Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
I am a 52 years male having stiffness & numbness in my both legs for past many years which effects in the area from my waist through till my feet. It persists with long sitting or standing postures with a feeling of mild current flowing through that area. I can' t walk too long & lack confidence for long distance travelling alone. It persists with less sleeping or mental stress. Sometimes I feel cramps in leg-muscles. But I do not have pain in that area. I prefer shoes to wear while walking as sandals might slipped from my feet and I would not notice because of the feeling of numbness in my feet. I do not have ailment like diabetes. Kindly advice! thanks.
I have gone through 3 cesarean, And I am suffering from a nerve pain which travels from my right gluten to my right ankle?
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
Im feeding my baby she is 11 month now. My legs become numb when ever I sit down or take my baby on my lab. I can not walk fr seconds. It happen every time I take my baby on my lap.
My father in law who is 61 yrs now had undergone angioplasty in 2007. The stent was inserted through the right side. From last year there is numbness (less sensation) on the right thigh and pain occurs when he stands for a long time or walks for about 2 kms. Is it due to the operation or some other cause? kindly advice.
I am 66 years, getting sometimes numbness in my right hand, right foot for some times. After few minutes this becomes o. K of its own. Many times, I get pain on back hip joint in the center.
I am 31 year female. I have female type of baldness. Now I was going under treatment to recover my hairs (6 months). My doctor suggests me for prp. I had old history of epilepsy (20 years). I took medicine nearly 15 years. Last 5 years I was not taking any medicine. Is it good to go prp treatment?
My 83 years old mother has been diagnosed of Alzheimer's disease and with the first dose of allopathic medicine - DONEP- she ended up being admitted in the hospital in emergency for extreme weakness and nausea. Now she refuses to take that medicine. About a month back I started giving her homeopathic - BARYTA CARB 200 thrice a day 5 balls but do not see any improvement in her. I have heard that Ayurveda has good treatment for alzheimer, request you to please advise. When the memory test was done by the psychiatrist, my mother scored 20/30. She has no other health problems.
I am suffered form heavy headache from mny months and I doubt its from migraine what can I do now and which tablets are taken for this.
I am suffering from 1. Memory loss for the last 4 years 2. Acidic reflection for the past 3 years 3. Diabetic but under control with Glyred M 4. Acute migraine for the past 25 years.
One of my relative has migraine. Sometimes it becomes so severe that she can not tolerate and starts crying and screaming. So I want to know if there is any solution for migraine in ayurved.
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.