Sinusitis refers to an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses.The main things that make sinusitis more likely for adults are infections and smoking.However there are other causes for the same as well and its important to take guidance from a good doctor in case you face any such issue.read more
Hi, I am Dr Monty Talwar. I am practising homeopathy since last 20 years. Presntly I am practising in Gurgaon. Today, let us discuss about Gallstones.
Gallstones is the formation of stones in the gall bladder. These gallstones can be either Cholestrol stones or Bilirubin stones.
The cholestrol stones appear yellowish or whitish in colour. The bilirubin stones appear blackish in colour. Sometimes there is a combination of these two stones. THere may be either single stones or multiple stones. The patient may complain of moderate to severe pain in abdomen, nausea, vomiting, lot of gas, fever.
Now the causes can be dietary. If the patient is taking very less water or fluid. Diet which is rich in carbohydrates. THe diet which is rich in oily fatty food like ghee, oil, cheese, byutter. and again lack of exercise
Earlier, gallstones were most commonly found in women around 40 years of age. BUt these days we see lot of younger adults facing problem of gallstones. So, the treatment includes;
- Advising a proper diet to the patient.
- More intake of water (atleast 10-12 glasses of water everyday).
- Reduce carbohydrates in diet
- Reduce the intake of oily, fatty food like ghee, butter, oil and cheese.
- Regular exercise is advised to the patient.
In homeopathy, we give acute medicines when the patients come with the acute totality or having lot of pain Nausea, vomiting, acute fever. We give acute medicines to relieve the patient from the pain. Once the pain is settled, we give constitutional medicine to the patient. These constitutional medicines are deep acting medicines. THey help to stimulate the immune system of the patient.
The constitutional medicines are given on the basis of the nature temperament of the pateint, physcial generalities whether he is comfortable in hot weather or cold weather. How much he sweats, his urination, desire in food, his nature, temperament. All these things make up this constitutional make up. These medicines have to be given for the long time, liek 6 months to 1 year so that the stoens can dissolve. In this way we approach a case with gallstones.
Hi, I am Dr Monty Talwar. I am practising Homeopathy from last 21 years. Presently I am practising in Gurgaon. Today I will talk about Sinusitis.
Sinusitis is a very common condition we face specially in young adults. The most common symptoms of sinusitis we see are;
- Cheek pain or ain resembling tooth ache
- Nose discharge which may be thick, yellowish, greenish
- There may be heaviness in the head.
- Sometimes there is a post nasal discharge or nasal blockage.
- Also the patient may complain of fever.
The most comon causes are;
Lot of time we get patients which are exposed to humid or cold weather also. The symptoms are when the sinuses are inflammed, then the patient may complain of pain in the cheek region and sometimes it may resemble a toothache.
- And if there is a frontal sinus inflammation, then the patient may have a dull headache and a heaviness in the forehead.
- If it affects an Ethmoidal sinus, then there will be pain between the root of the nose and in between the eyes.
- When the sphenoidal sinus is inflammed, then there will be pain behind the eyes.
Now the symptomatic approach to the treatment will be steam inhalation which helps in liquefying the discharges and the discharges can easily flow out and patient feel relieved. Sometimes we also advice gargeling with warm water. Now in Homeopathic approach, when patient comes with acute symptoms such as cold, cough, discharge from the nose, fever or headache we give acute medicines based on the acute totality of the patients.
Once these patients are relieved from the acute symptoms then we go to the constitutional medicines. A lot of time we see that the recurrent sinusitis will lead to chronic sinusitis. So, in such cases we need to give a deeper acting medicines called the Constitutional medicines.
Constitutional medicines are given on the basis of patient's nature, temperament, personality, physical generalities, whether he is more comfortable in hot weather or cold weather, how much he seats, food likes and dislikes, stool, urination, apetite, thirst etc. So on these basis we make up te consitutional medicines for the patients which we corelate to the homeopathic medicine. These medicines are very deep acting and they stimulate the imune system of the patient so that the frequency of the attacks that they keep getting, the intensity of the attacks over the period of time reduces till the patient feels relieved with the symptoms.
So, this is how we tackle sinusitis case in Homeopathy.
