a microscope. This is quite common in children, and unless there is no accompanying kidney disease, it does not pose a problem when found occasionally.
- Gross: It is when the color of the urine changes to a pinkish tinge. This is of concern and requires immediate attention.
There are various reasons and some of them are listed below
- Inherited causes: Conditions like sickle cell disease, polycystic kidney disease, Kidney stones and inherited nephritis.
- Structural causes: Cysts in the kidneys can cause hematuria
- Trauma: An injury (to the abdominal area) during sports should be ruled out, which could have damaged the problem
- Infections: Infections along the entire urinary tract right from glomerulonephritis to kidneys to bladder can cause blood in the urine
- Imbalances in minerals: High levels of serum calcium, which puts them at a higher risk of developing kidney stones later. Dietary calcium should be reduced. These children also could have a history of stones in the family.
- Idiopathic: When the cause of the hematuria is not known, it is termed idiopathic.
Hematuria is an indication or a symptom of an underlying medical condition (be it infection or trauma) and the underlying cause always needs complete evaluation. Accompanying symptoms can help narrow down the diagnosis. If any inherited cause is suspected, presence of hematuria should always be assessed in parents and grandparents.
- Check for history of trauma
- Known prior kidney disease
Symptoms of infection
- Family medical history
- Urine tests to analyse its composition
- Urine culture, MRI, CT scanning, or biopsy may be required in more serious cases.
When to worry?
- Associated proteinuria
- Microscopic hematuria which is persistent
- Kids with high blood pressure
- Kids with other existing kidney diseases
In most cases, no specific treatment for hematuria is required as the condition subsides after the underlying problem is addressed. For instance, once the infection clears, the hematuria also clears. Follow-up urine tests may be required to confirm that it is cleared. Blood in urine must always be evaluated by pediatric nephrologist as its causes range from very mild disease to rapidly evolving kidney failure, which may occur over days to weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.