Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Chatterjee
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I want to know that in my folds of vagina always there is a white deposition, is it normal or does this white thing need to be removed and if yes then how and also I had a recent urine test and there was no urine infection.
My brother is worried about getting hiv infection, he had sex last night with a commercial sex worker (CSW) in kula lampur. He seem to have partial intercourse. Once without condom. Although he rinsed with water after ejection. And he hadn't erected in vagina. Our family is totally worried about this incident. And he is also very sad. Although the CSW said she doesn't have any HIV or STD. Is there a way to prevent hiv or to know if he was infected with it or not.
Pulmonary Fibrosis : Symptoms ad Causes
One of the essential chemical processes within the human body is that of the oxygenation of the blood. This needs to be done to carry oxygen to the various vital organs and also continue with many of the essential functions within the body.
The lungs are responsible for transferring oxygen throughout the body, and the malfunctioning of lungs may cause many issues with the normal functioning of the processes. A common ailment that affects the lungs is pulmonary fibrosis, also known as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis or scarring of the lungs.
What is Pulmonary Fibrosis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the scarring of the tissues inside the lungs of a patient. This scarring results in the development of excess tissue, which causes the walls of the lungs to thicken, giving rise to breathing difficulties.
Some of the symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis are-
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in joint and muscles
- Continuous dry coughing
- Inability to exert or take even the slightest bit of physical strain
- Lack of appetite which results in unintentional weight loss
- The rounding of finger and toe tips, which is known as clubbing
Pulmonary fibrosis has various stages and thus, it is important to detect it early or else it can put stresses on other vital organs.
Some of the causes for it are mentioned below:
- Smoking - Cigarettes, cigars, and beedi are a leading cause of pulmonary fibrosis as they directly affect the lungs by depositing harmful chemicals and thus, cause scarring.
- Environmental or occupational hazards - People working in a heavy glass or dust particulate environment such as in heavy industrial factories are also susceptible as they breathe in the particles, which may cause scarring.
- Medicinal triggers - Certain medications can be a trigger due to hormonal or other physical changes and as a side effect may cause scarring of the lungs.
- Genetic factors - Certain people are genetically predisposed to this condition if multiple members within the family have it as well.
- Acid reflux diseases - Certain acid reflux problems may also cause scarring when drops of stomach acids enter the lung through the esophageal tract.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day.
Angioplasty is referred to as a cardiac procedure, which involves widening the narrowed section of a coronary artery. Usually performed by an interventional cardiologist, this procedure is performed in a cardiac catheterization lab, short for a cath lab. An interventional cardiologist takes extra care to review the risks, in addition to obtaining your counsel prior to preparing you for the procedure. The physician also refers to your medical history in order to determine the amount of anesthesia that should be used.
What happens during the procedure?
Although mild sedatives will be administered to help you relax, the process requires you to remain awake throughout the procedure. The procedure of angioplasty involves cardiac catheterization. The doctor numbs the intended site through medications and inserts the catheter. Following such the doctor inserts a thin sheath in your artery, oftentimes in your groin or arm. A long, narrow, empty tube known as a catheter, is then carefully guided through the sheath, through the blood vessels and into the arteries near the heart.
A little amount of liquid is then injected through the catheter, which is moved through the chambers, valves and vessels of the heart. This movement is then pictured with the help of X-rays, with which the doctors can diagnose the condition and working of the coronary arteries and the heart valve.
The surgical procedure lasts for around 1.5 - 2.5 hours, but the preparation and post - surgical procedures may take several hours. A patient is usually made to stay overnight to be monitored by medical personnel.
What to expect before an Angioplasty?
Most people are made to undergo a blood test and electrocardiogram before having an angioplasty. Usually scheduled a day before the procedure, such tests usually require separate appointments. Usually patients are restricted to eat since 12 hours before the exam.
What happens post-procedure?
After the procedure, you will be instructed to remain flat for 5-6 hours without bending your legs, so as to prevent bleeding. The nurse will instruct you as to when you can get up from your bed. You may not be permitted to drink or eat until the groin sheath is removed as such can cause nausea.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.