Ifr you have any query regarding Sinusitis or any complaint, you may consult me through Lybrate or visit my clinic on Sohna Road, Gurgaon.
cold cough read more
Know how Homeopathy constitutional remedies can cure Chronic cases
Hi, I’m Dr. Monty Talwar, practicing in Gurgaon, I have an experience of about 20 years in homeopathy, I practice classical homeopathy wherein we take into account the patient’s nature and temperament especially in chronic cases. The constitutional cases are very deep-acting and they will stimulate the immune system of the patient. Thereby, the patient’s body fights on its own, so we are not providing a continuous stimulus or a medicine from outside as the body takes charge of itself.
The example in thyroid cases, especially in hypothyroidism when we give the constitutional medicine it stimulates the thyroid gland so that it starts secreting the hormone on its own. As a result, the patient can be off the thyroid medicine. Similarly, in frequent colds and coughs in children where they fall sick too often, so these medicines build up the immunity of the child, so that they do not fall sick that often. Because of this individualistic approach, homeopathy is considered to be a holistic science.
If you have any queries or require a consultation with me you can consult me on Lybrate. Thank You.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Monty Talwar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Monty TalwarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Monty Talwar to be well-reasoned. but about 2 weeks ago i used to sleep 4 hrs only and many of my topper friends also do the same,
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Monty Talwar to be inspiring. How much your fees and medicine cost
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Monty Talwar to be very helpful. Thanks dr it us really helpful
Dr. Monty Talwar provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thanks Sir
Dr. Monty Talwar provides answers that are very helpful. Valuable adviced
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Monty to be very helpful. Thank u
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning.
‘Hives’ or ‘urticaria’ can be defined as an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps on the skin surface. This happens because of the body’s response to involuntary histamine release by the skin’s blood vessels (which in turn, cause a leakage of blood plasma). The infection generally lasts for about 5-6 weeks, varying significantly in sizes and shapes. Although it is not a serious medical condition, hives can posit considerable discomfort to the affected person (coupled with severe itching and a constant burning sensation near the spot).
Although the exact reason behind the development of this condition is still unknown, researchers suggest that there are some factors that initiate the disorder.
- Hives can occur as a result of insect or parasite bites.
- In some cases, this disorder might occur as a side effect of painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Excessive intake of alcohol or foods rich in proteins such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate, berries etc. might also cause hives.
- Excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun or high levels of stress can also result in hives.
- Also, suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders might drastically aggravate chances of chronic hives as well.
- Development of numerous reddish welts around the face or the arms along with a severe itchy sensation, recurrent feeling of tightness around the chest and constant dizziness.
- Oral inflammation
If not treated immediately after diagnosis, this disorder might cause life- threatening allergic reactions such as Anaphylaxis (a condition which narrows down the bronchial tubes and causes significant breathing troubles) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
The homeopathic preparations useful for treating hives have been mentioned below:
- Apis mellifica: This medication works best for a case of hives that has resulted from insect or parasite bites. Other symptoms that are taken care of by this medication include severe itching and a stinging sensation that worsens at night or with exposure to cold, coupled with mild fever.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure hives that include symptoms of a burning sensation, abnormal swelling, and constant restlessness.
- Ichthyolum and Astacus: This preparation is effective to cure chronic hives caused due to serious medical conditions such as uric acid, tuberculosis, or excessive alcohol consumption. People suffering from this particular type exhibit symptoms such as a large appetite, irritability, and a constant itchiness.
The liver plays a significant role in the body’s various metabolic processes. Infection with hepatitis C virus causes inflammation of the liver, known popularly as hepatitis C. It is a relatively new discovery (1980s), but there are a significant number of cases identified. The challenge in identifying this disease is that the patient does not manifest with any symptoms and can be carrying the virus for years with no signs or symptoms.
This makes diagnosis very difficult and in most cases, it is discovered when diagnosing for some other disease. It is transmitted via blood – through of drug needles, tattoo needles or sexual activities when the virus is present in the vaginal fluid.
Treatment For Hepatitis C -
Is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of is not only to treat hepatitis C infection but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for hepatitis C treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified doctor in person.
