Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajneesh Kachhara
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajneesh KachharaYour feedback matters!
Migraine is a severe headache affecting 1 or more in 10 people, and is basically caused by excessive stimulation of blood vessels. Indigestion, anger, stress, intake of salty and spicy food, excessive exposure to sunlight, skipping meals, tension headaches and alcohol are some common causes of this intolerable headache. Ayurveda has numerous effective remedies for migraine. Here are a few solutions to help you fight this problem.
- Shirolepa and shiro dhara are popularly used ayurveda treatments on all types of migraine patients. Shirolepa is the application of effective herbal pastes containing camphor, sandalwood, jatamansi and many more on the affected area. Shiro dhara is the process of pouring stream of thin to thick liquids over the scalp for a specified amount of time. These remedies are very commonly used and are known for their successful healing properties.
- Ayurveda presents to you a number of ancient herbs that guarantee you 100 percent relief from migraine. These may include bala, kumari, mallika, amalaki, sariva, yastimadhu, hareetaki and many more. These, when blended and mixed in appropriate quantities, give amazing results.
- Apart from these ayurveda treatments, a number of ayurveda medicines are also available. Godnati bhasma, Chandrakala rasa, Kamadugha rasa (mouktika yukta), Bhoonimbadi khada , Shirashooladi vajra rasa, Pathyadi khada are used in the treatment of various types of migraines.
- If due to some reason you are unable to access these ayurveda treatments and want immediate relief from the severe headaches, then don’t worry. There are a number of ayurveda home remedies that give you excellent results in a very short period of time. You can use an ice pack and rub it on your temples to reduce pain. Tinospora cordifolia, commonly known as giloy, can be taken with raw honey for instant relief.
- You can drop a few drops of paste of saffron and ghee into each of your nostrils and inhale deeply. This can give you amazing results and can reduce your intolerable pain. Applying sandalwood on forehead or a paste of black pepper, rice with bringaraaja juice on your forehead will do wonders to your migraine pain.
Thus, try to avoid things that trigger your pain including alcohol, caffeine, onions, beans, nuts, hunger, stress, pressure and many others, and follow these remedies to help you get rid of your headache that gets worse with time. Try not to skip meals and keep your body hydrated as much as you can. It is advisable to take the medicines and treatments under the guidance of an Ayurveda physician.
Headaches are generally classified into two main types: primary headaches and secondary headaches. A migraine, which is a disabling, recurring headache that frequently occurs only on one side of the head and often results in other symptoms, is one type of primary headache. Other primary headaches include cluster and tension headaches. Tension-type headaches are the most common headache, and are often experienced as mild, dull pressure without other accompanying symptoms. Cluster headaches, which are less common than migraines or tension headaches, usually bring severe pain (sometimes described as ?stabbing? pain) behind one eye, and may be accompanied by redness and nasal congestion.
The most powerful and amazing organ in our body is the brain. It differs from many other organs of our body not only by its shape, but also by its special type of cell called neurons. When these cells gets affected or dead it can never be reverted or regenerated which is the most exclusive nature found only in brain cells. The cells in other parts of our body has the capacity to regenerate (can be replaced or new one can be grown or produced), but brain cells are exception. Hence any damage to the brain, injury or trauma is really a crucial thing to be considered with utmost care.
Brain surgeries really need skill, proper training, confidence and intelligence to perform this highly complicated and risky surgery.
Brain surgeries are performed to:
- Remove the brain tissues that are grown abnormally
- Aneurysm is clipped to prevent flow of blood cliff off an aneurysm
- Biopsy purpose or to remove the tumour
- Make a nerve free
- Drain the abnormal blood or clot collection or to drain any excessive fluid collection caused by infection.
- To implant artificial electronic device as a treatment for conditions like Parkinson’s disease
- Biopsy: A part of brain tissue is removed for the brain or whole tumour is removed.
- Craniotomy: The skull bone is opened to remove tumour, an aneurysm and drain fluid or blood from infection.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: Endoscopic devices are inserted through the nose to remove the lesions or tumour.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy: Similar to endonasal surgery but small incision is made.
- Anaesthesia risks like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction to medications, excessive bleeding or clots and infection.
- Risk related to the brain surgeries are seizures, coma, swelling of brain, infection to brain or meanings, surgical wound infection that intrudes to the brain structures, abnormal clot formation and bleeding.
- General risks include muscle weakness, disturbances in memory, speech, vision, coordination, balance and other functions that are controlled by the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
British head injury statistics report that about one million people are required to go through emergency care every year. Although many of these accidents are minor, one out of five victims is required to be admitted in the hospital for emergency care. Head injuries amount to about 1 percent of all deaths and about 15 to 20 percent death in people aged between 5 and 35 years. This is the most common form of death in abused children.
