Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mangala PawarYour feedback matters!
The experience with Dr. Mangala was very helpful and informative. We are glad we took our 6 months old baby to her !
Hello Doctors, My son is 04 years old, from some days he is suffering some pain on his genital section, on seeing the tip of his anus there is some allergy (diane) near about 01-02, what precautions do we take care of it ,or any medicines to apply. Please advice.
#1 Boosts Immunity
Oranges is an excellent source of vitamin c. A single medium-sized orange can fulfil about 72% of your daily requirement for vitamin c. Since vitamin c plays a crucial role as an antioxidant by protecting your body against the damage caused by free radicals generated in the body. It therefore reduces inflammation in immune related conditions like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Although debatable, researchers suggest that vitamin c also plays an important role in strengthening immune responses of the body, protecting against recurring cold and cough or any other common infections. Here are 11 ways to include oranges in your diet.
#2 Helps prevent ageing of skin
There's a reason why oranges are popularly used in the beauty industry. Several beauty products including face packs, masks and creams that are available contain orange extract as a key ingredient. That's because vitamin c present in oranges also helps prevent skin damage, by eliminating free radicals. Vitamin c, being involved in synthesis of collagen, an important component to maintain skin's overall appearance and texture, prevents premature aging and wrinkling of the skin. Apart from vitamin c, oranges are packed with vitamin a that help keep the skin membranes healthy. Here are 8 fruit packs you can make at home for beautiful skin.
#3 Protects the eyes
Vitamin a in oranges helps keep mucus membranes in the eyes healthy. Available in the form of carotenoid compounds like lutein, beta carotene and zeaxanthin, vitamin a is protective against age-related macular degeneration, a vision-related condition that causes blindness. Besides, it also plays an important role in allowing your eyes to absorb the light. You may also read tomatoes- natural remedy for good vision.
#4 Help prevents heart disease
This is yet another health benefit of oranges which is attributed to its vitamin c level. Free radicals generated during various reactions taking place in the cells can trigger oxidation of cholesterol, causing the oxidised molecules to aggregate and stick to the walls of the arteries. This leads to build up of plaques that eventually block the arteries, causing heart attack, coronary artery disease or even stroke. Vitamin c in oranges takes care of these free radicals and neutralises them, thus playing a role in preventing heart disease. Besides they also contain flavonoids like hesperidin that lowers cholesterol level and prevents the arteries from getting blocked.
#5 Helps brain development
Folate/folic acid or vitamin b9 present in oranges promote brain development and keep the vital organ in mint condition. In fact, these nutrients also make orange a healthy fruit for pregnant woman as it prevents the baby from having neurological disorders later. Oranges also contain phytonutrients called polyphenols that play a role in development of learning and memory functions of the brain.
#6 Helps prevent cancer
Oranges contain a compound called d – limonene that has been shown to play an important role in preventing various types of cancer like lung cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, etc. Additionally, the antioxidants and vitamin c help promote the body’s immunity which helps in fighting cancer cells. Oranges are highly fibrous fruits, which contributes to its cancer-protecting effect. A study revealed that about 10 to 15 per cent of colon cancer cases are caused by mutations in the dna. These mutations can prevented by consuming vitamin c rich sources like oranges. Here are some other health benefits of vitamin c you should know
#7 Pevents constipation
Oranges are a very good source of soluble and insoluble fibre, which helps keep your stomach and intestines healthy by preventing problems like irritable bowel syndrome. The fibre content in them adds bulk to the digested food and reduces transit time of feces, preventing constipation and straining.
#8 Improves sperm quality
Death is inevitable, but our legacy may live on through our offspring. The antioxidants and vitamin c present in most fruits, including oranges improves the quality and motility of your sperm thus keeping you fertile. Another vitamin called folic acid also is an essential nutrient for maintaining healthy sperms that you can obtain from oranges. It also protects the sperm from genetic damage, which might lead to birth defects.
#9 Great for diabetics
The rich fibre content of oranges has the ability to keep a track of sugar levels in the body, preventing diabetes. It is also a good option for those who are diabetic. Also worth mentioning is that good oranges have a sweet taste, and since diabetics aren’t allowed to eat sweets or other sugary foods, they can eat oranges to tingle their taste buds.
#10 Prevents hair loss
Orange has high vitamin c content which is required for producing collagen which, in turn, is responsible for keeping the tissues in your hair together. Nobody likes bald patches on their head, and eating oranges can ensure that you do not have to part with your lovely hair as you grow older.
Is it safe to take a 18 months old child for a Australia tour for 13 days. What care should be taken? What food to give him during that period
My daughter Anaisha, 6months old. Having issue with Vomit, Continual Cry. Cough then Vomit most of the times nowadays.
My son's DOB is 23.02. 2016. He was given his 10 week vaccination today - 6.5. 2016 and NXT one is due on 6.6. 2016. Can I give it on 1.6. 2016? As I am going out of station.
Hi doc, my son is 5 months old. I am giving both breastfeeding and bottle for him. Once I started with formula his poo changed from yellow to green colour and it's smelling awful. But he seems to be fine. M giving nan pro 1. Is he fine? Or I need to change another brand.
Hi my baby is 2.5 months Will making him sleep on sides misshapen his head as said by the elders at home? Is breastfeeding while lying down safe?
नवजात शिशु अपना अधिकतर समय सोने में व्यतीत करते हैं। इसीलिए आपके बच्चे को कुछ समय के बाद जाग जाना चाहिए, जागने पर अच्छी तरह से आहार लेना चाहिए | बच्चा संतुष्ट दिखाई दे रहा हो तो वह बिलकुल ठीक है | ये किसी गंभीर बीमारी के लक्ष्ण हो सकते हैं। यदि वह बहुत अधिक थका हुआ अथवा उनींदा नज़र आए, बहुत कम सजग दिखाई दे और आहार लेने के लिए न जागे, तो आपको अपने बच्चे को डॉक्टर के पास ले जाना चाहिए।
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.