Offers for hepatitis C by detoxifying and neutralizing viral cells, improving immunity, and stimulating of healthy cells. The following compounds are useful in this.
Chelidonium Majus: Prepared from the flowers of Celandine, it acts on the hepatobiliary system and restores overall liver function. The patient’s presenting symptoms include jaundice with pain, bloated abdomen, significant lethargy, weakness, reduced appetite, nausea, and vomiting.
China Officinalis: This is useful in patients who are down with intermittent fevers, headaches, gallstones and dyspepsia. The patient could also have debility, trembling, ringing in the ears, flatulence in the abdomen, gassy feeling and vomiting of bile.
Bryonia Alba: This is prepared from the plant known as wild hops after potentization. It works on multiple systems including the digestive, hepatobiliary, respiratory, and musculoskeletal systems. This is useful in patients who suffer from dyspepsia, migraine, bronchitis, joint pains, back pain, menstrual issues, and respiratory tract infections. The patient could also experience a burning sensation and soreness in the abdomen, which is extremely tender to the touch, along with nausea and vomiting. The symptoms are aggravated during summer months and with heat.
Kali Carbonicum: The active ingredient acts of multiple bodily systems including kidneys, liver, digestive, blood, bones, lungs, etc. It is widely used in liver dysfunctions like nephrotic syndrome, cirrhosis, and hepatitis C. The patient may have liver atrophy, cirrhosis, heaviness in the abdomen or jaundice. He or she could be restless, excitable and nervous. Extreme weakness and reaction to changes in light, sound, touch and are some other symptoms. The pain could be relieved by rubbing.
Other medicines like Lycopodium, Belladonna, Nux Vomica, and Aconite are also useful. However, as with all medicines, self-medication is not advisable. The doctor will check for all accompanying symptoms and your overall health status and then determine what would work for you.
Peptic ulcers are sores that develop in the lining of the stomach, lower esophagus, or small intestine (the duodenum), usually as a result of inflammation caused by the bacteria H. pylori, as well as from erosion from stomach acids. Peptic ulcers are a fairly common health problem.
- Heredity – Patients with peptic ulcer often have a family history of the disease, this is particularly so with duodenal ulcers which develop below the age of 20 years. The relatives of chronic ulcer patients have three times the expected number of ulcers.
- Helicobacter pylori – This is the most important etiological factor in peptic ulcer disease, accounting for 90% of duodenal ulcers and 70% of gastric ulcers. By causing gastritis it reduces the resistance of the gastric mucosa to attack be acid and pepsin and a gastric ulcer may result.
- Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS) – These damage the gastric mucosal barrier and are an important etiological factor in up to 30% of gastric ulcers.
- Smoking – confers an increased risk of gastric ulcer and to a lesser extent duodenal ulcer.
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. This is because to select the right medicine a homeopaths needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which, vary from person to person. A homeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the pat and present medical history of the patient, his/her family history, his/her general physical and psychological characteristics etc. This hard work on the part of homeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Homeopathic Medicines for Stomach Ulcers
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the best Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with radiating pains
- Nux Vomica – Highly effective among Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers where eating worsens pain
- Kali Bichromicum – One of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for ulcers in stomach
- Lycopodium Clavatum – One of the effective Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers with bloated abdomen
- Carbo Veg – One of the known Homeopathic medicines for stomach ulcers
Whether you eat to live or live to eat, everyone suffers from a gastrointestinal tract infection at some point or the other. This can range from acidity and mild indigestion to diarrhoea and stomach ulcers. Digestive problems can make day to day life uncomfortable and in some cases become embarrassing as well. Thankfully, most gastrointestinal tract infections can be treated and cured easily.
Stomach and digestive problems spare no person. At times, the stomach disorder is of a short duration and at other times longer. Both stomach and digestive problems indicate that there is something inherently out of order and the body needs immediate help. The discomfort that accompanies stomach and digestive problems can hinder life’s activities and become an embarrassment too. Homeopathy has a cure for both stomach and digestive problems. The natural Homeopathic remedies for stomach and digestive problems are not only of great help in getting rid of stomach problems but also eliminate the root cause of the digestive disorders. The Homeopathic treatment is completely safe with zero side effects and proves to be of immense benefit in the long run.