Symptoms of a concussion
Head injuries are also known as concussions or traumatic brain injuries, which may range from mild to severe. Most mild injuries cause no harm over time but in rare cases, these may trigger a host of problems. You must seek medical help in case you observe any of the following symptoms:
- Nausea, drowsiness and headache are persistent for a long time and get worse every day.
- Difficulty in waking up from sleep; this problem is very common with children.
- Unusual and incomprehensible behavior like getting annoyed or losing temper and being confused.
- Amnesia or forgetfulness.
- Change in the size of eye pupil especially dilated pupil.
- Difficulty in explaining anything, speaking and even walking.
- Drainage of blood-like or clear fluids from nose or ears.
- Weakness or numbness in different parts of the body, particularly in arms and legs.
- Vomiting more than twice or thrice in a day.
Such symptoms should never be overlooked and they may take place separately or in combination in people affected with mild head injuries. These symptoms are collectively called post concussional syndrome causing irritability, depression, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia together with the above mentioned problems.
Homeopathic treatment to alleviate the symptoms
Initial hours right after the head injury are very crucial. A proper treatment at this point of time can prevent further worsening of the condition. Arnica and NatrumSulph are very effective in treating head injuries or concussion. Though most people regard Arnica as a small remedy in petty injuries, in truth, Arnica plays a vital role in preventing immediate as well as remote effects culminating from a head injury. It can control internal hemorrhages or bleeding, which may lead to critical problems in the future.
Another important homeopathic medicine is NatrumSulph that is known for its ability to treat epilepsy, sightlessness, vertigo and memory loss, which can arise from an immediate or distant head injury. It can also lead to swelling in the optic channel through which the optic nerve goes that can cause acute visual disturbances. Therefore, it is important to consult a responsive healthcare provider without further delay.
I got TIA (stroke) two years ago. I am doing really good right now. But, I am deeply into the phobia, that stroke can return again. I am in fear always. How to overcome it. Please suggest measures.
No needle sensation in leg, no problem in passing urine problem of pain and tiredness on left buttock and spine joint, can't sit cross leg down, problem in lifting left leg independently, able to walk with tilt towards left side. Please advice
A Brain Tumour can be defined as an abnormal growth of the tissues in the brain, which can disrupt the proper brain functions. Generally, the cells in the human body die and are replaced by new cells, while in the case of a tumour, the old cells do not die and form an accumulation and continues to grow to form a mass as more and more cells are added to it.
Symptoms of Brain Tumour:
- Headache: Having headache on regular basis, without any history of having such frequent headaches in past, which becomes worse because of other pressure related activities, such as sneezing, coughing, exercising might be a possible symptom of brain tumour and issues related to such sudden and frequent headaches should be taken up with the doctor without any further delay.
- Seizures: Seizures (fits) are amongst the most common symptoms of brain tumour, which might be limited to a particular body part or the whole body. Seizures might even continue after the treatment of brain tumour because of the left scar tissues in the brain.
- Numbness in arms/legs: Numbness in any body part, especially arms and legs should also be get evaluated timely, so that, if the possible reason behind them is a brain tumour, then the same could be treated well on time.
- Balancing problems: Poor coordination and balancing problems also arise as the most prominent symptom for the brain tumour and hence such small changes must be evaluated and the person suffering should be taken to a doctor immediately to get treated without any delay.
- Memory problems: Lack of concentration, poor memory and short term memory loss are few of the possible symptoms that indicate the presence of tumour.
- Nausea or vomiting: Nausea or vomiting might be the symptoms of many other possible health issues, but a headache supported by nausea and/or vomiting is one of the many symptoms of a brain tumour and hence should not be ignored.
- Facial paralysis: The inability to keep the facial activities under control also indicates the presence of a possible brain tumour and the same should also be diagnosed as soon as one experiences it.
- Change in vision: A person suffering from brain tumour might also experience changes in the vision, dizziness, blurry vision, among other sight related issues.
- Change in speech: The inability to speak properly and changes in the speech of a person may also indicate a possible presence of a tumour.
- Hearing problems: Sudden occurrence of hearing problems and other hearing related disorders might have the brain tumour as a possible reason.
Diagnosing a brain tumour may include one or more of many tests, including CT scan, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Angiogram and biopsy. One should never ignore the symptoms of the brain tumour and should get himself/herself checked since the brain tumours might result into permanent damages to the brain; hence such issues should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.