When it comes to such infections, homeopathy is a form of medicine that is preferred by many. This is because it has negligible side effects and can be prescribed for children and adults alike. Homeopathy treats not only the physical symptoms exhibited by the patient but his or her overall physical, mental and emotional health.
Some homeopathic remedies used to treat digestion problems are:
Nux Vomica- This is considered the ‘go to’ remedy for almost all stomach problems. It can be used to treat heartburn, constipation, indigestion etc. It also relieves bloating and a sense of fullness after eating a heavy meal.
Pulsatilla- This homeopathic remedy can be used to deal with the gastric trouble that results from excessive consumption of fatty foods and for the treatment of loose stools. Most people who benefit from this medicine showcase an absence of thirst.
China- China helps relieve bloating caused by excessive gas in the abdomen. This bloating may also be accompanied by severe abdominal pain. Diarrhoea that is a result of eating fruits and that causes extreme weakness can also be treated with China. China can also be used to treat loose stools that are accompanied by blood.
Arsenic Album- Gastric troubles caused by food poisoning can be treated with Arsenic Album. Some of the problems it addresses are nausea, vomiting, stomach aches and loose stools. In such cases, the patient may also complain that the discomfort worsens on eating or drinking anything and may experience a burning sensation in the stomach.
Lycopodium- Homeopathic medicine for stomach feeling full after eating very little. Sometimes a person may feel full even though he or she has eaten very little. Lycopodium is the ideal remedy for this problem. It is also used to treat acidity caused by the intake of starchy food and gas in the stomach that causes burping.
- Ipecac- This homeopathic remedy can be used to treat persistent nausea or simply an extremely nauseating feeling. This nausea may or may not be accompanied by other gastric complaints.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have a great hair fall daily and heaviness on my eyes and not able to do work actively. In this case what should I need to do?
Pregnancy is a major physiological process in a woman's body that increases the level of stress on both your body and immune system. Homeopathy is the most ideal form of medication that enables you to deal with the symptoms and complications of pregnancy. Homeopathic treatment has proven to be effective in treating severe ailments, including morning sickness, headaches, digestive ailments, muscle aches and other discomforts which are common in pregnancy. The usage of Homeopathic medicines during pregnancy is completely safe as it uses small amounts of active ingredients that enhance the natural abilities of your body to heal and cause general improvement.
When compared to the other conventional drugs, Homeopathy has no side effects and is non-addictive, hence safe. Here are the common homeopathy medications which are used in pregnancy:
1. Aconite: This remedy calms extreme anxiety which is common in pregnancy
3. Bellis Perennis: This remedy is used when Arnica does not alleviate discomfort and it is considered to work effectively for sores and bruises, easing pelvic pain or abdominal tissue damage.
4. Caulophyllum: This remedy helps to tone up and strengthen the uterus and prepares the cervix for the birth. It is also used to induce contractions during child birth.
5. Cimicifuga: It is similar in action to Caulophyllum with a slight difference of producing coordinated contractions while alleviating the anxiety at the same time.
6. Gelsemium: Works excellently well for dysfunctional labor with failure to progress. This also helps calm anxiety that is felt while anticipating the birth.
7. Hypericum: This remedy soothes nerve pains which are usually common after a caesarian section or perineal tears and episiotomy.
9. Nux Vomica: Eases the contractions which are mainly felt in the back, extending to the buttocks and thighs.
10. Staphysagria: This enhances the healing process of incisions or lacerated injury. It alleviates mood swings, feelings of anger, resentment, disappointment which are generally felt by the mother post birth.
Homeopathy is a safer during and after child birth.
PCOD is an endocrine system disorder that affects women in their reproductive years.Untreated, it can lead to infertility and other complications. The exact cause is unknown.
Hair loss is a very common condition and affects most people at some time in their lives. A common condition, alopecia areata usually starts as a single quarter-sized circle of perfectly smooth bald skin.
Sinusitis refers to an inflammation or swelling of the tissue lining the sinuses.The main things that make sinusitis more likely for adults are infections and smoking.However there are other causes for the same as well and its important to take guidance from a good doctor in case you face any such issue.